Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Sign in to follow this  
Hampshire reds

Nathan Baker

He got injured v Bolton IIRC, no idea if he's fit again?

However, could be an indication that he's off- and I would consider trading him i.e. selling in the summer to help fund strengthening of other areas IF we can get Kalas permanently.

13 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

no i would not pick him ahead of kalas or webster. i do think he should be on the bench. 

Kelly can cover LCB so no point in having another left footed CB on the bench so Wright gets chosen as CB I'd imagine.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

no i would not pick him ahead of kalas or webster. i do think he should be on the bench. 

Thing is that Kelly can play LB/CB and Wright can play RB/CB, so they're are both going to be a preferred option on the bench due to their versatility. 

• Like 8

Wouldn’t make sense to have baker on the bench. Waste of a sub. 

Kalas and Webster unlikely to get injured and if they do then Wright and Kelly are two options already.  Better to have more midfielders and attackers on bench 

Of late Baker has normally wandered up to our area during the game to have a chat with whoever is co-commentating BCTV.  Last week it was Morrell on BCTV and he wandered up with Mo Eisa and Marley Watkins to have a natter.

All 4 of them weren’t injured!!

• Thanks 1

Baker aside- can only assume he's out of favour for footballing reasons, or maybe could it be a falling out? Who knows...

I'd consider Morrell to go into a bona fide a midfield 3 if he's fit tbh- give Pack that extra layer of security, extra player in there enables him to be pressed and harried less readily.

Of course Smith and Walsh are ahead of him in the queue, but how fit are they?

Watkins hasn't worked out...as for Eisa, the strategy is baffling- should have been loaned in January IMO- even if it's to retain some value or put him in the shop window a bit for the summer were he to be sold on.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would you pick him ahead of Kalas or Webster?

He does seem to have rolling injuries but I believe it's that he can't dislodge the 2 at CB too.

I can't believe he's been rolling, how irresponsible for a professional footballer. I once rolled down Brandon Hill and injured myself, it's a dangerous pastime.

16 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

The latter I expect, not doing as he's told by LJ

Or you know, just not as good as our starting players.... nah I'm sure LJ has to be at fault though