IGNORED

Champions League Draw

Super

Semi-final line-up

Tottenham v Manchester City to face Ajax v Juventus

Barcelona v Manchester United to face Liverpool v Porto

This is bizarre

United tie reversed

Worth remembering that Manchester United will play their tie against Barcelona at home first so that they and Manchester City do not play their second legs at home in the same week.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Semi-final line-up

Tottenham v Manchester City to face Ajax v Juventus

Barcelona v Manchester United to face Liverpool v Porto

This is bizarre

United tie reversed

Worth remembering that Manchester United will play their tie against Barcelona at home first so that they and Manchester City do not play their second legs at home in the same week.

That is absolutely ridiculous. For what reason can they not play at home in the same week?

53 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

That is absolutely ridiculous. For what reason can they not play at home in the same week?

The rule is set out in advance (has happened with Arsenal/Chelsea in Europa league draw as well) so I'm guessing it was to stop 2 foreign sets of fans travelling to a City a day early then having a mix and potential clash of fans the evening of the first game.

34 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

That would be the weakest semi final line up in years

Juventus and Liverpool are pretty strong sides- the way Juventus turned over Atletico from a 2 goal deficit against such a hard side to break down, that could well make them favourites if that semi final lineup happened- to say nothing of the Ronaldo factor. They're an elite side though- they have a lot of the players and arguably the manager, but I'd question whether they have the mindset...

2 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

Lucky scousers. 

Juve, Liverpool, Man City and Barca in the Semis. 

If you think Lindelof and Smalling will cope with Messi & co, you're mental. 

Lucky scousers? Having got through a group of PSG and Napoli, to then go on and beat Bayern Munich in the last 16?

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Had a hard draw to get there though. PSG, Napoli- Red Star showed what they could do at home too vs Liverpool and Napoli.

Tottenham the unlucky ones for sure!

Yeah, I agree. If I was a fan of one of these clubs, I think I'd most want to draw Spurs. Regardless of the route the take, I can't see them going all the way. I have a funny feeling it could be United's year given the feelgood factor they have at the moment, as well as the momentum they have behind them (aside from their loss last weekend!)

7 minutes ago, RedDave said:

He didn’t say it was easy. Said it was easiest. There’s a difference 

I wouldn't even say its the easiest. 

When you get to this level, every game is very tough and the margins are minimal so I wouldn't call any game the 'easiest' of the draw

Archived