IGNORED

We scout players, so are we SCOUTING MANAGERS full time?

McNasty Filth

After reading an article the other day about how in-depth scouting/researching/analysing players has now become, it got me thinking, are City doing this with potential new managers for when the time comes that either Lee is poached/sacked/resigns.

In particular, if the club are doing this, are they employing someone (In-House or Consultant) on a full time basis to go as in-depth as possible, looking at all leagues across the UK, Europe, South America and beyond?

Obviously the club would ideally have a playing identity set in stone akin to a side like Brentford, so as to make sense of relating in-depth analysis to a goal.

Personally I think the club should be doing this 100%, in terms of due diligence and preparation.

Do people think the manager should be aware of this, or not? Hearing how Ashton is always claiming to be ahead of the curve and progressive, cant imagine why he wouldn't be.

Interested to hear how people think this would affect the inner dynamic of the club?

3 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

After reading an article the other day about how in-depth scouting/researching/analysing players has now become, it got me thinking, are City doing this with potential new managers for when the time comes that either Lee is poached/sacked/resigns.

In particular, if the club are doing this, are they employing someone (In-House or Consultant) on a full time basis to go as in-depth as possible, looking at all leagues across the UK, Europe, South America and beyond?

Obviously the club would ideally have a playing identity set in stone akin to a side like Brentford, so as to make sense of relating in-depth analysis to a goal.

Personally I think the club should be doing this 100%, in terms of due diligence and preparation.

Do people think the manager should be aware of this, or not? Hearing how Ashton is always claiming to be ahead of the curve and progressive, cant imagine why he wouldn't be.

Interested to hear how people think this would affect the inner dynamic of the club?

I would imagine that in the world of professional football coaches are pretty well known and any with the correct DNA ( can’t believe I just typed that ! ) would be kept an eye on by the club .

20 minutes ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

I wouldn't think the club are doing this.

They should be, but I would be astonished if the cosy status quo is reviewed in such a manner. We say we are constantly looking to improve on the playing side, so why we don't do likewise with coaches and administrators I have no idea.

SL is clearly happy with LJ's team and MA.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

I would imagine that in the world of professional football coaches are pretty well known and any with the correct DNA ( can’t believe I just typed that ! ) would be kept an eye on by the club .

DNA = Do Not Appoint!

57 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

They should be, but I would be astonished if the cosy status quo is reviewed in such a manner. We say we are constantly looking to improve on the playing side, so why we don't do likewise with coaches and administrators I have no idea.

Certainly happy with LJ and his team. Not so sure about MA tho....

2 hours ago, Loon plage said:

47 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

That’s what HR departments do! City will be no different.

Exactly, so judging by some other comments, the club should be doing it discreetly or outsourcing it to a consultancy.

Up and coming Managers like Cowley at Lincoln will be on our radar. You can bet us and plenty of other Championship clubs will know how he manages, his football philosophy etc. It’s not about disrespecting the current Manager, it’s basic due diligence in an industry where your Manager could bugger off next week or be given the chop in the same period.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Thing is though, don't think City really have a DNA apart from bringing young players through from the academy. So how are we gonna know what manager is best suited to our needs except for what Ive just mentioned.

If you look at Brentford, they have a set way of playing football which passes from one manager to the next. 

2 hours ago, jaydee=inspiration said:

Exactly, so judging by some other comments, the club should be doing it discreetly or outsourcing it to a consultancy.

They could be outsourcing to some extent. As we know they have people studying games, whether they are ours or other teams we are playing, or have an interest or watching players at other clubs. One thing the club is good at is keeping things quiet when they are interested in something/someone. Few know until its been announced on most occasions.

Archived