IGNORED

New City book

The Saturday Boy

31 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I was given a copy of "Behind the Goal", also by Palmer. So full of typos and grammatical errors it was barely readable. Not sure it had ever been proofread or edited. 

He should concentrate on consolidating a first team place before embarking on a literary career, typical Chelsea boy.

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I was given a copy of "Behind the Goal", also by Palmer. So full of typos and grammatical errors it was barely readable. Not sure it had ever been proofread or edited. 

I wouldn't go so far as to say barely readable but I had the same thought about whether it had been proofread/edited. I did wonder though whether part of it was keeping the fans contributions exactly as he received them. 

The OCD grammar/spelling police in me was itching to get the red pen out.

11 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Doesn’t look interesting in the slightest to be fair,be stories we already know 

Bit harsh, of course it looks interesting.  Hearing details of twenty of the favourite matches of some of our recent players would be a good read.  We all know pretty much everything we read on here, especially the trips down memory lane, sure doesn't stop any of us reading it, does it?

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Looks a bit crap if I’m honest.

Never seen a good book about City.

It All Kicked Off In Bristol was an embarrassment.

Just interested, what books have you read, and not liked.
I've read Hunter's, Garland's, Royle's , Tony Collins and Atyeo's biographies. Ashton Gate 100 years , and a few histories. While not works of literary genius , they are enjoyable as they relate to 'my' club , though "Derby day's " isn't great. I regularly dip into the 'Complete history' to check facts. 

5 hours ago, reddogkev said:

Bit harsh, of course it looks interesting.  Hearing details of twenty of the favourite matches of some of our recent players would be a good read.  We all know pretty much everything we read on here, especially the trips down memory lane, sure doesn't stop any of us reading it, does it?

Good point and well made,If I could give my earlier  post a ? i would 

Archived