IGNORED

Houses behind the Atyeo

Kid in the Riot

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Noticed on Tuesday that the one next to the security office (owned by the club) is for sale. 

Think that should finally confirm that the club (or more specifically SL) don't own those houses and also have no serious intention of purchasing them, if they were aggressively pursuing them then they'd have already purchased that house prior to it going to market.

Ends.

There's been others on the market too in the recent past.  Atyeo will eventually be rebuilt but within the confines of the existing area and within all planning constraints.  Imagine the 'bowl; will be completed with the Dolman/Atyeo corner being filled in.  Only gap will be between Atyeo and Lansdown.

Until we get crowde regularly hitting 25,000 it won't happen.  Whu incur a substantial expense for little benefit?

Well I believe there is something funny going on if you look at the house number of each property that has been sold.

Each house between number 54 and 64 was sold once during the period of 2010 and now. The only houses I have seen coming up for resale are past the Atyeo / dolman entrance as in less than 47 (I think).

The most recent one I saw for sale was 39 or something and that section of houses maybe not of immediate interest. Only time will tell.

Should City reach the promised land of the Premier League, whether the crowd was 25k or 30k  would be irrelevant. The big money comes from TV revenue not gate receipts. That’s why SL, who is a shrewd businessman, hasn’t spent tens of millions buying the houses and rebuilding the Atyeo. It would need City to become an established Premier League team, regularly in the top half of the league, for the situation to change

3 hours ago, KeepUpLino said:

The lack of ambition astounds me ?... Why we’ll never go anywhere as a club...

I'm confused, in all seriousness keeping away fans in a shitty stand with lowest standard seating possible is actually a fantastic way to dishearten them. We all know what it is like going to a shit hole and sitting on uncomfortable seats with crappy toilets to use etc it just unsettles travelling fans. 

I'd be more than happy to see that stand remain as it is and build the other three stands up making it seem smaller and less "safe", despite the fact that it would be perfectly safe. 

Creating that intimidating atmosphere is something we don't well enough, I'm more than happy if the future is making away fans less comfortable and more intimidated. 

54 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I doubt we'd be allowed to have 25k season ticket holders as I believe we have to keep a certain percentage of tickets available for potd? Let's say we did however, if you look at the cup games over the past couple of seasons. Bat the two Manchester clubs we've not sold out for any of the others. Now, I know the Cup is a different beast altogether but if we're struggling to get decent attendances against the likes of Huddersfield or Stoke (when they were in the prem last year) I can't see us getting 26k for that sort of side (lower mid tablr/relegation struggler) , never mind a theoretical 30k if we were to go up. 

Would love to be proved wrong though 

Season ticket holders have to pay for cup games, thats the difference. I believe we would sell the max season tickets possible, much more than 20k plus away fans plus POTD would be 30k minimum easy no matter the opposition. Look at Cardiff this season as a prime example, they dont have a bigger fanbase than us. They are getting 32k against the very big teams and 30k against the very small teams. There is really very little difference in attendance due to the concept of season tickets.

In the very least, AG will be sold out every week in the Prem with current capacity (which seems to be less than 25k for some reason) so we need more space imo to grow our audience and to ensure groups can sit together.

9 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Someone tell me as i have never been to a concert there. Is the stage erected at the Park End or in front of the old  East End ?

It'll be at the park end I'd imagine as they'd be able to fit more people in the South stand (old east end) than the other way around

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

It'll be at the park end I'd imagine as they'd be able to fit more people in the South stand (old east end) than the other way around

That’s what you would think. I just don’t know though. If...the stage is the park end then their will be noise problems, but will maximize revenue and minimize the urgency to build there. However if not now or even next year that stand being replaced is inevitable. 

Looking at the Spice Girls seating it is the Park End!

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I doubt we'd be allowed to have 25k season ticket holders as I believe we have to keep a certain percentage of tickets available for potd? Let's say we did however, if you look at the cup games over the past couple of seasons. Bat the two Manchester clubs we've not sold out for any of the others. Now, I know the Cup is a different beast altogether but if we're struggling to get decent attendances against the likes of Huddersfield or Stoke (when they were in the prem last year) I can't see us getting 26k for that sort of side (lower mid tablr/relegation struggler) , never mind a theoretical 30k if we were to go up. 

Would love to be proved wrong though 

you can't compare the attendance of FA cup games with the league, the MAGIC of the cup died years ago. Was surprised the crowds were as good as they were if I'm honest. 

5 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I'm not sure we would get 30k at home to the likes of Bournemouth, Huddersfield and Burnley in all honesty

That lot will all go down soon enough; one is already gone.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I want to buy that house!  Can't afford it though, come on, surely we can all chip in a few thousand and buy the place...

Imagine it, an OTIB house, a City hub, another place to relax before and after games, shooting the shit about all things City related.  Of course, I'll still live there, if you guys don't mind.

I'll stump up the first £500.

I'll have the executive suite at the back with a balcony to the pitch so i can re-start the Matchday thread as it should be! Just teasing Pegs.

4 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

When we were in the top division back in the 70’s, the home fixtures against the top teams eg Liverpool, ManU, Arsenal etc were (probably - the ground was mainly terracing and POTD) always sold out however, during our four season stint there, against the less glamorous teams, eg Norwich, Middlesbrough etc attendance dwindled as the novelty wore off  

I’d expect the same pattern to emerge if we ever got there again ... “No, I’m not going this week, it’s only Bournemouth/Fulham/Norwich”

Still be 25k + for each home match regardless because you buy a season ticket even if you don't turn up. Moreover, the facilities are light years ahead of the old AG and I do not see people getting too bored not to go regardless of opponents.

1 hour ago, eardun said:

More expensive than I was expecting -  £550k. Would have been silly money to buy the whole row so I can see why the club hasn’t considered this. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70047355.html

Great view of the pitch though - click on the street view button!

Well over half a million pounds for a pleasant but ordinary 4 bedroom terraced house in an unremarkable location.

The housing market in this country is utterly ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Well over half a million pounds for a pleasant but ordinary 4 bedroom terraced house in an unremarkable location.

The housing market in this country is utterly ridiculous.

It`ll be a bargain when the area is renamed Ashton Village and the first pop-up breakfast cereal bar and moustache wax shop opens.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`ll be a bargain when the area is renamed Ashton Village and the first pop-up breakfast cereal bar and moustache wax shop opens.

I just don’t understand how the market sustains these prices. My wife and I (plus two kids) are mid-thirties, both in professional jobs with a household income well above the national average yet we could never conceive of buying such a house. Family homes are now unattainable for most families.

13 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I just don’t understand how the market sustains these prices. My wife and I (plus two kids) are mid-thirties, both in professional jobs with a household income well above the national average yet we could never conceive of buying such a house. Family homes are now unattainable for most families.

London mate. I know someone down here (both long serving police officers so a pretty good joint income) who sold a three bed flat over a Spar shop in Wimbledon and they bought (mortgage free) a fully modernised four bed farmhouse in two acres of ground and with fishing rights down here in Devon. They both just transferred from the Met to Devon & Cornwall Police and job`s a good `un.

3 hours ago, JBFC II said:

This is correct. The stage for the summer concerts will be in front of the Atyeo with the artists using the rooms underneath the stand as dressing rooms. There are no plans at all in the foreseeable future or even way ahead to demolish this stand. 

2 hours ago, eardun said:

More expensive than I was expecting -  £550k. Would have been silly money to buy the whole row so I can see why the club hasn’t considered this. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-70047355.html

Great view of the pitch though - click on the street view button!

Was the same house not on the market 2 years ago?

55 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

London mate. I know someone down here (both long serving police officers so a pretty good joint income) who sold a three bed flat over a Spar shop in Wimbledon and they bought (mortgage free) a fully modernised four bed farmhouse in two acres of ground and with fishing rights down here in Devon. They both just transferred from the Met to Devon & Cornwall Police and job`s a good `un.

You’re not wrong. Crazy though. Hopeless for the rest of us too!

10 hours ago, Corshamred said:

I think the other thing you need to ask is if you had as much money as Mr Lansdown why wouldn’t you buy those houses when they came on the market , he has bought plenty of other things around the area.

Then why hasn't he bought it? It is on the market now and he can easily afford to if he wanted...

On 16/03/2019 at 18:25, myol'man said:

Plans are afoot Will, but don't include buying up the terrace

I started a thread about this a while back after hearing a rumour from a couple of bristol bear fans.after speaking to them on Saturday they are still convinced something is happening,unless they were getting mixed up with the. basketball arena

Archived