IGNORED

Houses behind the Atyeo

Kid in the Riot

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Any Directors’ dividends over £2k per year are taxable now aren’t they?

Yep. But at a lower rate.

Neighbour of mine used to keep his income beneath the level to get whatever benefits he could, whilst getting a nice dividend from his limited company.

Everyone hated the bastard for it ?

7 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Its a crap stand and looks completely  outdated and ugly.

If the Atyeo was at the Mem it would however be far and away the best, most modern stand by a long way!

It was hilarious when Holloway was QPR boss - he slagged off the Atyeo Stand when asked about the Ashton Gate redevelopment....even though it’s light years ahead of anything at Loftus Road or his beloved Mem swamp....

42 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was hilarious when Holloway was QPR boss - he slagged off the Atyeo Stand when asked about the Ashton Gate redevelopment....even though it’s light years ahead of anything at Loftus Road or his beloved Mem swamp....

Never forget his gloating in 1990. 

On 19/03/2019 at 16:43, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Yep. But at a lower rate.

Neighbour of mine used to keep his income beneath the level to get whatever benefits he could, whilst getting a nice dividend from his limited company.

Everyone hated the bastard for it ?

IR35 supposedly put a stop to that a few years ago I think or was it more to do with 'disguised employment'?  It's 14 years since I was a IT contractor and the details are getting hazy but I remember that sadly my tax bill suddenly went up considerably. To be fair it's what I should really have been paying all along but many IT people used tax avoidance schemes back then, it was the norm. So I've never been in a position to criticize SL's tax affairs. My accountant's stock phrase was "We'll give it a go".....

On 16/03/2019 at 16:43, Red Right Hand said:

London mate. I know someone down here (both long serving police officers so a pretty good joint income) who sold a three bed flat over a Spar shop in Wimbledon and they bought (mortgage free) a fully modernised four bed farmhouse in two acres of ground and with fishing rights down here in Devon. They both just transferred from the Met to Devon & Cornwall Police and job`s a good `un.

I live in North London, when I was a kid I thought I would never have a house in Clifton. The horrible house I’m in now somehow costs more than a lot of them  ?

On 16/03/2019 at 12:16, Spike said:

I'm confused, in all seriousness keeping away fans in a shitty stand with lowest standard seating possible is actually a fantastic way to dishearten them. We all know what it is like going to a shit hole and sitting on uncomfortable seats with crappy toilets to use etc it just unsettles travelling fans. 

I'd be more than happy to see that stand remain as it is and build the other three stands up making it seem smaller and less "safe", despite the fact that it would be perfectly safe. 

Creating that intimidating atmosphere is something we don't well enough, I'm more than happy if the future is making away fans less comfortable and more intimidated. 

I seem to remember the East End being much louder than the South Stand. And the East End was awful (aesthetically) compared to the Atyeo. 

I don't need clean toilets and £4 pasty outlet to make me sing. 

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

I seem to remember the East End being much louder than the South Stand. And the East End was awful (aesthetically) compared to the Atyeo. 

If we're talking in modern times, because comparing when it was all standing etc isn't so valid IMO.

Great acoustics in the East End- low roof, amongst other things undoubtedly helped with this. 

Definitely something in what you say though.

4 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

Yep! ankle deep in p*** ,a 50p bovril and good old sing song,happy days.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

If we're talking in modern times, because comparing when it was all standing etc isn't so valid IMO.

Great acoustics in the East End- low roof, amongst other things undoubtedly helped with this. 

Definitely something in what you say though.

Even around 2007/8/9 (with East End seats) some atmospheres were electric. My ears fizzed. 

1 hour ago, CotswoldRed said:

Even around 2007/8/9 (with East End seats) some atmospheres were electric. My ears fizzed. 

Lot of reasons IMO. I went in there once, in 08/09 as part of overspill- thought it was great, wish I'd got a season ticket there.

Standing allowed, low roof, like minded fans, proximity to away fans, spiritual home reopened after a long campaign- all helps.

Archived