IGNORED

Shef Utd away

Der no.2

9 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

And you don't agree he was horrendous, if so, your one person out of thousands of city fans that night that thought he didn't have a bad debut, 

I thought his handling / saving in general was ok (as in average).  He mis-punched a high ball in the wind, and made a very good save to his left in the second half.

His distribution with his hands was quick and sent Hunt away on the break a couple of times.  He sent Paterson away on another occasion with a good, accurate throw.  Pato tried to turn on a sixpence and lost it.

His kicking was effin’ awful though, apart from one driven pass early on to Kelly.  Kicking / distribution is key in today’s game and there was almost a couple of horror moments.

4 hours ago, Sturny said:

Fans always do this on debuts though. Look at the over hype surrounding Palmer after his debut. He hasn't done a great deal since

His was very good in the FAC v Bolton, when he started, too.

Going to get spanked by sheff Utd.

hate to sound negative but our keeper is terrible, we have lost our identity and drive and despite having a bigger squad, still appear burnt out. We can barely score, and now, we can stop conceding.

sheff Utd, have a way of playing and stick to it. They work hard for each other, are more determined to go up and have quality to score goals.

it all points to a big win for sheff Utd and further misery towards the end of our season...

but it's okay, we have two games in hand to catch up.....

13 hours ago, BOSRed said:

hate to sound negative but our keeper is terrible, we have lost our identity and drive and despite having a bigger squad, still appear burnt out. We can barely score, and now, we can stop conceding.

sheff Utd, have a way of playing and stick to it. They work hard for each other, are more determined to go up and have quality to score goals.

it all points to a big win for sheff Utd and further misery towards the end of our season...

I fear that you are right but then again this is football and anything can happen, which is why supporters all over the world follow the game.

It really is the hope that kills.

14 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Yeh, Two games in hand, but we've got to win them first, under our present form I don't think so, hope I'm wrong

Can't see it going well.

Tough enough at the best of times, let alone when we're in losing form and them in such good form...still we can turn up when unexpected and v big sides at that- the international break has come at a good time for us.

@BOSRed

They do...and they don't. In general they play with the back 3, almost always the back 3. However subtle variations within that framework lately- and these augur less well for us than even if they were attacking each week. Few recent examples.

• Vs Reading at home they win 4-0...but less possession, v a lowly side at that- at home- shock horror. Bit of a break from the Sheffield United way.
  • WBA away, win 1-0- better footballing side first half, 2nd half more counterattacking. Not entirely what we'd associate with the Sheffield United style but more so given WBA away.
  • Brentford home- 1-0 up yes and probably a fairly even game, but then down to 10 after 35 mins, Madine straight red. He'll possibly be out vs us which could help.Obviously they dropped back after this- but looking at their match report they made an unusual substitution- after a defender for an attacking mid and McGoldrick for Hogan at HT- he can perhaps hold the ball better, they took off RB/RWB Baldock...for Billy Sharp after an hour despite being under huge pressure with 10 men v Brentford. They had 18% possession and 19 shots conceded 2nd half, and woodwork hit- only 2 shots plus woodwork near the goal though probably, Sharp coming on helped them get up the pitch. They win 2-0, not the Sheffield United way that we'd associated with them.
  • Leeds away- Happy to concede possession and play a cagier game, to play on the break- not what we would associate with the Sheffield United way. Actually looked a very tight game based on highlights, EFL Quest- only one shot on target for them and zero for Leeds.

So if anything, they have got better, improved tactically over the last year and a half and have developed more layers to their game- or more likely Wilder has implemented these tweaks over time- so it'll be even harder!

On 18/03/2019 at 10:06, Red7 said:

Yes, Max did an exceptional job when he stepped up to the plate in the game at Brentford. He may have had the odd 'moment' since, but nothing overly alarming, in my book.

Thought he was tidy against Leeds 

2 hours ago, shelts said:

Thought he was tidy against Leeds 

Largely agree with you , but where I was sat v Leeds in south stand , thought he caused a bit of confusion with our two defenders , they both looked at him expecting him to come out and claim , but other than that looked tidy at Brentford and when called upon.   Good handling , distribution,  good to see our young uns in the first team 

11 hours ago, MattWSM said:

What is the allocation pls

Think I went there is 2006 nd we had 3k. Was that right? In the play off sesson

That was 07/08 season, we had just under 3k. Can't get that much any more I don't think (not that we'd sell it...) 

Spoke to a Sheffield Wednesday fan I know and a mate that is at uni in Sheffield and they both recommended West Street for drinking if any of you are in Sheffield early enough before the game.

It's about a 10 minute walk from the station and a 10 minute walk to Bramall Lane, SYP can be a tad heavy handed with football fans at the station apparently (who knew?) so if you're in a big group probably best to split and meet outside.

There are pubs nearer the ground as well but no guarantee they let away fans in so not going to chance it.

Looking forward to this one :)

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 09:38, BessexRED said:

SYP can be a tad heavy handed with football fans at the station apparently (who knew?) so if you're in a big group probably best to split and meet outside.

Wise words indeed. Up there with West Mids police for not handling things very well.

2 hours ago, phantom said:

An informative guide provided by Sheffield Utd

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/media/36860/visitors-guide-18-19.pdf

For anyone tempted it has been confirmed as POTD (with a £2 increase in price)

image.png

I lived in Sheffield for a while, and The Howard is a pretty reasonable drinker. It was always the "go to" pub to meet at when we were out on the town somewhere. I actually lived near The Blades ground when I was there and wouldn't care to wear away colours on matchday in any of 'em (especially if the away club was Leeds)

Archived