IGNORED

Football cliches and modern terms that really bug you...

WhistleHappy

6 minutes ago, mozo said:

"Asking Questions"

I hate it!!!

Attackers are ALWAYS asking questions of the defence. 

Really? Well what are these questions and what were the bloody answers?!

Billy Sharp to Mr. Jansson today

"This meaning of life stuff,  any ideas Pontus? What is it all about, or are we both just too intelligent to be just footballers?

49 minutes ago, Leaning To One Side said:

Couldn't agree more Wade, for some reason this expression really does get on my f*cking t*ts :gaah:

Every ******* player uses it with those PR bullshit tweets. Speak like a normal person or don’t say anything, no one is finishing a game going “ooo, hope the boys tweet about this one” 

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Been around for years but I hate  `At the helm`.

Whoever it`s about is managing a football team not piloting a supertanker through the Suez Canal.

Nice one RRH.

in a similar way, reference being made to a “titanic” struggle for one of the teams playing in a match.

WTF has a ship that hit an iceberg and sank, got to do with a football match ?!

4 hours ago, Bainsey said:

'Between the lines' 

'Into the channel'

'Into the corridor of uncertainty'

Don't think I have ever heard "Into the corridor of uncertainty".Are you possibly confusing this with the time you holidayed in Thailand?

4 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

That's a penalty/free kick, whatever it is, "all day long".

Plus the use of "Redknapp" cockney, which is often used even by pundits and managers who are otherwise quite articulate (Glen Hoddle and a bright young English "Head Coach" plying his trade not a million miles from Ashton Gate!) Example:- "I thought we was poor in the 1st half, but if you was to ask me, I'd say we was deserving of a point"  

A few also say “....against them teams...” or “.....them games are difficult” - utter shite use of our language! 

2 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

The park...

That's where I take the grandchildren when they're doing Mrs Bruce's head in!

Given your forum username, I’d have thought you’d have known that term justifiably emanates from North of the border due to the vast majority of their stadia having the suffix ‘Park’....

Archived