IGNORED

2 from 7

Tinmans Love Child

Crazy how it’s opened up now for playoffs, with 8/9/10 to play its any 2 from 7, Villa and Preston are flying currently, us and Middlesborough are slumping, but it’s going to be very interesting, and we play a huge part as we still have to play Middlesborough, Villa and Derby.  If we are to have any chance at all we need to win the 2 games in hand, and hope we don’t lose to Middlesborough or Villa, if we can win those 2 games however we have a great chance.  But we will need a huge turn in fortunes for that to happen!

9F226307-092E-4923-8024-12A3531D0F9B.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Crazy how it’s opened up now for playoffs, with 8/9/10 to play its any 2 from 7, Villa and Preston are flying currently, us and Middlesborough are slumping, but it’s going to be very interesting, and we play a huge part as we still have to play Middlesborough, Villa and Derby.  If we are to have any chance at all we need to win the 2 games in hand, and hope we keep up!

This is the way I`m looking at it. Maybe add one or both of Hull & Brum too!

Edit; If you`re being really pessimistic, Brentford & Swansea as they both have games in hand. If Swansea won the two they have they`d have 53 points!

It`s madness.

Mind you, look at the bottom of League 1 - three points cover 12th down to 21st!

9 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Crazy how it’s opened up now for playoffs, with 8/9/10 to play its any 2 from 7, Villa and Preston are flying currently, us and Middlesborough are slumping, but it’s going to be very interesting, and we play a huge part as we still have to play Middlesborough, Villa and Derby.  If we are to have any chance at all we need to win the 2 games in hand, and hope we don’t lose to Middlesborough or Villa, if we can win those 2 games however we have a great chance.  But we will need a huge turn in fortunes for that to happen!

Head says apart from Reading and Wigan then we will struggle to pick any points from our remaining games,heart says your head is right 

5 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Head says apart from Reading and Wigan then we will struggle to pick any points from our remaining games,heart says your head is right 

But we were nailed on for a home win against Ipswich as well.

Wednesday on a run too, but that minus GD is like a point less.  Our GD over Derby helpful if it is indeed both of us challenging.

But all three of Boro, us and Derby trending down....break came at the right time for us, if there is anything in that.

LJ needs to instill that we are in a good position, and that’s after a bad run, so just need to get back to where we were.

If he comes back from the break and goes “shit or bust” I wouldn’t blame him, but perhaps let’s go solid v Sheffield Utd and Boro first.  Think we’d bite your hand off for two draws.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wednesday on a run too, but that minus GD is like a point less.  Our GD over Derby helpful if it is indeed both of us challenging.

But all three of Boro, us and Derby trending down....break came at the right time for us, if there is anything in that.

LJ needs to instill that we are in a good position, and that’s after a bad run, so just need to get back to where we were.

If he comes back from the break and goes “shit or bust” I wouldn’t blame him, but perhaps let’s go solid v Sheffield Utd and Boro first.  Think we’d bite your hand off for two draws.

Totally agree about lee should say it’s shit or bust but we have never seen this while he’s been in charge 

12 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

This is City. We`ll draw at Blades, win at Boro and lose at home to Wigan.

Which would be better for us than drawing at Sheffield, losing to Boro & bearing Wigan, so let’s hope you are right..!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It`s the old dilemma though isn`t it? We`d be better off losing one and winning the other. My view would be to go for it in both - if we lose, we lose but let`s at least give it a go.

BREAKING NEWS: Football results in final 10 games of season don’t always go with the form book - Shocker..! 

Anyone would think that this is the first time most of you had followed a football season..! 

If you can’t deal with “surprise” results, then you are probably following the wrong sport. 

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Who drew with ‘ fancied ‘ Forest today. 

No easy games in the Championship .

Ipswich have had 1-1 draws with West Brom, City & Forest this week. 

Probably a little easier once you are all but down, to relax and try to play, but it demonstrates perfectly that anyone think we have a divine right to beat any team is just a bit of a moron..!

We’ve got to go to Sheff United next..

I’ve already written that off. They haven’t conceded a single goal in their last seven games. 

Might be a good time to play Boro in the next couple weeks as they seem to be falling a bit. Other than that though, I can’t offer anymore positivity.

Hopefully this mini break might be a blessing. Certainly need to show character now and make ourselves known!

There has been far too many passengers the last few games. 

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The break could, with luck , for once come at a good time for us. Those on good runs won't have wanted this gap, while we could really do with getting some energy and confidence back into the team. Very tough game to come back to action with, but then , get something and it could really set us up for a good run in. 

I personally think LJ has to come up with something different . Whether that be formation , line up or whatever. The current formation has been good away , but I don't think even that will be good enough. I do think he will probably stick with the same players, and probably the same formation for the Sheff U game, I have a feeling he will be very cautious going into the game , but we desperately  need to find more of a threat for the final part of the season.

27 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

We’ve got to go to Sheff United next..

I’ve already written that off. They haven’t conceded a single goal in their last seven games. 

They might though if we play our Kiwi keeper up front, all we need to do is get him on the end of a cross to feet from three or four yards out.. One touch and boom it'll be in the back of the net before he knows what's hit him!!!

We need to play to our strengths!  ;) 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

The break could, with luck , for once come at a good time for us. Those on good runs won't have wanted this gap, while we could really do with getting some energy and confidence back into the team. Very tough game to come back to action with, but then , get something and it could really set us up for a good run in. 

I personally think LJ has to come up with something different . Whether that be formation , line up or whatever. The current formation has been good away , but I don't think even that will be good enough. I do think he will probably stick with the same players, and probably the same formation for the Sheff U game, I have a feeling he will be very cautious going into the game , but we desperately  need to find more of a threat for the final part of the season.

He is, hes been scouting round for more experienced players and here's the squad v Sheff Utd. He realises he's been wasting his time on youth and goes back to the tried and trusted formula of his dad ! ( All are on loan mind and out of contract)

lees new team.jpe

2 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

Seriously guys do you really think we’ve even got half a chance of the play offs? I’ll be happy to bet with any man who thinks we have half a chance... we haven’t the resources or the management to achieve it.. get over it!!!

Come on, as a football fan you surely go into every game thinking , if we can just ......
I've said before , I don't think we will make it. I still look at the games and think , if we can get something at Sheffield, and get some form back , and I think we are capable of beating M'boro , etc etc. 

2 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Merson said this afternoon on sky sports that games in hand mean little at this stage of the season and it’s better to have points in the board. Games in hand at this stage are just added pressure to each one we play.

Depends. Games in hand for Norwich, Sheff Utd, Villa: could mean something. Games in hand for teams on winless runs with no goals in them, nd a keeper crisis, not meaning so much.

9 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Come on, as a football fan you surely go into every game thinking , if we can just ......
I've said before , I don't think we will make it. I still look at the games and think , if we can get something at Sheffield, and get some form back , and I think we are capable of beating M'boro , etc etc. 

After the last few performances NO!!!

Archived