IGNORED

League position

Robin Wood

I don’t think we can worry too much what others are doing, although of course it it hard to resist checking. But if we can’t do it ourselves, where we should be looking to win most games at home and pick up at least a point away on average, then we don’t deserve to be in the mix. We can’t have the attitude that we hope a point in our next game will be acceptable as we hope Team X will lose. 

We need to find some form and upward momentum, we will get what we deserve this season. I don’t think we have got enough in the tank to make the playoffs personally, but if we do we really got to be on our game as there is no room for any error is there. 

7 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

As well as we have done - selling three players and all that - we're below Preston again (I believe they have sold some players too). No offence, Preston (and so, here is something offensive to Preston), but if we are below Preston, there's things we could be doing better.

I agree they buy league 1 and 2 players and they have managed to compete with the big boys fair play to them 

2 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

It’s all about how long this streak lasts - 2 more games and I think we are done for. If LJ can finally turn it around quickly then we could well be in the POs. 

Cant see it myself but you never know. 

Yeah lose to Blades and really we will need to beat Boro to stay in touch. Fortunately Boro are also having a major wobble!

2 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I think we'll finish around 10-12 and @Robbored will come on here and admit I was right and him wrong in December.

Sad but true

I predicted 10th at beginning of season after loss of Bryan, Flint and Reid. Don't think I will be far off the mark to be honest as we have not got a settled team as we did in AD's era which fought us out of the old Division Two. Too many loanees and not enough concentration on getting a settled and positive team, week in and week out.

One positive really is that Middlesbrough have been well and truly dragged back into it so its not just fighting over 1 place, having said that something drastic is going to have to happen with our form for it to matter.

Pretty much convinced that we will finish lower than we did last season. Given the fixtures and current form we will struggle to pick up many points. Not going to waste time with the reasons we all know what they are. Have we made progress on last season? No. Prepare for more chopping and changing in the summer and blinkered optimism. 

24 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

Pretty much convinced that we will finish lower than we did last season. Given the fixtures and current form we will struggle to pick up many points. Not going to waste time with the reasons we all know what they are. Have we made progress on last season? No. Prepare for more chopping and changing in the summer and blinkered optimism. 

agree, predict lower highest position and a lower finishing position; = regressed this season (waits for the we lost our best 3 players so it aint bad)

YStill a way to go. The way we play I’d be more worried if we were the team sitting in fifth (top four out of reach). We never seem to play well when we are looking over our shoulder. Make us the underdog with teams in front of us... that’s when we start performing.  Hope the boys can look at the table and see the self proclaimed big boys ahead of us get the same dogged mentality and good performances we put together on our run.   Performances against Sheffield u and boro will show if I’m right... but then the hard work is to not stop peddling and coast into the Wigan game.  Exciting times... and despite comments above lj, pato, Famara will all have big roles to play.. so let’s get behind them COYR

On 16/03/2019 at 20:21, Pippintogg said:

That's all...

9 hours ago, 1bristolcity said:

That's all...

Do you bet on winners after the race by any chance? ...there can be no doubt for 2 seasons we have had in our own hands great chances to make a real challenge to go up a div, we dropped both of them at the same time of the season, failing to invest at critical times.

Time will tell if we have learnt anything from those seasons or if we are content to carry on being just a "nearly" club lacking the killer blow.

42 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

Do you bet on winners after the race by any chance? ...there can be no doubt for 2 seasons we have had in our own hands great chances to make a real challenge to go up a div, we dropped both of them at the same time of the season, failing to invest at critical times.

Time will tell if we have learnt anything from those seasons or if we are content to carry on being just a "nearly" club lacking the killer blow.

So now that you were proved wrong about finishing in a lower position with fewer points, you're shifting the goalposts in order to continue to be terminally miserable about everything connected with the club.

7 hours ago, Bri Stool City said:

January 2019- Agreed.

January 2018- Our reasons for lack of investment very well documented.

Should we invest and invest well this summer- as well as holding onto key assets from hereon in? Absolutely! I'm still dismayed about Kelly sale but if it is reinvested and reinvested well- i.e. yes a big signing but also good quality loans and frees which will cost on wages but not fees as opposed to several big fee signings just because we can and it looks good- then it could help us.

Archived