IGNORED

Eros Pisano interview & contract

The Exiled Robin

I spotted this exclusive interview with Eros Pisano by an Italian Journalist for www.JuveNews.eu and asked him to translate it for me. He kindly has, and here is the result.

Pisano (briefly) discusses his time at City, his contract situation and hopes for the rest of the season, as well as a view on Juventus ahead of their match at his former club, Genoa

https://theexiledrobin.org/2019/03/eros-pisano-life-in-bristol-the-play-offs-and-juventus/

13 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

I wonder how many games hes started in two years?

Cant be many, but agree he has looked good this year.

I agree he has looked good  this season but I think @JonDolman has hit the nail on the head, Vyner and Hunt will fight it out for RB next season, unless Zak attracts an offer we would be willing to accept.

I think that the fact that Pisano doesn’t know if he’s going to be offered a new contract or not indicates that he will 

a) not be offered one or 

b) be offered reduced terms 

either way I don’t believe he will be at Ashton Gate next season.

A great bloke , a good player but sadly I don’t think his body can take the rigours of a Championship season .

If he had signed five years ago things could have been different.

We are constantly told by LJ that ZV is a CB.

I think Eros’s time here will depend on where we finish up.  Him and Hunt as a pair of RB’s coupled with his versatility, we could do a lot worse.  They can share minutes and avoid us needing to pay another fee for a player having shelled out £1.5m for Hunt.

Of course if we could do a deal to get Reece James then I would think differently.

Having been quite bullish about Taylor Moore, i’m starting to think differently, and not based on ability, but I don’t think either him or ZV will make it here as CBs.

57 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think Eros’s time here will depend on where we finish up.  Him and Hunt as a pair of RB’s coupled with his versatility, we could do a lot worse.  They can share minutes and avoid us needing to pay another fee for a player having shelled out £1.5m for Hunt.

Of course if we could do a deal to get Reece James then I would think differently.

Having been quite bullish about Taylor Moore, i’m starting to think differently, and not based on ability, but I don’t think either him or ZV will make it here as CBs.

Totally agree on all your points Dave.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I really think both Moore and Vyner can make it a top end Championship level. Moore especially.  Really like what I have seen so far but he isn’t a right back. 

28 minutes ago, RedDave said:

I really think both Moore and Vyner can make it a top end Championship level. Moore especially.  Really like what I have seen so far but he isn’t a right back. 

Neither are RBs.

I’ve been a strong backer of Moore, but the couple of times I’ve seen him this season, i don’t think he’s progressed as far as I'd hoped.  Of course it would help seeing him most weeks because he has generally been getting decent reviews.

If I was to compare him to a former City player at a similar age in Lg1 (Derrick Williams), I would be backing Williams to make it at the level above every day.  I accept they are different CBs though, just comparing development.  

I think City have progressed as a club, from Champ newcomers to established and are trying to become regular top 10 / playoff challengers.  I fear City have left both Vyner and Moore behind.

Would be delighted to be wrong.

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Neither are RBs.

I’ve been a strong backer of Moore, but the couple of times I’ve seen him this season, i don’t think he’s progressed as far as I'd hoped.  Of course it would help seeing him most weeks because he has generally been getting decent reviews.I

Is he even a regular starter at Southend Now ? On bench yesterday, and he, like Vyner is a CB not RB ?  At 21 if they are going to make it should it not be plain for all to see. When you say young players I view players  as being young at 18 and 19 not into 20's.

20 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I'd be surprised if Vyner didn't make it as a good championship centre back.

Is that at City?  What do you deem “good Champ CB”?  Playing most weeks in a top 8, middle 8 or bottom 8 side?

He played very well at 20 in league one. At 21 he seems to now be playing well in his less natural position at right back. He's only going to get better.

The Millers view has not been massively complimentary of late, and he’s not featured much recently. Again, could you see him playing RB for us ahead of Hunt.  I can’t.  As a CB, I can’t see him being physical enough.  Be great if he does make it though.  And he has time...only 22 in May.

Moore still has every chance too imo. He is also only 21. Bit weird he was dropped when apparently he's been class all season.

He has had a lot of good reviews, but dropped off a bit since Xmas.  Some of that co-incided with Michael Turner missing, I would expect him to take bull by the horns.

Apparently LJ was going to give him a go this season before that injury changed plans.

Was going to keep him here, how much of a chance we can only guess.

Back to Eros. I just wonder is that QPR performance at centre back a true reflection of his ability in that position. If that's how well he can play there on a consistent basis then we may have missed a trick there.

Think he’s a good player.  Unfortunate with injury last year, has played well in the main this season, and unfairly “rotated” at times.

Both Vyner and Moore have time on their sides.  At 22, Flint was playing for Swindon...albeit a different type of CB to both.

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

Is he even a regular starter at Southend Now ? On bench yesterday, and he, like Vyner is a CB not RB ?  At 21 if they are going to make it should it not be plain for all to see. When you say young players I view players  as being young at 18 and 19 not into 20's.

Think ages for CBs to breakthrough and all players for that matter has gone up a bit because of the physicality of all levels.

27 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

The last 3 games Rotherham fans have been very complimentary about Vyner's performances. I guess we will have to wait and see in the next few years how good he becomes. He is progressing nicely though from 2017 in league two to rave reviews in league one, to finally playing well out of position in championship. Keep improving at that rate up to his prime and he could be some player.

Ta... that’s good to know.  Have Rotherham fans mellowed on the back of a couple of wins?

You’re probably right, he probably has 2-3 seasons (up til he’s 25) to “break through”.  I can’t see City waiting that long, but probably heavily dependent on what happens with Kalas, Baker and Wright.  Re Wright, he’s club captain, but we took the year option on him suggesting one or both parties not committed to a longer deal at this point...perhaps waiting to see which division we’re in.

I guess too many factors to know what will happen to Zak.  Maybe a year loan at CB in the Champ?  We have a young group of CBs in the grand scheme of things.

On 17/03/2019 at 07:57, Carey 6 said:

When Pisano has played this season i’ve thought he’s looked quite good. 

It gets mentioned a lot, but I haven’t ever actually checked, dont we have an amazing record whenever he starts for us? 

I know at one point we'd won all 5 or 6 games he'd started away from home!

Archived