IGNORED

The best bits.

Slacker

Piggybacking on from the "Cliches" thread,what are your favourite bits about football?I don't mean certain results,just the little things that make you smile to yourself.Just a few of mine to start off,

An outfield player going in goal when a goalie gets injured or sent off,letting in a really soft goal and then bursting into fits of laughter knowing he should have saved it.(Lee Peacock springs to mind).

Over elaborate free kick routines which must take ages to practice on the training pitch,involve half the team,take forever to organise,then still hit the corner flag.

Players who injure themselves doing somersaults after scoring then having to go off injured.

And probably my favourite.International players that have at best been average or worse,playing a handful of mediocre games for their country but not selected for about ten years and never going to be again,suddenly announcing their international retirement to the media,even though everybody had entirely forgotten about them.

Away teams at Ashton Gate slowing everything down, feigning injury and wasting time when they’re a goal up - then suddenly being full of energy and in a hurry when City have come back and they’re a goal down.

Missng a goal and then running back in to see what happened.

Keepers coming up for corners with an outfield player dropping back a bit to cover.

Archived