IGNORED

Worth sharing...

spudski

...I came across this whilst drinking my morning coffee.

Not something I was ever expecting to find tbh...but put a smile on my face, especially as it was randomly made by an enthusiastic Italian.

The is a very healthy and active Subbuteo stadium building community...much of which based on old English football stadiums, mainly made by Italians. Weird...I know :laugh:

Apparently the 'main stand' is a nod to our 1964 North stand.

Made me smile and might bring back some memories for the older supporters ?

bcfc.jpg

33 minutes ago, spudski said:

Not something I was ever expecting to find tbh...but put a smile on my face, especially as it was randomly made by an enthusiastic Italian.

The is a very healthy and active Subbuteo stadium building community...much of which based on old English football stadiums, mainly made by Italians. Weird...I know :laugh:

bcfc.jpg

Rovers can only dream of having a ground like this! ?

Is the year correct though, as I can’t remember seeing that stand, unless it came down 64/65?

1 hour ago, spudski said:

As the East End is now the South Stand , that could make either the old Open End / Atyeo or, more likely  the Dolman side the North Stand.
The old pre Dolman stand below.

IMG_0002-1.jpg

1 hour ago, spudski said:

bcfc.jpg

Have we ever had a stand like that at the North end of our stadium Spud? That would be where the Atyeo is now?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Have we ever had a stand like that at the North end of our stadium Spud? That would be where the Atyeo is now?

Reckon it’s the old cow shed stand where the Dolman now is. My first recollection of that side, was that the stand had already been demolished, which was 1966.

3 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No, it's always been open uncovered terracing until the Atyeo was constructed. 

The other stand in the model does somewhat resemble the old wooden "No2" stand that once stood where the Dolman is now. That stand was demolished in (I think) 1965 or 66 - certainly it had gone when I started going in 66-67 season. The terrace in front of the stand remained though......interestingly this side had no separate entrance or turnstiles , you just entered via the open or covered end and walked onto that side. Many fans changed ends at half time back then so you were always behind the end City were attacking.

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

The other stand in the model does somewhat resemble the old wooden "No2" stand that once stood where the Dolman is now. That stand was demolished in (I think) 1965 or 66 - certainly it had gone when I started going in 66-67 season. The terrace in front of the stand remained though......interestingly this side had no separate entrance or turnstiles , you just entered via the open or covered end and walked onto that side. Many fans changed ends at half time back then so you were always behind the end City were attacking.

Cheers!

On 17/03/2019 at 19:46, archie andrews said:

wtf was goin on with Northampton old ground.....was the pitch on stilts or sommat?

I went to Northampton back in the eighties . It was part of northants cricket club . On one side just advertising boards with the square behind it. We were in a scaffold stand on the near side . Lost 1-0 I think 

On 17/03/2019 at 14:25, CodeRed said:

The Boys Enclosure, note not Boys and Girls, was in front of the old stand at the Covered End. If it wasn't raining, I stood there as I preferred a side of pitch view.

Thus I can definitely assure everyone, that the Geoff Bradford goal in the 1958 FA Cup 5the round, WAS DEFINITELY OFFSIDE.

I met Geoff in Supporters Club on day Atyeo stand was officially opened. I said "Yes you were" and he replied " No I wasn't, look at the history books!" with a big smile.

I also stood there for cup tie against Blackpool when Thresher shut Stan Matthews out of the game.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:48, steviestevieneville said:

I went to Northampton back in the eighties . It was part of northants cricket club . On one side just advertising boards with the square behind it. We were in a scaffold stand on the near side . Lost 1-0 I think 

It was. Part of the reason the pitch was so hard early season was that the cricket club used it for a car park I think. I`m pretty sure Northampton couldn`t play any Saturday home games until the cricket season finished either.

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 07:48, steviestevieneville said:

Yeah I went there with my dad in the early nineties. I think we lost 2-0 that day. I agree about the old ground, very weird atmosphere with only 3 sides!

gettyimages-78964226-612x612.jpg

Archived