IGNORED

Worse than David James v Watford?

Lrrr

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Millwall keeper 95th minute, seconds from Wembley, deflects an ball into the box into his goal, if he left the ball looked like it was going wide.

Just watched the "highlights" of this on the BBC site.  I do wonder on occasions like this if players betting habits are investigated....

That "save" is simply unbelievable.

NB: He may just be an awful goalie who regularly lets slippy balls through his hands.

2 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Just watched the "highlights" of this on the BBC site.  I do wonder on occasions like this if players betting habits are investigated....

NB: He may just be an awful goalie who regularly lets slippy balls through his hands.

Wonder how many championship teams will pepper the box next few games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Martin_(footballer,_born_1986)

On the 17th May 2019 in the FA cup clash vs Brighton Martin made an absolute howler in the last seconds of the game to allow Brighton to equalise, pundits have said this is the absolute worse error in footballing history and this will definitely cost him his career in football.[23]

Wonderful world of Wiki ...

21 minutes ago, hodge said:

Wonder how many championship teams will pepper the box next few games

Millwall have seven games in April with ours being the last one.   I wouldn't be surprised if they are in the bottom 3 by then with some tough games for them.

Think he may have lost his bearings and thought the post was further behind him, expecting the ball to go wide or over. But he changed his opinion as the ball swung in and ended up flapping. Shame, but the keeper's job is to keep the ball out of the net.

30 minutes ago, Chivs said:

Or he just made a mistake..!

Although a terrible piece of goalkeeping (from whatever perspective/opinion you look at it from), the red card for me, just sums that club up in a nutshell. Nothing accidental about that at all, and his reaction to being shown the card was just laughable. 

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Although a terrible piece of goalkeeping (from whatever perspective/opinion you look at it from), the red card for me, just sums that club up in a nutshell. Nothing accidental about that at all, and his reaction to being shown the card was just laughable. 

That incident was pretty disgusting. Justice served all round yesterday 

Archived