IGNORED

O’Dowda Injured

Silvio Dante

4 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

He has been off form in recent weeks but hopefully he's back at Sheff Utd and 'Boro where he's played well in recent seasons.

Reckon he has signed a deal to leave us in the summer and it’s just waiting for the start of the window to be made official...

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I think you can sign for other clubs outside of the window but nothing official can be confirmed until the window starts. 

Im prepared to be corrected on that though...

Theoretically anything can be agreed, but technically he’s under contract til summer 2020.

Its a bit different to the pre-contract stuff the likes of Lewandowski have signed...and even those aren’t legally binding.  There’s a bit on wiki re a Scottish Free-agent who got out of his pre-contract.

Personally I think he’ll be off....but I don’t think we’ll get as much as some people think, less so when we give Oxford some of it!

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Theoretically anything can be agreed, but technically he’s under contract til summer 2020.

Its a bit different to the pre-contract stuff the likes of Lewandowski have signed...and even those aren’t legally binding.  There’s a bit on wiki re a Scottish Free-agent who got out of his pre-contract.

Personally I think he’ll be off....but I don’t think we’ll get as much as some people think, less so when we give Oxford some of it!

I think if we can get 3-4 million for himthat would be good business. The guy sat behind me said we shouldn’t let him go for anything under 8 mill, can’t see it being anywhere near that to be honest...

Looking at his recent performances I really wouldn’t be surprised if he was off in the summer, he doesn’t look bothered most of the time which is a shame

The issues is always two fold. 

1 Contract

2 Registration

You can have a contract with one club but if you are registered with another then they are the only club you can play for. Think loanees 

COD is contracted and registered with us as such he could only possibly have signed an agreement of any kind with anyone else If the club has agreed a sale at the end of the season

Odowda s fee to us will be on the basis of he has a year to run and this typically means his value has lessoned marginally Per Joe Bryan say, who was prepared to run out his contract. However this is a dangerous game as a major injury could see a player run out his contract but still be unfit thus not getting paid. 

10 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

You mean he’s signed for Leeds ?

This forum is quality. Full of conspiracy theorists. It was clear to see Callum limping in the last few minutes against Ipswich. But no, he doesn't want to be here, has signed a deal with Leeds United and is clearly dodging game time in Ireland. I know there's not much to grump about at the moment but get a grip lads

29 minutes ago, Kevin Brady said:

This forum is quality. Full of conspiracy theorists. It was clear to see Callum limping in the last few minutes against Ipswich. But no, he doesn't want to be here, has signed a deal with Leeds United and is clearly dodging game time in Ireland. I know there's not much to grump about at the moment but get a grip lads

Have you seen the effort he's put into the last few games since Norwich? 

It looks like somebody who knows they're leaving and so can't be bothered to turn up

28 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Have you seen the effort he's put into the last few games since Norwich? 

It looks like somebody who knows they're leaving and so can't be bothered to turn up

get a grip man!

Did you not see the 75 minutes Vs Ipswich when he wasn't even on the pitch - dire. I guess that starting 11 know they are leaving and couldn't be bothered to turn up?.

2 hours ago, Kevin Brady said:

Someone who’s had a sense of humour bypass.

1 hour ago, Kevin Brady said:

get a grip man!

Did you not see the 75 minutes Vs Ipswich when he wasn't even on the pitch - dire. I guess that starting 11 know they are leaving and couldn't be bothered to turn up?.

There's a difference between not playing well and not being bothered. 

His work rate recently has been really poor. He rarely tracks back or makes any effort to do so and is wasteful on the ball. 

Players may have a bad game but I at least expect some effort, and he's shown very little as of late

13 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I think if we can get 3-4 million for himthat would be good business. The guy sat behind me said we shouldn’t let him go for anything under 8 mill, can’t see it being anywhere near that to be honest...

Looking at his recent performances I really wouldn’t be surprised if he was off in the summer, he doesn’t look bothered most of the time which is a shame

I think the bloke sat behind you may enjoy a few too many ciders before a game!

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I think the bloke sat behind you may enjoy a few too many ciders before a game!

He is the same bloke who said he's never seen us win playing 3-5-2 earlier on this season and also berated LJ for not picking korey Smith a couple of months ago... 

4 hours ago, Kevin Brady said:

Well, why was he wearing a go-pro during training running up to the Leeds game? 

29 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Good luck to him if he can get a contract with Leeds. I've not seen enough consistent quality to say he'd get anywhere their first team on a regular basis. Certainly not if they go up. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see Forest go in for him, especially with Martin O Neill and Roy Keane connection with ROI.

20 hours ago, JBFC II said:

3/4 if we are lucky, he has lived in the same apartment since his arrival not committing any future so I would exspect him to depart in the summer where as Brownhill has bought a new pad and settled with his Mrs. As already mentioned it will be a massive summer on all fronts on so many different levels.

Archived