IGNORED

Messi

Stortz

Is it just me or is there a bit of an overreaction to this?! He chipped the keeper from the edge of the area....zillions of other players have done that! Not saying he isn’t a superb footballer though.....how many hatricks is that now? Is it well over 40 for club and country? Or did I dream that?! What a player, but I saw Lee Trundle score a goal like that one in the OP....

28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is it just me or is there a bit of an overreaction to this?! He chipped the keeper from the edge of the area....zillions of other players have done that! Not saying he isn’t a superb footballer though.....how many hatricks is that now? Is it well over 40 for club and country? Or did I dream that?! What a player, but I saw Lee Trundle score a goal like that one in the OP....

Lovely goal. Not sure it’s worth the apparent wankfest though. 

Not just a chip tho is it, the technique involved and how he got the pace on the ball whilst still keeping the accuracy to score a perfect finish is out of this world, let alone the fact it was for a hat trick, there’s a reason the whole home stadium were on their feet 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I was expecting something better from the reaction, see better goals every weekend from the lower leagues on sky goal rush 

9 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Not just a chip tho is it, the technique involved and how he got the pace on the ball whilst still keeping the accuracy to score a perfect finish is out of this world, let alone the fact it was for a hat trick, there’s a reason the whole home stadium were on their feet 

And the fact that the keeper is about a yard off of his line.

The entire stadium was chanting his name, but imagine if they'd seen Lee Trundle eh!

The mans a footballing genius. The best of all time imv.

Saw him score a hatrick against Espanyol at the Camp Neu a few years ago. Before the match I decided to watch him all game but after 10 mins I forgot he was playing - next thing he was thru on goal........:dunno: 

An amazing player. 

10 hours ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

a ,Not just a chip tho is it, the technique involved and how he got the pace on the ball whilst still keeping the accuracy to score a perfect finish is out of this world, let alone the fact it was for a hat trick, there’s a reason the whole home stadium were on their feet 

Its is a chip or a form of one.  He takes pace off the ball by not striking through it and under the ball. There is back spin on it to bring it down. Chip under a ball it rotates backwards v up and under the ball rotates in the opposite direction. That is highly advanced skill but not a truly out there exceptional one. Being outside the box simplifies the skill slightly. The poster is correct and Its not that unusual. 

19 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Its is a chip or a form of one.  He takes pace off the ball by not striking through it and under the ball. There is back spin on it to bring it down. Chip under a ball it rotates backwards v up and under the ball rotates in the opposite direction. That is highly advanced skill but not a truly out there exceptional one. Being outside the box simplifies the skill slightly. The poster is correct and Its not that unusual. 

You make it sound so easy... 

19 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I suppose that’s likely to happen at your age..! 

Basically I lost track of him.....even tho I was looking to watch his movements, positioning.......it was as if he was invisible. Then he was thru on goal. No idea where he made his run from..............:dunno:

16 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Basically I lost track of him.....even tho I was looking to watch his movements, positioning.......it was as if he was invisible. Then he was thru on goal. No idea where he made his run from..............:dunno:

I think above all else, other than probably first touch and instinct, movement is what sets the best players apart from the rest. 

Archived