IGNORED

Messi

Stortz

9 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There’s a clue - he had his name on the back of his shirt.....

I suppose you've never been to the nou camp. 

Trying to spot a player from the middle tier is like picking out an ant in an ants nest, never mind the top tier... 

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There’s a clue - he had his name on the back of his shirt.....

We didn’t have the best seats unfortunately. We were in the top of the middle level and the pitch looked about the size of a matchbox.......difficult to pick out Individual players. 

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Basically I lost track of him.....even tho I was looking to watch his movements, positioning.......it was as if he was invisible. Then he was thru on goal. No idea where he made his run from..............:dunno:

Must be an Argentinian trait, because that’s how I felt about Aguero in the 2nd leg last season, incredible movement. 

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

The mans a footballing genius. The best of all time imv.

Saw him score a hatrick against Espanyol at the Camp Neu a few years ago. Before the match I decided to watch him all game but after 10 mins I forgot he was playing - next thing he was thru on goal........:dunno: 

An amazing player. 

Whilst Messi is great Id rather have Ronaldo in my team. 

Messi is affraid to step out of his comfort zone. Is scoring hat tricks against some poor teams really that big of an achievement? Ronaldo has consistently performed in every league he's played in. Ronaldo has the ability to carry a team, carry his national team and imo Messi doesn't have that same ability.

26 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Whilst Messi is great Id rather have Ronaldo in my team. 

Messi is affraid to step out of his comfort zone. Is scoring hat tricks against some poor teams really that big of an achievement? Ronaldo has consistently performed in every league he's played in. Ronaldo has the ability to carry a team, carry his national team and imo Messi doesn't have that same ability.

Whilst I agree that Messi has only done it for Barcelona CR has played for Manure when they were the best in the league then on to Real Madrid with Los Galacticos and now Juventus who have won Serie A for the last 5 years. Both great players but Messi is the best footballer I have ever seen and also at times has carried Barca.

35 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Messi is affraid to step out of his comfort zone

Personal opinion of course, but this reasoning doesn't wash for me, was Gerrard looked down on for being a 1 club man? Were Giggs, Scholes, Terry etc? Just because he loves playing at his club shouldn't count against him. Remember all the claims he was only good because he had Xavi and Iniesta... 

39 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Whilst I agree that Messi has only done it for Barcelona CR has played for Manure when they were the best in the league then on to Real Madrid with Los Galacticos and now Juventus who have won Serie A for the last 5 years. Both great players but Messi is the best footballer I have ever seen and also at times has carried Barca.

How many times has Messi carried Argentina? Also remind me how many times he's retired from international duty?

It’s not the best goal I’ve seen but those saying it’s not that good, or it’s only because it’s Messi, either prefer Ronaldo or really can’t see how much skill is involved to score such a goal.

Personally don’t like Ronaldo as he’s all me, me, me, and after personal glory, but do appreciate how good he is, for me I’d say Messi is the greatest player of all time, and Ronaldo the greatest goalscorer of all time, glad to be around to witness them both though as I don’t think we’ll see anything like these 2 again.

Archived