IGNORED

Weston v Welling Saturday

MattWSM

Home to Welling on Saturday and a must win and need Gloucester to lose otherwise could be almost all over. First time relegated in their history.

Anyone going down to the Woodspring to support the lads?

3 City loanees Parsons, Nurse and Harrison in first team and ex players Marlon Jackson and Jennison Myrie-Williams. Plus Matt Bower from Cheltenham who is good defender along with other talented under performing players.

Need a run of wins to have an ouside chance. 

5 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

I'm going.

Tough time at Weston right now. For a place that is similar in size to Burnley to potentially be in the 7th tier of English football, it's a real shame.

Mon the Seagulls.

2k greater population than Burnley apparently at 84k and growing. Probably be 100k in 15 years.

And bigger than other league sides:

Shrewsbury, Burton, Scunny, Bury and Crewe :)

14 minutes ago, MattWSM said:

2k greater population than Burnley apparently at 84k and growing. Probably be 100k in 15 years.

And bigger than other league sides:

Shrewsbury, Burton, Scunny, Bury and Crewe :)

Easily 100k. The new developments are the tip of the iceberg if you believe what you hear.

Wonder how long it'll take before it connects to Bristawl.

23 hours ago, MattWSM said:

Home to Welling on Saturday and a must win and need Gloucester to lose otherwise could be almost all over. First time relegated in their history.

3 City loanees Parsons, Nurse and Harrison in first team and ex players Marlon Jackson and Jennison Myrie-Williams. Plus Matt Bower from Cheltenham who is good defender along with other talented under performing players.

I want Glos to win. 'Mon the Tigers.

• Admin
13 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

Sorry but this Glaws fan is hoping for the opposite. Would be such a shame if Tigers went down this year, before a hoped for return to the city after 12+ years away.

but a first season and a promotion at the new ground wouldn't be too bad a start.

The Weston hierarchy are convinced that they will bounce back at the first opportunity which I find surprising

On 19/03/2019 at 11:02, phantom said:

but a first season and a promotion at the new ground wouldn't be too bad a start.

The Weston hierarchy are convinced that they will bounce back at the first opportunity which I find surprising

Think I'd still prefer to be in the CS when the return happens!

i would add that I hope all SW teams escape this year, though looking at the table it seems sadly unlikely.

On 19/03/2019 at 11:02, phantom said:

A new ground in the home town plus a promotion? The gas will be wondering how such things are possible in short order for a "small club".

• Admin
On 24/03/2019 at 07:25, MattWSM said:

11 points off now with 18 remaining.

Deserved something from the game yesterday.

Will be interesting to see who they bring in as manager, I was told they have shortlisted down to 15, the preferred choice is a player manager with local non league contacts

Scott Bartlett who was previously in charge (left to work full time at Forest Green) has shown interest as his role at FGR hasn't gone as planned

On 17/03/2019 at 23:39, MattWSM said:

How did Bower do? always thought he was worth a punt in our academy, don't tend to get too many ball playing 6ft 7 centre backs!

5 hours ago, WR5 said:

How did Bower do? always thought he was worth a punt in our academy, don't tend to get too many ball playing 6ft 7 centre backs!

They all played well. Deserved a point at least. I like Bower. Can be comfortable on the ball most of the time.

Archived