IGNORED

Media dept mis-spelling

cidered abroad

5 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Most stupid thread ever. 

You say that, but if I was traveling up to Shefield (for those who haven’t yet spotted the point of my earlier photo on this thread!) how would I ever find where I’m supposed to be going...?! 

No wonder Rovers have to exaggerate the numbers that they took to Wembley, when half of them were probably flummoxed at the point of putting “Webley” into the Sat Nav’s that they’d just stolen from their neighbours cars..! 

11 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You say that, but if I was traveling up to Shefield (for those who haven’t yet spotted the point of my earlier photo on this thread!) how would I ever find where I’m supposed to be going...?! 

No wonder Rovers have to exaggerate the numbers that they took to Wembley, when half of them were probably flummoxed at the point of putting “Webley” into the Sat Nav’s that they’d just stolen from their neighbours cars..! 

And there's the reason that the Mem is usually half empty, if only it wasn't in Whorefield.

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Club web site shows our next match as Sheffield United at Brammall Lane.

Correct spelling is BRAMALL Lane.

.....and while we are it....’Players Entrance’ should be ‘Players’ Entrance’ and on at least one of the ‘stadium info’ points outside the back of the South Stand - it says ‘Ayteo Stand’ - pretty easy to get these things correct?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....and while we are it....’Players Entrance’ should be ‘Players’ Entrance’ and on at least one of the ‘stadium info’ points outside the back of the South Stand - it says ‘Ayteo Stand’ - pretty easy to get these things correct?

.....and while we are it.... ???

A simple misstake I supose...

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

.....and while we are it....’Players Entrance’ should be ‘Players’ Entrance’ pretty easy to get these things correct?

You could well be right (I’m no grammar expert) but are you sure that should read as you’ve said..?

It is the “Players entrance” It’s not belonging to the players, meaning it should be Players’  

Like I said, I could be wrong and feel free to put me right, but I’m not convinced that your correction, is correct..! 

Had this automatic reply to an email I sent to Bristol Sport.........

Dear Supporter,

Thank you for emailing Bristol Sport. We are experiencing high volumes of enquirers but we will aim to respond to your query within 3 business days

Kind regards,

Bristol Sport

6 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Had this automatic reply to an email I sent to Bristol Sport.........

Dear Supporter,

Thank you for emailing Bristol Sport. We are experiencing high volumes of enquirers but we will aim to respond to your query within 3 business days

Kind regards,

Bristol Sport

There should be a comma after enquirers. Amateurs.

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You do realise you have just misspelled 'Wembly' :)

5 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

You could well be right (I’m no grammar expert) but are you sure that should read as you’ve said..?

It is the “Players entrance” It’s not belonging to the players, meaning it should be Players’  

Like I said, I could be wrong and feel free to put me right, but I’m not convinced that your correction, is correct..! 

Apparently players’ does need the apostrophe - that one doesn’t bug me as much as our club spelling Atyeo incorrectly though....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Apparently players’ does need the apostrophe - that one doesn’t bug me as much as our club spelling Atyeo incorrectly though....

No, if that’s correct then that is a blunder that should really be put right..! 

11 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Club web site shows our next match as Sheffield United at Brammall Lane.

Correct spelling is BRAMALL Lane.

I know we have a long wait until our next game but you that bored already? Or maybe your a school teacher? Really baffles me how some on here love to point out such errors, it’s a spelling mistake mate, everyone does it, shit happens.

48 minutes ago, BCFC11 said:

I know we have a long wait until our next game but you that bored already? Or maybe your a school teacher? Really baffles me how some on here love to point out such errors, it’s a spelling mistake mate, everyone does it, shit happens.

*you're

Shit just happened :)

4 hours ago, Eddie Hitler said:

They do spell it Atyeo; unless you're suggesting that's wrong.

Yeo as in the river, Yeovil and yeoman.

If you’d read my first post in this thread, you’d see I was referring to the ‘stadium information points’ outside the back of the South Stand on which it is spelled ‘Ayteo’....

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you’d read my first post in this thread, you’d see I was referring to the ‘stadium information points’ outside the back of the South Stand on which it is spelled ‘Ayteo’....

My mistake.

We've had at least one thread before where people have insisted that it should be "A T E Y O" as that is how it's pronounced.

(had to do it in capitals as there is a forum autocorrect)

Archived