IGNORED

Add to a epic playlist

Fiale

So I am making a few playlist to add a bit more variety to what I listen too - then thought OTIB ... those guys have amazing taste. 

So if you hear a playlist or radio station what is that one song you hope/want to hear - what addition to the OTIB playlist from you will make it essential listening -

IDLES                       -      Danny Nedelko                    @ZiderEyed

Ronettes                 -      Be My Baby                           @One Team In Keynsham

James                     -      Say something                      @Fiale

Queen Of Hearts    -       ****** Up                              @richwwtk

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

So I am making a few playlist to add a bit more variety to what I listen too - then thought OTIB ... those guys have amazing taste. 

So if you hear a playlist or radio station what is that one song you hope/want to hear - what addition to the OTIB playlist from you will make it essential listening -

1. James - Say something

Any or all of:

Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart

Billy Bragg - Waiting For The Great Leap Forward

Pet Shop Boys - Rent

The Ronettes - Be My Baby

The The - This Is The Day

Velvet Underground - Sunday Morning

Public Enemy - Rebel Without A Pause

Beastie Boys - Hey Ladies

Nick Cave - The Mercy Seat

Run DMC - What's It All About

House of Love - Destroy The Heart

Sonic Youth - Teenage Riot

Glenn Campbell - Witchita Lineman

Kym Sims - Too Blind To See It

Deee-lite - Groove Is In The Heart

Grandmaster Flash - White Lines

This Mortal Coil - Song To The Siren

Prince - Sing 'O' The Times

etc etc

I could be here for days.

3 minutes ago, One Team In Keynsham said:

Any or all of:

Pet Shop Boys - Rent

etc etc

someone put a gun to your head and forced you to chose "the one" - what would you add to out OTIB playlist ?

Never have a favourite song but a few that came off the top of my head below

A New England - Kirsty MacColl

Disney Girls - Beach Boys 

Mayonnaise - Smashing Pumpkins 

Cocaine Man - Baxter Dury 

LA - The Fall 

The Crystal Lake - Grandaddy 

Hang Me Up To Dry - Cold War Kids 

Then - The Charlatans 

Take The Long Road And Walk It - The Music

Puss - Jesus Lizard 

Stoned Love - The Supremes 

A New England                     -    Kirsty MacColl                     @lenred            

Carry om my wayward son  -    Kansas                                 @slartibartfast

Struts                                      -    Primadonna like me           @Clevedon Red

Shot by both sides                 -    Magazine                             @Major Isewater

IDLES                                        -   Danny Nedelko                    @ZiderEyed

Ronettes                                  -    Be My Baby                          @One Team In Keynsham

James                                       -   Say something                    @Fiale

Queen Of Hearts                     -     ****** Up                              @richwwtk

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 00:58, AshtonGreat said:

* There's A Ghost In My House by R Dean Taylor

* The Happening by The Supremes

(Both brilliant and both written by the same songwriting team)

That is a seriously brilliant song, always felt it was under-rated.

Like most, I could go on a bit with a big list, but will go for God Only Knows by the Beach Boys as a commercially successful bit of Brian Wilson brilliance, and Hejira (title track of her 1976 album) by Joni Mitchell as a superb, but less well known song.

On 18/03/2019 at 17:07, One Team In Keynsham said:

Any or all of:

Pet Shop Boys - Rent

etc etc

Technically Melle Mel – but yeah, great tune!

3 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

That is a seriously brilliant song, always felt it was under-rated.

Like most, I could go on a bit with a big list, but will go for God Only Knows by the Beach Boys as a commercially successful bit of Brian Wilson brilliance, and Hejira (title track of her 1976 album) by Joni Mitchell as a superb, but less well known song.

Yeah it is a classic. Have you heard There's A Ghost In My House?

Yes I liked R Dean Taylor's stuff, and would say "There's a Ghost" is very good but prefer "I Gotta See Jane".  Interesting chap as, without looking it up on Wiki etc I recall that he was one of a very few white Motown artists, with Kiki Dee being another until Elton signed her to Rocket Records. But The Happening is a song that really hits the spot for me, it was so different, great lyrics and melody, the whole song just hooks me in!  And yet if you were to ask the average "Joe in the street" who knows something about 60s music, Motown etc and ask them to name 5 Supremes/Diana Ross and the Supremes songs most would say "Baby Love", "You Keep Me Hanging On" "Stop In the Name of Love", "Where Did Our Love Go?, "Reflections"  (which is also  brilliant) etc., etc., and may not be so familiar with The Happening.

Another song that hooks me in in the same way is "The Night" by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, its one of those that I never get tired of hearing.

Just re-read the title, you’re asking for epics.

Masterplan or champagne supernova by Oasis. Fans - kings of Leon. Scar tissue or californication - RHCPs. Superstition - stevie wonder. Killing in the name - Rage against the m/c.  Forever in blue jeans - Neil diamond. Or for a laugh, Cider I Up Landlord by our very own Chaos UK :laughcont:

Babylon`s Burning                  -  The Ruts                             @Mike Hunt-Hertz

Supernova                              -   Oasis                                    @Gakoe

God Only Knows                    -   the Beach Boys                   @New Dazzler

A New England                      -    Kirsty MacColl                     @lenred            

Carry om my wayward son   -    Kansas                                 @slartibartfast

Struts                                       -    Primadonna like me           @Clevedon Red

Shot by both sides                 -    Magazine                             @Major Isewater

IDLES                                        -   Danny Nedelko                    @ZiderEyed

Ronettes                                  -    Be My Baby                          @One Team In Keynsham

James                                       -   Say something                    @Fiale

Queen Of Hearts                     -     ****** Up                              @richwwtk

4 hours ago, Fiale said:

Babylon`s Burning                  -  The Ruts                             @Mike Hunt-Hertz

Supernova                              -   Oasis                                    @Gakoe

God Only Knows                    -   the Beach Boys                   @New Dazzler

A New England                      -    Kirsty MacColl                     @lenred            

Carry om my wayward son   -    Kansas                                 @slartibartfast

Struts                                       -    Primadonna like me           @Clevedon Red

Building the playlist, track by track, on Deezer.

The Rainbow                          -     Talk Talk                            @TomF

Babylon`s Burning                -     The Ruts                             @Mike Hunt-Hertz

Supernova                              -     Oasis                                    @Gakoe

God Only Knows                    -    The Beach Boys                   @New Dazzler

Queen Of Hearts                     -     ****** Up                              @richwwtk

Archived