IGNORED

Ref Mic

Tinmans Love Child

9 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I’ve got a headpiece for the rugby which means I can hear the referees decisions throughout the match. 

Pits really interesting to see how much he communicates with the players and the officials upstairs and it allows me to understand why he makes certain calls. 

Something like this would be brilliant for football imo

For games at the Gate ? 
That would be interesting, I don't go often but that could help things. Went for the first time against Worcester a couple of years ago, the game where Bristol had a player sent off. Replay on the screen , still debated where I was but at last you can understand what's going on a little more.

On 20/03/2019 at 14:15, Davefevs said:

but at least he seemed to enjoy himself and had a bit of banter with the players. 

Player: Ref , what would you do if I called you a *** ?

Ref:      I'd send you off .

Player : What if I only thought it ?

Ref:      Well , I couldn't do anything for something you're thinking.

Player : I think you're a *** !

9 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Am I imagining it or didn’t they bring this ‘rule’ in a couple of seasons back? Clearly died a death if they did.

Don’t think they did.

The only thing FIFA trialled from rugby was the 10 yard rule. That died a death....

30 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

For games at the Gate ? 
That would be interesting, I don't go often but that could help things. Went for the first time against Worcester a couple of years ago, the game where Bristol had a player sent off. Replay on the screen , still debated where I was but at last you can understand what's going on a little more.

It's for all premiership games, home and away. 

So for instance, when Worcester had a try disallowed yesterday I heard the whole discussion between referee and TMO. It's also interesting to hear the TMO in the referees war all the time, telling him when teams are offside or if its a forward pass etc

10 hours ago, Cowshed said:

Grassroots football needs lots of guidelines. The game is played by children and very frequently now refereed by teens.

A fundamental problem is that a two tired approach has developed in football both in the way rules are interpreted and with technology. 

Correct, but respect of the referee is a straight line influence from professional football down. As parents/coaches we absolutely encourage respect, but having three boys who have played up through junior football, it’s is the actions of the professionals that has by far the greatest influence on the kids.

Archived