IGNORED

Singing Section - Easy to sneak in?

Bristolboy_06

@Bristolboy_06

Club read and post on this forum this, so does a football police rep- so if you're pondering it? Well- your card is marked my friend! :laughcont:

On a serious note, you'd have blown your chances for the simple reason that- well the above.

Word to the wise- posting about it on an open, i.e. a fully visible forum really...well. ?? I mean I thought the Leeds fans who posted on waccoe about having tickets in home ends was an interesting tactic- as that is at least a partially closed forum- but wow...

Not very, stewards on every entrance/exit.

I think they expect a full scale riot, fans to jump on to the pitch & run the full length in to the away area. It seems they think S82 is the most practical area for them to do this.

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Bristolboy_06

Club read and post on this forum this, so does a football police rep- so if you're pondering it? Well- your card is marked my friend! :laughcont:

On a serious note, you'd have blown your chances for the simple reason that- well the above.

Word to the wise- posting about it on an open, i.e. a fully visible forum really...well. ?? I mean I thought the Leeds fans who posted on waccoe about having tickets in home ends was an interesting tactic- as that is at least a partially closed forum- but wow...

Doubt they would be able to know who I am from my OTIB handle 

2 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Because let's face it, sitting down is not the same as standing up. It's a dead atmosphere sitting down. 

I think that is a bit of a mind set & myth, personally. 

You are just as able to sing whilst sat down and in the seated areas, you still get up on a regular basis.

I always used to like standing, so I get your thinking, but it’s just as easy to sing sat down, or stand up and sing anyway. 

18 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Doubt they would be able to know who I am from my OTIB handle 

Fair enough.

Still making it easier for them, they'd be on the lookout now, club would factor that in and probably implement stricter checks. Was just a bit surprised that it'd be posted so openly that's all.

@Unan Tbh there has been potential for overcrowding in the past, so checks are likely necessary. Pyros too- well I say pyros more like coloured smoke-  last season, though not at home anymore. I should ask the question though, KB Stewards especially- have they improved? I remember threads about them on a regular basis earlier this season so I would suggest tentatively yes?

17 minutes ago, Bristolboy_06 said:

Because let's face it, sitting down is not the same as standing up. It's a dead atmosphere sitting down. 

I agree with a lot of this though it can when the occasion demands still be alright but exceptions to the rule etc.

If it were feasible, I'd make the whole South Stand an extension of the singing/standing section. The only downside, well small downside is that unreserved seating means a 10% reduction in capacity for the area in which it exists, due to safety regs but overall would do a lot more good than bad.

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think that is a bit of a mind set & myth, personally. 

You are just as able to sing whilst sat down and in the seated areas, you still get up on a regular basis.

I always used to like standing, so I get your thinking, but it’s just as easy to sing sat down, or stand up and sing anyway. 

Just personal experience from being in S20 all season mate, I do envy those in the singing section but didn't have the money till today to get another ticket which is a bummer, they are all sold out now but oh well will get one as close as I can!

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

@Bristolboy_06

What a bizarre reply, he’s just going into another area of the football ground mate with plenty of spare capacity he’s not committing a heinous crime. As if Julie is actually going to take time investigating who Bristolboy_06 is and force the club to put some block on his ticket...

3 minutes ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

What a bizarre reply, he’s just going into another area of the football ground mate with plenty of spare capacity he’s not committing a heinous crime. As if Julie is actually going to take time investigating who Bristolboy_06 is and force the club to put some block on his ticket...

Never said or even intimated that they would block his ticket or anything like that, more the point that because the club read this site, then stewards would be that little bit more on alert to people sneaking in and that it isn't wise to put it on an open forum.

If it did become an issue then it's better to extend the section rather than risk overcrowding it. HS is the be all and end all today. Extending it will surely improve the atmosphere. You are more likely to join in if the people next to you are singing as opposed to being 2 or 3 blocks away.

Archived