IGNORED

Scotland

Crackers Corner

I didnt realise what had happened tonight and I rang a couple who live in the most beautiful picturesque village of Killin a little earlier. . Des (to give a name) wasnt offering any excuses. laughed it off and was full of his usual good humour. You can tell it hurts though as theyve just fallen to Kazakh bloody stan. It's a gorgeous place to live, but their sport isnt good. Beautiful local pub though....I'm torn....

27 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am not Scottish but I actually find it sad that there are no more players like Archie Gemmill, Asa Hartford, Billy Bremner , Kenny Dalglish , Graeme Souness , Joe Jordan... 

It makes world football poorer .

Yup, I agree. They were always pretty tough the Scots, not all very skilful but would fight to the end and grind out a result from sheer determination. I didn’t see the match but heard Radio 5 updates who said they were shocking, no fight in them etc. 

PS, add to your list Strachan and Moysie ?

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

Yup, I agree. They were always pretty tough the Scots, not all very skilful but would fight to the end and grind out a result from sheer determination. I didn’t see the match but heard Radio 5 updates who said they were shocking, no fight in them etc. 

PS, add to your list Strachan and Moysie ?

Its worse. Scotland had a belting good team..Tommy Gemmill, Sandy Jardine, Don Masson, Bruce Rioch, Willie Johnson, Asa Hartford, Joe, Lash Lorimer, Archie Gemmill...the list of "Gods" is endless. Unfortunately, any Scottish player with anything about him comes South

I understand the starting XI for Scotland have relatively few caps between them  - essentially a rookie team - so perhaps it's not such a shock. Still pretty grim for the Jocks, though, as witnessed by the torrents on social media. I heard on the radio that some fans were planning to go to France to watch the Women's World Cup, rather than the men.

11 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

As funny as them losing today was, I have to say what great goals all 3 were :clap:

Just watched the highlights and the pass for number 2 was absolutely sublime.

Because it is Kazakhstan they will just talk about the defending being poor, but it took some serious skill to take out that many defenders at once!

13 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I am not Scottish but I actually find it sad that there are no more players like Archie Gemmill, Asa Hartford, Billy Bremner , Kenny Dalglish , Graeme Souness , Joe Jordan... 

It makes world football poorer .

But it makes English football richer because we don't have to replace broken crossbars anymore.

2 hours ago, Undy English said:

I'm all for British unity, but the venom shown to us English in the past by the salty Scots has turned my feelings towards them. Hilarious, although fair play to Kazakhstan, deserved it.

Does nothing for the arguments that Rangers and Celtic should join the English Prem.

I used to support all the other British and Irish nations. Not anymore. Their bitterness in Football and Rugby knows no bounds, hope they all fail to qualify again, obviously aside from England.

16 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

Its worse. Scotland had a belting good team..Tommy Gemmill, Sandy Jardine, Don Masson, Bruce Rioch, Willie Johnson, Asa Hartford, Joe, Lash Lorimer, Archie Gemmill...the list of "Gods" is endless. Unfortunately, any Scottish player with anything about him comes South

The Lisbon Lions, John Greig, Alex McLeish, Willie Miller, Alan Hansen, Eddie Gray the list goes on.

Best not mention the keepers though!

3 hours ago, One BCFC said:

I used to support all the other British and Irish nations. Not anymore. Their bitterness in Football and Rugby knows no bounds, hope they all fail to qualify again, obviously aside from England.

Exactly the same here. Although I ignore that sentiment for Gibraltar, I wish those boys nothing but the best!

As Scotland are already guaranteed a play off place (having won their Nations League group), if they lose against Belgium and Russia they could quite quickly end up in a position where it’s extremely unlikely they’ll finish in the top two, and therefore the remainder of their Euro qualifier group games could effectively become dead rubbers, as whoever finishes third in their group will have no bearing on who makes the play offs. 

That said, they still have time to recover from the loss against Kazakhstan, and I wouldn’t put it past them to run Russia close for second place (and whilst it’s tempting to sneer, they did come within a few seconds of beating England at Hampden in 2017). 

3 hours ago, North London Red said:

As Scotland are already guaranteed a play off place (having won their Nations League group), if they lose against Belgium and Russia they could quite quickly end up in a position where it’s extremely unlikely they’ll finish in the top two, and therefore the remainder of their Euro qualifier group games could effectively become dead rubbers, as whoever finishes third in their group will have no bearing on who makes the play offs. 

That said, they still have time to recover from the loss against Kazakhstan, and I wouldn’t put it past them to run Russia close for second place (and whilst it’s tempting to sneer, they did come within a few seconds of beating England at Hampden in 2017). 

Yes they came close but god did I enjoy that equaliser.....

16 hours ago, North London Red said:

(and whilst it’s tempting to sneer, they did come within a few seconds of beating England at Hampden in 2017). 

Every Scottish footballer or fan desperately want to beat England. The players all raise their game and play with a heady passion that is missing in other games they play. 

That game was a one off for that reason.

Archived