IGNORED

Scotland

Crackers Corner

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

Every Scottish ...... fan desperately want to beat England....

Some Rangers fans support England as their international team...I remember a ‘Coatbridge’ St George flag at one England game...and I’ve seen Gers fans wearing England tops at Ibrox.....it’s quite amusing that quite a few of the fans of Scotland’s two biggest clubs support Republic of Ireland and England in international games....

6 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Some Rangers fans support England as their international team...I remember a ‘Coatbridge’ St George flag at one England game...and I’ve seen Gers fans wearing England tops at Ibrox.....it’s quite amusing that quite a few of the fans of Scotland’s two biggest clubs support Republic of Ireland and England in international games....

I’ve never ever seen a cross of St George in Scotland during any football match and I’ve been to Scotland numerous times.

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Bloody hell- we agree on something! I get why people like the team of their parent's or grandparents but not how they choose them over the country they were born and bred in. I like Ireland and Scotland and will cheer them on against anyone- except England.

I even cheer on Wales even though I have no family connection but just because they are part of the UK.

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’ve never ever seen a cross of St George in Scotland during any football match and I’ve been to Scotland numerous times.

Eh?! If you re-read my post you’ll see I said I saw a ‘Coatbridge’ St George flag at an England game....

I’ve also seen Airdrie fans displaying (Chelsea) St George flags in games in Scotland and also Berwick Rangers fans, for obvious reasons...

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Bloody hell- we agree on something! I get why people like the team of their parent's or grandparents but not how they choose them over the country they were born and bred in. I like Ireland and Scotland and will cheer them on against anyone- except England.

I even cheer on Wales even though I have no family connection but just because they are part of the UK.

It had to happen sooner or later....!

15 hours ago, Gazred said:

Weakest Scotland side I've seen in my lifetime. They always used to have 2 or 3 stand out players in the side over the years.

Yep. Only Robertson would get into the England squad.

4 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Bloody hell- we agree on something! I get why people like the team of their parent's or grandparents but not how they choose them over the country they were born and bred in. I like Ireland and Scotland and will cheer them on against anyone- except England.

Always knew you were a wrong'un... :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Not better than Rose Shaw or Chilwell.

Obviously it comes down to opinion, but when Tierney leaves Celtic to play in the Premier League, which sadly I think will be sooner rather than later- I think people will realise what a good player he is. I had mates telling me how shit Van Dijk and Wanyama were and that they wouldn't be able to perform in England, which was nonsense. 

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I may be able to add some insight here.

There are a large section of Rangers fans who hate the Scottish FA and national team due to their political leanings and acceptance of "fenians who hate Britain". They believe the Irish Scots have taken it over behind the scenes and forced their agenda on the team and fans. A few Rangers mates of mine have all mentioned this.

The cultural and sectarian element in Scotland shouldn't be underestimated, which is why they shun their national team.

2 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Obviously it comes down to opinion, but when Tierney leaves Celtic to play in the Premier League, which sadly I think will be sooner rather than later- I think people will realise what a good player he is. I had mates telling me how shit Van Dijk and Wanyama were and that they wouldn't be able to perform in England, which was nonsense. 

Yeah they weren't Jocks though Miah ?

46 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Yeah they weren't Jocks though Miah ?

True, the point I was trying to make- rather badly- was that people are often dismissive of players in Scotland, simply because they play in Scotland. Kieran Tierney is a very, very good player and is- in my opinion- as good as any left back that England have.

19 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

1346423085_IMG_0436(1).thumb.JPG.e26058b191587e30f0491a6ecdb4803a.JPG

Archived