IGNORED

0117 963 0600 (Merged)

Hampshire Red

190 attempted calls, got through midday(ish) but then had a meeting so had to hang up.  I got through at 17:00 tonight, and then wondered if actually everyone had gone home, so I Texted Gareth Torpy, who told me they were still there and the wait once through was less than an hour.  I was hanging on for 45-50 minutes but got through. 

Lines are open until 8pm. They usually close at 5pm.

On modern systems queue lenghths can be set. When the total is reached you can either return busy tone, play recorded message or allow a message to be left. If this is not implemented and the queue length is set at a ridiculous number then callers will be on the line forever. It is also dependent on the number of lines into the system. If all are busy then engaged tone is returned.

It's all down to the number of bums on seats on how many calls can be dealt with. If the office is staffed at the normal level then obviously due to the situation there will be a big problem. My guess is they have temporarily increased staff for this period but with the system limitations it cannot cope.

1 hour ago, AshtonPark said:

Bristol sport do have a modern telephony system, but it has been poorly implemented and this was redone during the rebuild.

It is quite possible to do the above with it but I imagine they do not want to pay the extra to have it programmed etc. 

2 cups and a bit of string would have been better use today...……..

35 minutes ago, Brann-red said:

Can i ask a daft question. Do they have tickets on sale tomorrow at the ground ? If so would it be in the shop ? 

Im wondering if it’s easier to go down rather than wait on the phone 

Oh **** me no. That would involve giving a toss about your customer experience and Making things easier for you

• Admin
2 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Bristol sport do have a modern telephony system, but it has been poorly implemented and this was redone during the rebuild.

It is quite possible to do the above with it but I imagine they do not want to pay the extra to have it programmed etc. 

Serious question, how does the stadium rebuild affect the telephony system being used? 

Surely the lines are set up externally? 

I can't see how rebuilding the stands would impact 

3 hours ago, Neo said:

Genuine question. Why renew if you wanted to swap seats.

Was their some benefit other than the prize draws?

I know a few who did that. You then guaranteed your existing seat, at least. Then had the option to change it today, rather than let your existing seat be released and then not get the alternative that you’d have preferred anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Would love to know how many operators they actually had working today!

Three people on the phones and only a one person waiting system capability.

Makes sense when you try calling on redial over 300 times to only get the ‘busy’ tone back.

******* backwards for the 21st century aye.

17 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I know a few who did that. You then guaranteed your existing seat, at least. Then had the option to change it today, rather than let your existing seat be released and then not get the alternative that you’d have preferred anyway. 

I think if you want to move you got to make a firm decision and take the risk.

I was not prepared to pay central dolman prices anymore so wanted to move to South Stand so did not renew previously for 2 reasons

1. I expected the phone nightmare many endured today and expected to get better seats online by virtue of getting in earlier

2. I would not trust the club admin to deal accurately with a sudden move to a lower price seat and the fuss trying to correct over deduction etc would cause

Happy with where I am now - on the fringes of singing section so a bit of decent atmosphere finally !!

The most frustrating thing about this is that once you get through the whole transaction is so quick and efficient, so why does it take so long to get through. 

And to the person asking if tickets were available in the shop, I don’t think so. I don’t think you can turn up to the ground and get the shop to do anything like match or ST’s, no chance. Unless someone wants to correct me I think this is the case.

6 minutes ago, RedM said:

The most frustrating thing about this is that once you get through the whole transaction is so quick and efficient, so why does it take so long to get through. 

Because there would have been an average of 850 people per hour trying to do this today. 

The bigger question is why was there only an 8 hour window for this section of renewals..?!

• Yes I went on the great City telephone lottery yesterday, l sent them an email as I didn’t fancy trying to phone them again to complain about the service received. What are the chances of me getting a reply or perhaps I should ask them to call me and put them on hold and play them a tune . Maybe I should play Blondies Hanging on the telephone or even worse Good night ffffing Irene for three and a half hours.
  •  

10 hours ago, phantom said:

Serious question, how does the stadium rebuild affect the telephony system being used? 

Surely the lines are set up externally? 

I can't see how rebuilding the stands would impact 

Hi phantom, lines are just one part there’s is more to it.

I know they redid the phone system at the time of the rebuild, I imagine replacing an aging system that was going out of life.  

There are different ways a phone system can be used. For example, from the phones at the ground (how I can tell it was upgraded) I imagine Bristol sport has bought the basic phone system, but not the additional software to implement things just as position in queue. 

The main issue they have here, is either the incoming lines are being maxed out, or they simply don’t have the staff. 

The Phone systems Bristol sport have are now are either hosted in the cloud or still tin based in house. Then you have different methods the lines can come in.

In sort, if the club had the staff and enough lines for incoming calls it wouldn’t be an issue.

Putting it another way, if You are in a pub with 20 pumps but only 1 person serving you could in theory have a hell of a lot of pints poured at once but you are restricted by the man power. 

Archived