IGNORED

0117 963 0600 (Merged)

Hampshire Red

17 hours ago, RedM said:

And to the person asking if tickets were available in the shop, I don’t think so. I don’t think you can turn up to the ground and get the shop to do anything like match or ST’s, no chance. Unless someone wants to correct me I think this is the case.

No you can’t,  because the shop tills don’t have the facility apparently. Utterly ridiculous. 

It's frustrating trying to get through at the moment but what can the club do? They're not gonna take on an extra 20 staff (and train them) just to cover 1 or 2 busy weeks! Just got to be patient I'm afraid. Like others have said when you do get through staff are ultra-efficient not just temps who are likely to mess your tickets up anyway!!

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Serious question, how does the stadium rebuild affect the telephony system being used? 

Surely the lines are set up externally? 

I can't see how rebuilding the stands would impact 

They recently changed phone system providers. The old one had the call holding feature so you would be placed in a queue rather than getting an engaged tone 

The new new provider doesn’t have this function/feature set up, hence the engaged tone. 

To clarify once the sip trunk channels are full you will get the engaged tone and not placed in to a call queue. 

3 hours ago, Scrumpylegs said:

It's frustrating trying to get through at the moment but what can the club do? They're not gonna take on an extra 20 staff (and train them) just to cover 1 or 2 busy weeks! Just got to be patient I'm afraid. Like others have said when you do get through staff are ultra-efficient not just temps who are likely to mess your tickets up anyway!!

Our club passed on ticket selling responsibilities to Ticketmaster for the play off final vs Hull....zero issues as fans were dealing with professionals who are used to dealing with millions of ticket sales every day....we should pass it over to them for a fortnight at this time of year....

• Admin
3 hours ago, Scrumpylegs said:

The problem is this number is the same whenever you try to call, not just this period of time. 

This forum alone has been littered with complaints for months 

Got to be fair to the staff, when I did get through was looking to move but needed 3 together, lovely lady could only offer 2 in one row & 1 sat behind in the next row, which I took, she phoned me back 25 minutes later to say she had got me 3 together in the same stand

fair play to her

1 hour ago, Wilksi said:

They recently changed phone system providers. The old one had the call holding feature so you would be placed in a queue rather than getting an engaged tone 

The new new provider doesn’t have this function/feature set up, hence the engaged tone. 

To clarify once the sip trunk channels are full you will get the engaged tone and not placed in to a call queue. 

Part of what was said is correct, I imagine the busy tone is returned due to lack of lines though in this case. People above have said they have been on hold etc. 

The phone system they are using has a number of ways of doing it for call distribution but in this case it will be what is called ACD agents and ACD paths. Calls will come in and queue till an agent is free, a engaged tone is only given if there are no spare incoming lines.

They wouldn’t be using ring groups or hunt groups in this situation, even if the end supplier of the phone system didn’t know what they were doing. If they were you would get the busy tone, but due to people being on hold it’s clear they are not.

To be fair to Bristol sport, to set up position In queue and call centre software/licenes would cost them a fair bit for something that provides no benefit to the business.

44 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Part of what was said is correct, I imagine the busy tone is returned due to lack of lines though in this case. People above have said they have been on hold etc. 

The phone system they are using has a number of ways of doing it for call distribution but in this case it will be what is called ACD agents and ACD paths. Calls will come in and queue till an agent is free, a engaged tone is only given if there are no spare incoming lines.

They wouldn’t be using ring groups or hunt groups in this situation, even if the end supplier of the phone system didn’t know what they were doing. If they were you would get the busy tone, but due to people being on hold it’s clear they are not.

To be fair to Bristol sport, to set up position In queue and call centre software/licenes would cost them a fair bit for something that provides no benefit to the business.

Yes. 

For example they have 24 channels in, in affect they have one phone number that 24 people can call at once.

They might have 6 staff answering that line. And the other 18 are put in a queue system. 

At that point all 24 lines are in use, so if anyone else calls they will get the engaged tone.

Their previous supplier had a back end add on which queued all the additional calls that came in, in order. This was a back end feature to the phone system and wasn’t reliant on the number of channels, once a channel was free the call would be passsd on in to the queue. 

the new supplier doesn’t have/hasn’t enabled this feature hence the first time the phones have been busy since the swap over there are these problems .

Call positioning information isn’t a big cost at all and for customer service has real benefits. They don’t need call centre licensing as they don’t have that many end users that would require this, you would licence per users needed not the entire system.

People having been complaining of Engaged tone which the issue is caused by all channels being full.

22 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am not sure people are complaining about an engaged tone, more that the call just keeps ringing without being answered 

Phants the first post the person is complaining of an engaged tone ????

• Admin
9 hours ago, Wilksi said:

Phants the first post the person is complaining of an engaged tone ????

Look back through the many posts on here / Facebook / twitter they're always moaning about the phone ringing but not being answered 

2 hours ago, AnumRed said:

Did anyone have any trouble moving more than one ticket at the same time? Tried to move mine and couple of mates but was told we all have to phone individually to move seats  & risk someone else snapping up the other seats.

Are your and your friends seats linked on the system? If they are, one person can buy match tickets in one transaction for everyone. Maybe you could have done one transaction the for seat transfers. If your seats are linked, and you still couldn’t do it, it’s another flaw with the system 

Just spent 20mins listening to dreary music and loop meassages saying to use email............

All I wanted to do was ask if I could use my SC rugby match allowance for tomorrow’s game.......I just gave up........20 mins I won’t get back.......:cool2:

Simply put - crap customer service.........:disapointed2se:

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Why not?     :dunno:

I thought that as a SC holders we’re allowed one rugby match 

The club choose it. 

The last one was Northampton back in September/October and I’d imagine if they did another it’d be sale sharks in a few weeks

7 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

The club choose it. 

The last one was Northampton back in September/October and I’d imagine if they did another it’d be sale sharks in a few weeks

I wasn’t aware of that and why I’d like to have spoken to a real person in the ticket office.......but having been on hold for 20 mins I almost lost the will to live.........:cool2:

Absolutely crap customer service............No point complaining tho. It’ll be just the same reaction as complaining about the crap PA system...............you get nowhere............:disapointed2se:

Even if you can't use your  SC rugby match allowance for tomorrow’s game, it would be nice if you could contact the club to find out. It's crazy that people have to use the OTIB  forum to find out basic information 

Archived