IGNORED

Adam Johnson...

Steve Watts

Germany law has nothing to do with UK law, he knew what he was doing when he done it and deserved what he got. He could have done the same in Germany without punishment, but chose to do it here knowing the consequences.

Some countries/cultures think bestiality is fine, that also has nothing to with this case as you cannot just say "it is ok in **** so I shouldn't be punished".

I do think though that when it comes to actual sentences over here they are disproportionate to other crimes and seem to pick and choose at the time. The baby P killers should have got the death penalty imo or life with no chance of parole.

An example from me is yesterday I seen 3 people who got 17 years between them for selling illegal football streams. Granted they made half a million quid apparently but how can they get thoses sentences and the likes of Rolf Harris get less for abusing a 7 year old?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-47650835

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I don’t know about @nebristolreds views, but it is weird that so many european laws are uniform, whereas others  vary from country to country. 

Having said that, it’s even stranger in the USA where the age of consent varies from state to state, and they have had to introduce “sex tourist” legislation to stop people moving from state to state to have sex with 14 or 15 year olds. So if you were born in Alabama you can, but if you are visiting from New York, you can’t.

Even our own laws make no sense, you can have sex at 16, but not watch someone doing it until you are 18, for example. 

Yes it’s all a bit sordid I think. Why do some countries have such a young age of consent? Who makes these laws? Not the 14 year olds that’s for sure!

53 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

But it is true, it’s completely irrelevant. The age of consent in Germany has absolutely no relevance here. Why are you trying to make out it does? 

I'm not. You said 'law elsewhere is utterly irrelevant', a more general point than the one you're now making.

35 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Yes it’s all a bit sordid I think. Why do some countries have such a young age of consent? Who makes these laws? Not the 14 year olds that’s for sure!

It's just a sign of the times. It was far more common years ago - in the 1800's our own age of consent in the UK was just 12. Some countries are yet to 'modernise' so to speak.

15 hours ago, nebristolred said:

I'm not. You said 'law elsewhere is utterly irrelevant', a more general point than the one you're now making.

I didn’t say that. If you’re going to quote me, quote me.

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Just a reminder that this sick paedophile was jailed for grooming , kissing and touching a 15 year old female fan. 

So you all carry on with your pathetic jokes but not sure it's a laughing matter.

The guy is a scumbag and in no way am I defending him but he isn't a paedophile, he is a sex offendeer. Paedophile are attracted to pre-pubescent forms. Johnsons victim was a teenager. It does not make the crime more palatable, but does reflect society attitude in seeing all offences of this type as the same.

18 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

The guy is a scumbag and in no way am I defending him but he isn't a paedophile, he is a sex offendeer. Paedophile are attracted to pre-pubescent forms. Johnsons victim was a teenager. It does not make the crime more palatable, but does reflect society attitude in seeing all offences of this type as the same.

A paedophile is someone sexually attracted to children.....how ever much you want to want to dress it down a 15 year old is a child. 

So it's completely correct to call him this. A 28 year old male shouldn't be grooming, kissing or touching a 15 year old child. 

On 23/03/2019 at 10:08, maxjak said:

I do not understand how the law elsewhere can be Utterly Irrelevant?, i find that blinkered and ill considered.  However,  you are of course fully entitled to your opinion, unless of course opinions elsewhere are Utterly Irrelevant?

Do you think that you should be improsoned for having a few pints next weekend..? Because you would/could be if you were in some other countries. 

4 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Do you think that you should be improsoned for having a few pints next weekend..? Because you would/could be if you were in some other countries. 

If I understood what you are trying to express.............I would be more than happy to reply.  However as Emissionimpossibl suggests, lets just finiish here?

On 24/03/2019 at 09:07, RUSSEL85 said:

pre-pubescent or not. She was 15, he knew, he was 28.

He's a ******* paedophile!

Archived