IGNORED

Kalas Vs Kane

Silvio Dante

From a purely selfish point of view, this is great. I realise scouts aren’t fool enough to base things on one half (and it is one half, he was fine first half) but...

- If Chelsea saw this as a test at the top level, they’ll be thinking they should get rid

- It won’t put off people who’ve watched him a lot, but for armchair fans it’ll be “Kalas? After that second half? Hell no

- In short, the price and competition will have gone down a tad. Does that make it likely? No. Makes it less unlikely. And I’d still take the magnificent bastard here permanently in a heartbeat.

2 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

So that’s a penalty given away, Lost Kane for another, nearly scored an own goal , succeeded at the 2nd attempt and conceded five ! ! Could it have really gone much worse? 

Didn't get sent off...although that may have been a better outcome.

56 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Pedantic? Me?! I was playing on the faux outrage we get from many City fans when we are called Bristol by others....just a light-hearted jibe on a Friday night.... didn’t want my post to niggle you enough to post the word ‘crap’ - I apologise unreservedly to both yourself and @BCFCGav....

I will let you off this time ?international football always makes me grumpy and bored 

8 minutes ago, Taz said:

Few million off his price tag.... in fairness he hasn't had a great game. Perhaps theres a reason he hasn't been able to get games in the Prem? That being said I'd still take him tomorrow!!

Was thinking the same. Game seemed a bit too fast for him tonight. Although to be fair England were very good and kane is difficult to mark with him dropping deep a lot 

7 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

I will let you off this time ?international football always makes me grumpy and bored 

I’m with you Chief....I’m so not interested in the vast majority of international games....it’s mostly boring in my humble opinion...would much rather watch a full blooded clash between Walsall and Barnsley for example - isn’t that a fixture tomorrow?!

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

From a purely selfish point of view, this is great. I realise scouts aren’t fool enough to base things on one half (and it is one half, he was fine first half) but...

- If Chelsea saw this as a test at the top level, they’ll be thinking they should get rid

- It won’t put off people who’ve watched him a lot, but for armchair fans it’ll be “Kalas? After that second half? Hell no

- In short, the price and competition will have gone down a tad. Does that make it likely? No. Makes it less unlikely. And I’d still take the magnificent bastard here permanently in a heartbeat.

Agree,he’s playing against top top players tonight in a utter horse turd of a side and had a bit of a mare but would have him here tomorrow,regarding the price dropping to sign him is nonsense and nor will his wage demands which we will not ever meet 

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’m with you Chief....I’m so not interested in the vast majority of international games....it’s mostly boring in my humble opinion...would much rather watch a full blooded clash between Walsall and Barnsley for example - isn’t that a fixture tomorrow?!

It is,you can’t beat the bread and butter football where it matters 

1 hour ago, FlintSaidNo said:

Proper winds me up that. So many pundits get paid god knows how much to do no preparation and just rock up, watch a football match and spout the same nonsense that thousands of fans in pubs across the country could come out with. If your job is to be a football expert - which is what pundits are in essence - at the very least you should learn the player’s names! Imagine if you were watching BBC News and Laura Kuenssberg was going on about “that Conservative MP” or “the guy next to Corbyn”

You mean the one who always looks so sad and just nods her head in agreement with Jezza, like one of those dogs we used to see in the rear window of cars back in the 1970s? 

Well, he is up against Brazil on Tuesday so he should get an easier time (I am being serious).  The Czech side has been very poor in the last few years, especially when you consider how good they were in the nineties (lost to Germany in the finals of Euro 96) and 2 World Cup finals in their previous life with the Slovaks!

England were superb though.

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I realise scouts aren’t fool enough to base things on one half....but..

Scouts aren’t ‘fool enough’ - but people on here......after watching for a few minutes (on dodgy streams) or listening to radio commentaries...they are more than happy to declare that Kasey Palmer is world class and Marinovic is useless...

59 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Scouts aren’t ‘fool enough’ - but people on here......after watching for a few minutes (on dodgy streams) or listening to radio commentaries...they are more than happy to declare that Kasey Palmer is world class and Marinovic is useless...

Is that not true then ?

3 hours ago, New Dazzler said:

Well, he is up against Brazil on Tuesday so he should get an easier time (I am being serious).  The Czech side has been very poor in the last few years, especially when you consider how good they were in the nineties (lost to Germany in the finals of Euro 96) and 2 World Cup finals in their previous life with the Slovaks!

England were superb though.

Remember Euro 2004? Rosicky, Koller, Nedved.. What a sexy side to watch that was 

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I think that game was actually quite important from a scouting POV. They can't recommend a player if there's easily available evidence out there thay he's not ready.

Likewise, had any of those Czechs unexpectedly played out of their skin, their agents might have had phonecalls.

We call it the Dave Cotterill syndrome.

11 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s the first England match outside of the WC or Euros that I have watched in years, and I only watched last night due to Kalas. And likewise Thursday was only to see AG and Kelly & Dasilva. I love a good National League match too

Archived