• Maguire
  • Chilwell
  • Henderson
  • Dier
  • Alli
  • Sancho
  • Kane
  • Sterling

Just looked at the team, and I still can't stand the sight of Henderson and Dier in the same side, I know it gives the attacking players a platform to build from, but at Wembley, having those two in the side beggars belief.

Watching the replay of Kane’s penalty and seeing the amount of lights coming from people filming the penalty being taken was ridiculous, I get that the times have changed, but I’ll never understand why people pay a fair amount of £ to attend such a game and then watch their team take a penalty via a mobile phone whilst filming it, then post it on snapchat/instagram or whatever just to get ‘likes’ from their mates. Weirdo’s.

2 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Sterling has really come of age this season. There was a time where he would have missed those chances.

He looks very dangerous now, top, top player; about a year ago or so I used to slate him something terrible, can't think why now!

9 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

He looks very dangerous now, top, top player; about a year ago or so I used to slate him something terrible, can't think why now!

Pep has certainly brought the potential out in him.he used to be such a frustrating player. Would miss the easiest of chances. He's always got into goal scoring positions but is now converting them rather than skying them.

34 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Pep has certainly brought the potential out in him.he used to be such a frustrating player. Would miss the easiest of chances. He's always got into goal scoring positions but is now converting them rather than skying them.

Totally agree with you there UTC - Sterling was bumbling along at Liverpool under Rodgers and then he didn’t exactly set the world alight initially at Man City - but then Pep got hold of him and has shown what a great coach he is, as you say, he has really brought out the best in Sterling....I think it’s totally down to Pep....Sterling’s finishing used to be laughable, now he’s a confident player at the top of his game....Gareth Southgate should be sending an expensive bottle of red to Pep - top, top coach....

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Totally agree with you there UTC - Sterling was bumbling along at Liverpool under Rodgers and then he didn’t exactly set the world alight initially at Man City - but then Pep got hold of him and has shown what a great coach he is, as you say, he has really brought out the best in Sterling....I think it’s totally down to Pep....Sterling’s finishing used to be laughable, now he’s a confident player at the top of his game....Gareth Southgate should be sending an expensive bottle of red to Pep - top, top coach....

Pep is also going to do great things for the game of young Foden, he has already once referred to him as his present to English football.

18 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Every time Sterling used to have a goal scoring opportunity I used to instantly think he will miss this. I think he thought the same aswell and that's what Pep has changed in Sterling's mindset. I still have a few doubts every now and then but they are fastly fading. He's not even a striker and is already well over 20+ goals. 

It used to frustrate me greatly because we all knew there was a good player in there somewhere. 

I'm looking forward to watching the career of Foden too. Pep has already described him as an English Iniesta.

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Pep is a great coach, but it's no coincidence that Sterling's game has gone onto new levels as he gets older. He was ridiculously good for his age at 17, so he was always likely to go on to be a world class player imo.

I don't agree. How many other players have we seen come through with potential over the years that have slowly faded away into oblivion? Sterling very nearly became one of those players.

He has matured greatly over the past year or so. 

1 hour ago, Up The City! said:

I don't agree. How many other players have we seen come through with potential over the years that have slowly faded away into oblivion? Sterling very nearly became one of those players.

He has matured greatly over the past year or so. 

While I will sound like I am diminishing Pep’s impact on Sterling I have to say Sterling was not close to fading away into oblivion. Things happened for him quickly over his first 5 seasons on and off the pitch. Big move to Liverpool then to Man City all by 21-22 years old. Not easy to go to clubs like that and not feel the pressure especially at that age. 

Also feel like he was too quick at times. He didn’t know how to use his pace. The game will always slow down the more you play and just think he needed the time to do that. 

Now Pep has clearly made a huge impact to make Raheem a possible target for a club like Real Madrid(been links here and there and imagine he is on their list somewhere). That said think RS always had the ability and the end product was always going to catch up. Probably not to this level I will concede. 

Think my point is you can’t diminish either side too much. Raheem always had bags of potential that he was going to reach a good level. Pep probably got him to that level faster though and took him probably beyond what RS even thought he could do. 

Archived