IGNORED

The Macc Lads

Red-Robbo

8 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Sad I wasn't there, but in the end I decided to watch Half Man Half Biscuit in Exeter instead, so not all bad.

Possibly the only group to include a reference to Gerry Gow in one of their songs*

* This One's For Now .

If you have a two pence piece, you could go and phone someone who cares.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

Sad I wasn't there, but in the end I decided to watch Half Man Half Biscuit in Exeter instead, so not all bad.

Possibly the only group to include a reference to Gerry Gow in one of their songs*

* This One's For Now .

Got tickets for Macc Lads in Nov.

29 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Can you remember when that was Dave.I saw them there too.Reckon it would have been maybe 89/90 when I saw them.Absolutely crazy night.

Very jealous of you both. Some of their old gigs are on YouTube as well as a lot of the comeback stuff. 

13 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Very jealous of you both. Some of their old gigs are on YouTube as well as a lot of the comeback stuff. 

Such a same to think.the next generation of Bristoliololians will never get to go to the Bierkeller. 

49 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Can you remember when that was Dave.I saw them there too.Reckon it would have been maybe 89/90 when I saw them.Absolutely crazy night.

20 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

My bruv just sent me these.

0D9D8E81-6A86-4073-B7D8-A17CF57360E3.jpeg

D8592BAA-DAD7-4B8B-967A-3D2EFD492128.jpeg

55361B8E-0130-478C-B342-DFC20EFD38DE.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Such a same to think.the next generation of Bristoliololians will never get to go to the Bierkeller. 

I've seen some great gigs there, From Martha Reeves to the Damned , from the Strypes to the Icicle Works and the Buzzcocks , and I've never liked it as a venue. 

50 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I've seen some great gigs there, From Martha Reeves to the Damned , from the Strypes to the Icicle Works and the Buzzcocks , and I've never liked it as a venue. 

Icicle works now that’s a blast from the past saw them there a couple of times 

back when it was a fiver to get in happy days....

1 minute ago, sticks 1969 said:

Icicle works now that’s a blast from the past saw them there a couple of times 

back when it was a fiver to get in happy days....

Ian McNabb still tours with the Icicle Works set, saw him year or so ago. Brilliant and plays about 2 hours or more, very worth catching if you get a chance.

5 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Ian McNabb still tours with the Icicle Works set, saw him year or so ago. Brilliant and plays about 2 hours or more, very worth catching if you get a chance.

Ok mate I’ll bear that in mind  saw them 3 times in Bristol all about the 86 88 era top top band 

32 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Loudest gig I ever saw was at the Bierkeller. The Blues Band with Paul Jones on vocals. I couldn`t hear for a week.

Saw some cracking stuff there. All About Eve and The Men They Couldn`t Hang were particularly memorable.

Saw the TMTCH farewell tour there, just brilliant.

5 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Loudest gig I ever saw was at the Bierkeller. The Blues Band with Paul Jones on vocals. I couldn`t hear for a week.

Saw some cracking stuff there. All About Eve and The Men They Couldn`t Hang were particularly memorable.

Made me think of some of the Bierkeller gigs I attended: Dr and The Medics when there was a live broadcast by Whistle Test, The Chameleons, KRS-1/Boogie Down Productions, Fuzz Box/Ted Chippington. Sure there must be others.

2 hours ago, Mike Hunt-Hertz said:

The Macc Lads were the soundtrack to numerous away games, during the 89-90 promotion season.

Made me think of some of our away trips. A mate used to drive a lot, every trip started with "that's life" album by Sham. 

Archived