IGNORED

@julieh

bs3

13 minutes ago, bs3 said:

I’m  working in Reading but happy to get on a train and meet you at Paddington at 6pm in thePaddington arms 

Never threaten me with beer ...................... I'll be there !!!  Peroni for me if you get there first.

36 minutes ago, BigTone said:

You said you didn't at any point ask a question. Like it or not, you did. It's not me being a brick wall.

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Have you ever been banned from south Africa?

13 minutes ago, bs3 said:

This forum is run by p1cks by the same pr1cks supporting the pr1cks 

bloody pr1cks

2 minutes ago, reddoh said:

All in all you're just another brick in the wall.

Have you ever been banned from south Africa?

Never been actually. For some reason it has never appealed to me.

12 hours ago, bs3 said:

Not for the first time there was violent scenes at Ashton Gate yesterday but yet again no arrest,.

Why are the Police reluctant to prosecute other sporting fans but go after football fans with such vigor with early morning raids and announcing it on social media with such glee like you’ve arrested Europe’s most wanted..

It is not my perception that football fans are treated differently to Rugby fans  but it is plain to see it is a matter of fact .

I don't see why you're so surprised, the police have always punished different classes of society very differently. For example, after the riots in 2011 sentences were very harsh, e.g. a 23-year-old man was sentenced to six months in prison for stealing £3.50 worth of water. What happened to the really majors criminals, the bankers, whose crimes have caused massive damage to the cohesion of society and social unrest? Were they locked up? No, they mostly got away scot free or had their wrists slapped (maybe their knighthood removed) and banks were bailed out with public money.

19 hours ago, 29AR said:

Doesn’t make it irrelevant though does it. @JulieH is BCFC liaison officer and the question is why are football fans seemingly more harshly targeted by the force as per other sports. It would have been just as pertinent a question if it happened at the cricket ground. 

I think it fair to ask are all crimes treated equally and will the man hours go into the disorder at rugby as did v Swansea. The answer, I hope - and expect - is an emphatic yet. Otherwise it is a matter of police bias v football fans and yes that bad isn’t relevant to the BCFC liaison officer.  

Thank you for this

i have contacted the safety officer for the stadium to start enqs regarding this incident to ascertain facts regarding everything that happened 

An investigation is taking place and as soon as I can I will update you all.

it is correct that my role is football based however I have an * expert* knowledge of these type of offences and how they can be dealt with so it will be initially looked at by myself .

you are not correct on police bias of rugby v football, at least not in this force. Everything reported to us from the rugby has been dealt with in the same way as everything that gets reported from football.

prosecution decisions are based on offence, public interest and previouss convictions  and it is on these points alone that a decision is made as to disposal of individuals at both football and rugby 

happy to discuss further at fans meeting next week 

11 hours ago, Champion Dung Spreader said:

I don't see why you're so surprised, the police have always punished different classes of society very differently. For example, after the riots in 2011 sentences were very harsh, e.g. a 23-year-old man was sentenced to six months in prison for stealing £3.50 worth of water. What happened to the really majors criminals, the bankers, whose crimes have caused massive damage to the cohesion of society and social unrest? Were they locked up? No, they mostly got away scot free or had their wrists slapped (maybe their knighthood removed) and banks were bailed out with public money.

But the police didn’t sentence them, the courts did.

police did their role in putting people before the criminal justice system , we have no control over sentencing 

13 hours ago, 29AR said:

Because why does the rugby liaison officer care about views of BCFC fans?! They could say clear off to Julie it’s not my role to care what you football fans think.

C’mon man, you’re just being contrary now. 

There is no police rugby liaison officer.

it makes sense for me to start investigating with the contacts through the stadium 

23 hours ago, bs3 said:

Not for the first time there was violent scenes at Ashton Gate yesterday but yet again no arrest,.

Why are the Police reluctant to prosecute other sporting fans but go after football fans with such vigor with early morning raids and announcing it on social media with such glee like you’ve arrested Europe’s most wanted..

It is not my perception that football fans are treated differently to Rugby fans  but it is plain to see it is a matter of fact .

Yes it is your perception

no arrests on the day at Swansea either .

i have fully answered this at the end of the thread and again will update you once the investigations are complete 

Is it not simply a case that people are often arrested and charged for crimes that fall within the remit of the 1991 football offences act which comes with its own set of sentencing guidelines, whereas no such act was ever drafted for rugby because generally speaking, they behave?

Or is my thinking too simplistic and this is a more complicated issue.

22 hours ago, Spoons said:

Probably because there was very few if any police at the game.

And if anything like the clip on this thread has been posted on social media they will be all over it. 

Get it in your head we are policed differently at football because unfortunately we are all treated like the minority of idiots who spoil it for everyone else. That behaviour generally doesn't happen at rugby. 

Surely you know that?

There were no police at this rugby game .

there are often only 4 police spotters at city games other than  bigger ones, again more than happy to discuss this at fans meeting . It will be a surprise I suspect as to how police numbers are at football all over the uk 

20 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Retired fella.....so if so many ob were at Ashton gate that day who was doing the normal day to day police work?

Very few unfortunately 

most teams were running 3 under minimum strength.

local neighbourhood teams back filled and as said rest days were cancelled also . 

9 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is it not simply a case that people are often arrested and charged for crimes that fall within the remit of the 1991 football offences act which comes with its own set of sentencing guidelines, whereas no such act was ever drafted for rugby because generally speaking, they behave?

Or is my thinking too simplistic and this is a more complicated issue.

The public order act covers most sporting events including football, the football offence act is specific onkybto football and it is that act that on conviction can allow courts to issue football banning orders for certain offences. 

15 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

If you copy and paste those rates on this thread then I’ll tell you how far out you are. 

VTX7QPH5YJFUNNBBIEXCWNKXQY.jpg

This looks pretty official, but presumably it's wrong- which wouldn't be ideal for transparency, would it now? :dunno:

Now, as I said on the other thread this is in West Midlands- may differ between regions, but who knows? That latter graphic covers season 2017/18 and this season, looking for the source for this and next season but cannot find it.

https://www.westmidlands-pcc.gov.uk/media/480525/pcc-decision-006-2018-fees-and-charges-annex-1.pdf

Page 7, tables 9 and 10.

Cannot find the one for 2018 though, i.e. the original website where they sourced the table for this and next season from.

Will take a look at the Avon and Somerset one if it's available also.

Archived