IGNORED

young team next season

where's the joy

here's a starting team to consider;

unlikely perhaps but might get a run in the Carabao with a 3,1,3,2.1 formation next season

O'Leary

Vyner Webster Kelly

Moore

Morrell Brownhill Walsh

Eisa Eliason

Adelukan

subs; old boys like Pack, Smith, Diedjhou, Patterson, Wright

sold off COD, Baker, Watson

sent back; Da Silva ,Kalas, Palmer 

what team would you pick if you really want to give youth a chance? 

Worthwhile thoughts posted above, but if City make it to the P/O and then get promoted, will it be blank sheet of paper time?

Just to stay up, we'd have to replace many of the current squad and LJ might have to go cap in hand for extra cash.

No way will we be playing that many academy/young players next season. Against Ipswich we had a tired team going into the game, Ipswich were playing a lot of their younger players, and were more or less relegated (only 3 wins all season). That was probably the best chance all season to rest players or try some of the youngsters - O'Leary, Morrell, Kelly and Semenyo at least should have started that game - instead we just got Kelly. So in optimum circumstances we are not really trusting these players, how Moore, Vyner etc will be trusted / be included as starters next season, not going to happen.

31 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Why not Da Silva?

Still not sure about him to be fair. Won't be cheap either. Probably the one out of the three I'd be most interested in signing.

He's very neat and tidy, just worry a bit about him defensively and physically. If you can get Hunt for £1.6m could we get a solid LB for similar?

12 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Still not sure about him to be fair. Won't be cheap either. Probably the one out of the three I'd be most interested in signing.

He's very neat and tidy, just worry a bit about him defensively and physically. If you can get Hunt for £1.6m could we get a solid LB for similar?

3m for a player which will only get better and have his value increase. No brainer for me.

3 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

3m for a player which will only get better and have his value increase. No brainer for me.

Heard it was closer to 5. 

As a left back in a back four I don’t think he’s defensively solid enough, as a wing back he’d be excellent

21 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

I think if we can get Webster for the amount that Dasilva is rumoured to cost I think we could find a better deal value-wise for a LB.

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

I think if we can get Webster for the amount that Dasilva is rumoured to cost I think we could find a better deal value-wise for a LB.

The fee for Webster can rise to £8m. The deal for JDS doesn’t get anywhere near that sort of number.

25 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Heard it was closer to 5. 

As a left back in a back four I don’t think he’s defensively solid enough, as a wing back he’d be excellent

Hunt and Dasilva seem a better fit as wing backs and we have a shed load of CBs. So 3-5-2 would seem ideal for playing to the strengths of the squad he's got.

It puzzles me that LJ doesn't want to go that way. OK for the last 20 mins as a Plan B but he doesn't fancy starting that way it seems.

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

Hunt and Dasilva seem a better fit as wing backs and we have a shed load of CBs. So 3-5-2 would seem ideal for playing to the strengths of the squad he's got.

It puzzles me that LJ doesn't want to go that way. OK for the last 20 mins as a Plan B but he doesn't fancy starting that way it seems.

A back three of Webster Kalas and Kelly would have the potential to be quality, I still think we would need a quality striker alongside diedhiou for us to play 3-5-2 though 

9 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

The fee for Webster can rise to £8m. The deal for JDS doesn’t get anywhere near that sort of number.

Not sure if it will rise to £8m, guess depends if we go up before he moves on.

Dasilva is a good player but not sure he's worth spending £3-5m. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

cant see moore being a starter any time soon. 

45 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

One for the future...

“....still developing, needs time...” etc etc etc....yet he played in the French top flight with Lens prompting Lyon to bid 10m Euros for him, which was turned down....with Lens saying he was worth 15m .....but he’s not ready, still developing, one for the future etc etc - the same tiresome rhetoric we keep hearing....

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He played about a dozen games for Lens in ligue 2 didn't he? Are you sure Lyon bidded 10 million when we only paid 1.5? He is one for the future isn't he. He's only 21 and nowhere near his prime.

Kelly, Brownhill, Eliasson, O'Dowda were all once not involved much but are all now regulars. Vyner I expect takes Pisano's place next season and is involved a lot in the first team squad. Adelakun possibly comes in for O'Dowda who might move on. I expect Walsh to kick on next season. LJ will play these young players when they are ready. 

No idea where he would play ar champ level though.

7 hours ago, Shtanley said:

Maenpaa

Hunt Webster Kelly Pring/New LB

Eliasson Brownhill Pack Paterson

Semenyo

Diedhiou

No qualms if that's our team next season. Forza pathway. 

Personally wouldn't sign any of the Chelsea loanees atm.

I’d have huge concerns if Pring were to even be back up left back. Can’t/Couldn’t get into two league 2 teams. 

2 hours ago, robin_unreliant said:

Maybe he will next season , however you really need a full pre-season to coach such a change in shape, or bring in players that are used to playing that system - which isn’t going to happen.

The problem with playing three at the back in the Championship is that most team only play one central striker and you then have space left elsewhere if you play a three and when the opposition play 4-3-3 you leave lots of gaps if you go man for man at the back. To counter that you pull your wing backs in and you become a 5 and then limit the pace that you can attack at.

Archived