IGNORED

young team next season

where's the joy

2 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

I’d have huge concerns if Pring were to even be back up left back. Can’t/Couldn’t get into two league 2 teams. 

Yep, the key element to the 'if you're good enough you're old enough ' quote is the good enough bit.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He played about a dozen games for Lens in ligue 2 didn't he? Are you sure Lyon bidded 10 million when we only paid 1.5? He is one for the future isn't he. He's only 21 and nowhere near his prime.....

Taylor Moore played four or five games for Lens in Ligue 1 in 2014/2015 - and regarding the Lyon FC 10m euros bid for him, not sure how good your French is, but it’s all here: https://maligue2.fr/2016/01/10/lyon-voulait-taylor-moore-pour-10-me-et-le-veut-encore/

.......the headline translates as....”Lyon wanted Taylor Moore for 10m euros and still do...”

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Taylor Moore played four or five games for Lens in Ligue 1 in 2014/2015 - and regarding the Lyon FC 10m euros bid for him, not sure how good your French is, but it’s all here: https://maligue2.fr/2016/01/10/lyon-voulait-taylor-moore-pour-10-me-et-le-veut-encore/

.......the headline translates as....”Lyon wanted Taylor Moore for 10m euros and still do...”

Yes cos everything on websites is true! Always. 

Why would they accept £1.5m and turn down £10m?! Ha

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

Yes cos everything on websites is true! Always. 

Why would they accept £1.5m and turn down £10m?! Ha

So, Bury FC was openly publicising lies too?! 

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/confirmed-taylor-moore-in-on-loan/

And here it is mentioned in an interview with Lee Johnson:

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/6005/big-interview-bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson/

And on the respected Football News France website: (120k followers on Twitter including lots of journos etc)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/taylor-moore-close-to-lens-departure/

More lies?! Ha...

49 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

So, Bury FC was openly publicising lies too?! 

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/confirmed-taylor-moore-in-on-loan/

And here it is mentioned in an interview with Lee Johnson:

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featured/6005/big-interview-bristol-city-boss-lee-johnson/

And on the respected Football News France website: (120k followers on Twitter including lots of journos etc)

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2016/taylor-moore-close-to-lens-departure/

More lies?! Ha...

Oh come on! It’s all came from the same lies source. It’s one lie that has spread. 

17 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

“....still developing, needs time...” etc etc etc....yet he played in the French top flight with Lens prompting Lyon to bid 10m Euros for him, which was turned down....with Lens saying he was worth 15m .....but he’s not ready, still developing, one for the future etc etc - the same tiresome rhetoric we keep hearing....

Was very close to the first team squad and seen getting lots of praise from Johnson during the training camp.

Picked up an injury around the time of the season starting which meant with what we had we were short on cover, Kalas came in and so Moore went on loan once fit.

Oh come on! It’s all came from the same lies source. It’s one lie that has spread. 

I’ve worked in media relations for decades....and have facilitated hundreds of interviews between the broadcast media/press and people in very senior positions in organisations. Using the interview with LJ, to which I posted a link above, as an example - the way it normally works is that a reporter will give an indication of the sort of questions they will want to ask in advance and this is agreed with the communications team. Then the comms team will brief the interviewee before they are exposed to the reporter.

Then afterwards the reporter will send a draft of the interview to the comms team to be checked factually. They won’t allow any changes or amends to anything unless they have made a factual error. So interviews are checked for factual accuracy and signed off prior to publication. So, LJ’s comms team would surely not have allowed an interview with him to be published that contained blatant lies about Taylor Moore, as you seem to be making out?

Also, in my experience, when an interviewed is published, the interviewee is very keen to see it asap and they scrutinise it greatly to ensure everything is correct, they give the comms team a very hard time if something is blatantly incorrect and demand apologies and corrections are published.

So, given LJs obvious ego, do you really think he’d have ignored a ‘blatant lie’ about Taylor Moore, within an extensive interview about himself, to go unchallenged? And what about Taylor himself, don’t you think he may have said to Bury FC, “I’ve seen that press release you issued about me joining you, where the hell did you get that €10m story from? It’s rubbish.” ?? If he had, then it would have been discreetly deleted from the story on their website. Yet it’s still there....

How do you know it’s a ‘lie’ anyway?  And you mention you know the Taylor Moore story came from a ‘lies source’ - who is that?

48 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve worked in media relations for decades....and have facilitated hundreds of interviews between the broadcast media/press and people in very senior positions in organisations. Using the interview with LJ, to which I posted a link above, as an example - the way it normally works is that a reporter will give an indication of the sort of questions they will want to ask in advance and this is agreed with the communications team. Then the comms team will brief the interviewee before they are exposed to the reporter.

Then afterwards the reporter will send a draft of the interview to the comms team to be checked factually. They won’t allow any changes or amends to anything unless they have made a factual error. So interviews are checked for factual accuracy and signed off prior to publication. So, LJ’s comms team would surely not have allowed an interview with him to be published that contained blatant lies about Taylor Moore, as you seem to be making out?

Also, in my experience, when an interviewed is published, the interviewee is very keen to see it asap and they scrutinise it greatly to ensure everything is correct, they give the comms team a very hard time if something is blatantly incorrect and demand apologies and corrections are published.

So, given LJs obvious ego, do you really think he’d have ignored a ‘blatant lie’ about Taylor Moore, within an extensive interview about himself, to go unchallenged? And what about Taylor himself, don’t you think he may have said to Bury FC, “I’ve seen that press release you issued about me joining you, where the hell did you get that €10m story from? It’s rubbish.” ?? If he had, then it would have been discreetly deleted from the story on their website. Yet it’s still there....

How do you know it’s a ‘lie’ anyway?  And you mention you know the Taylor Moore story came from a ‘lies source’ - who is that?

It looks good on the club and Moore if he is branded as a £10m centre back so they would be happy for that to stand. 

I meant that I believe the original source of the now widespread £10m lie is a lie. You are saying it isn’t. We disagree. No worries.

It looks good on the club and Moore if he is branded as a £10m centre back so they would be happy for that to stand. 

I meant that I believe the original source of the now widespread £10m lie is a lie. You are saying it isn’t. We disagree. No worries.

Happy to agree to disagree - although, as I said, it was €10m not £ - cheers...

3 hours ago, RedDave said:

Same height as Kalas 

He is taller than Kalas. Taylor is at least 6’1. 

I believe Taylor has great potential still but not sure he will reach it here. Needs to be playing CB for us next season and not sure he is up to Kelly, Webster, Baker or Wright standards who will all be here next season contract wise. 

I want us to embrace youth at the club but we seem to be hesitant. It is often the older squad players let us down rather than the young ones. Maybe expectation play a part in that. 

For me I would not pursue Kalas but would pursue Palmer and Dasilva with COD money(think he is sold). Then I would spend big on a striker(5-8m). Everywhere else we need to embrace the youth. See more of Bakinson and Morrell to spell Pack and Brownhill. See more of Semenyo to spell Diedhiou and new striker. See more of Adelakun and Eliasson to replace COD and spell Weimann and the other starter. Use Vyner and Moore to back up RB. Use Max as #2 and cup keeper. 

I believe we can still use more minutes on young players and be just as competitive if not more. 

2 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

I believe Taylor has great potential still but not sure he will reach it here. Needs to be playing CB for us next season and not sure he is up to Kelly, Webster, Baker or Wright standards who will all be here next season contract wise. 

I want us to embrace youth at the club but we seem to be hesitant. It is often the older squad players let us down rather than the young ones. Maybe expectation play a part in that. 

For me I would not pursue Kalas but would pursue Palmer and Dasilva with COD money(think he is sold). Then I would spend big on a striker(5-8m). Everywhere else we need to embrace the youth. See more of Bakinson and Morrell to spell Pack and Brownhill. See more of Semenyo to spell Diedhiou and new striker. See more of Adelakun and Eliasson to replace COD and spell Weimann and the other starter. Use Vyner and Moore to back up RB. Use Max as #2 and cup keeper. 

I believe we can still use more minutes on young players and be just as competitive if not more. 

Taylor Moore doesn’t need to be playing centre back for us next season. He can go out on loan again and play for us the season after.  Youngsters improve 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Taylor Moore doesn’t need to be playing centre back for us next season. He can go out on loan again and play for us the season after.  Youngsters improve 

Is next season the final year of his contract or does the club have the option to extend ?

If he spends next season on loan and excels he won't surely feel any loyalty towards City, who have shown little faith in him - not saying they should have played him by the way.

I find it queer that a club such as ourselves can afford to take a punt with a good lump of money and three years down the line he still isn't deemed good enough for our level.

Is he tearing up League One ? genuine question.

Of course they do but he is in danger of always having someone in front of him at the moment. Things change quickly in football of course but his contract is not long term and we now have to convince a championship club he can make them better as is the only step left for him before our first team. My only point being he needs to start being more convincing. Right now if all our CBs were with us he’d be 7th choice. That is a long way to climb. Who is to say he doesn’t end up wanting to move on because he hasn’t gotten chances? How I view it anyway. 

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

If we are gonna embrace youth, we need to let Eros Pisano’s contract run down - but we also need to decide if Vyner or Moore are gonna be able to play RB in the top-half of the Champ as cover for Hunt.  If LJ is going to play Wright there then he might as well let them go and further their careers elsewhere.

We have seen that some youngsters are never gonna be in favour under LJ.

6 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

If we are gonna embrace youth, we need to let Eros Pisano’s contract run down - but we also need to decide if Vyner or Moore are gonna be able to play RB in the top-half of the Champ as cover for Hunt.  If LJ is going to play Wright there then he might as well let them go and further their careers elsewhere.

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If we want to embrace youth we have to accept two things,

1. We won’t get promoted anytime soon. We might make some good money selling players on but we won’t be in the PL. In fact, we might start flirting with our old ‘crush’ Div 1.

2.  We will be looking for a new HC. I think LJ will be looking to spend some money this summer, I feel his frustration and whilst he is still a young coach I think he wants to get to the PL ASAP. Going down the youth route is unlikely to encourage him to believe that is going to happen soon.

17 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

If we want to embrace youth we have to accept two things,

1. We won’t get promoted anytime soon. We might make some good money selling players on but we won’t be in the PL. In fact, we might start flirting with our old ‘crush’ Div 1.

2.  We will be looking for a new HC. I think LJ will be looking to spend some money this summer, I feel his frustration and whilst he is still a young coach I think he wants to get to the PL ASAP. Going down the youth route is unlikely to encourage him to believe that is going to happen soon.

Jimmy Sovile  embraced youth , that went well .

Archived