IGNORED

Yeovil Town

Redandwhitescarf

I’m sure in person Darren Way May be the nicest, funniest most engaging person. However, he comes across on the radio as singularly uninspiring. 

A club like Yeovil need a leader who motivates. DW sounds like he’d drive you to drink through boredom. The only surprise here is that they’ve sacked him - I believe that bang in this run of form they gave him a contract extension!

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t like to see any manager sacked, but this one should’ve been done a while ago.  I fear his post-match interviews on BBCRB, he trots out the same stuff defeat after defeat.

'I trust my boys' was one I never warmed to I must say. Considering their inexorable decline they clearly never trusted him.

10 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Only one man for the job......Calum the Yeovil fan who rings up radio Bristol to moan bit doesn't ever watch them play! 

Think it was revealed on here a few years back that Callum doesn’t go because he has severe learning difficulties.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t like to see any manager sacked, but this one should’ve been done a while ago.  I fear his post-match interviews on BBCRB, he trots out the same stuff defeat after defeat.

Must admit I always find him very hard to listen to, uninspiring. I think his long history with the club has kept him there, especially after his recovery from that terrible accident, fair play for that. Perhaps they felt they owed him? As you say I too agree that his time there should have been over a while ago.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Would GJ fancy another go? All joking aside, they could do a lot worse than Dopey Daryl though. Whatever else he may be he does seem to be able to get underperforming and distinctly average players going. I`d fancy him to keep them up TBH.

There downward spiral started the day GJ got them to the Championship, ( hear me out!) he did the same at Yeovil as he did here. He spent every penny that club had on players and loans, but put absolutely no foundations in place for the future. He had got rid of the whole youth system at the club, there was no reserve side, and he bought in about a dozen loans. 

Everyone knew they couldn’t survive in the Championship, but instead of steadying the club and putting a plan in place for the future ,GJ gambled and went hung ho. 

One season in the Championship for Yeovil, and since then a downward spiral. 

Just remember the 4-5 seasons after he left City, average players earning big wages and manager after manager that tried to sweep up GJ’s mess. 

Yes, GJ gave us and Yeovil a couple of very good seasons, but when he leaves a club it takes several years for that club to get itself right. 

2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

There downward spiral started the day GJ got them to the Championship, ( hear me out!) he did the same at Yeovil as he did here. He spent every penny that club had on players and loans, but put absolutely no foundations in place for the future. He had got rid of the whole youth system at the club, there was no reserve side, and he bought in about a dozen loans. 

Everyone knew they couldn’t survive in the Championship, but instead of steadying the club and putting a plan in place for the future ,GJ gambled and went hung ho. 

One season in the Championship for a yeovil and since then a downward spiral. 

Just remember the 4-5 seasons after he left City, average players earning big wages and manager after manager that tried to sweep up GJ’s mess. 

Yes, GJ gave us and Yeovil a couple of very good seasons, but when he leaves a club it takes several years for that club to get itself right. 

Oh I agree 100% mate. Getting to the championship was absolutely the worst thing to ever happen to Yeovil and they`re still paying for it now.

13 hours ago, archie andrews said:

Even more tinpot than rovers and that saying something....

No way are Yeovil more tinpot than Rovers,  far better ground for a start, smaller club than Rovers but Yeovil has a population of 45000 so what do you expect. Without turning this into a Gas thread I don't think there is a more tinpot club in the football league than the famous Rovers

13 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

The take-over will now go ahead. Heard that the new owner wasn't overly impressed that Fry had given Way a new 3 year contract. Sounds like for the take-over to go through Fry would have to fire Way and pay the compensation.

Who’s taking over the club?

Can't see Clarke or Hurst taking that job. 

Jamie McAllister was in the running when Sturrock got the job. Not sure if he'd leave his current position here though, especially if the rumours are true that he'll step in if Johnson ever goes. 

Archived