IGNORED

England game at the Gate?

BCFC Rich

And in one word is the problem with Ashton Gate ONLY, real shame we could not get ashton vale over the line, think in the future we will come to regret it, our current capacity is ok for now but ultimately it will hold us back from really competing for a top 8 place in the prem, and yes I know my view is not very popular among some of our support who say we will never need much more capacity I believe they are wrong.

7 hours ago, pillred said:

And in one word is the problem with Ashton Gate ONLY, real shame we could not get ashton vale over the line, think in the future we will come to regret it, our current capacity is ok for now but ultimately it will hold us back from really competing for a top 8 place in the prem, and yes I know my view is not very popular among some of our support who say we will never need much more capacity I believe they are wrong.

We have plans to expand the stadium to 36,000 if we need to.

8 hours ago, pillred said:

Personally I disagree. 

Our capacity is currenty perfect and we can upgrade if needs be. 

If we did have a 42000 capacity stadium that was half empty every week the atmosphere would be even worse than it is now, it would look much like Sunderland last season... 

9 hours ago, pillred said:

Not sure we (as a club) will regret it, it wasn't the clubs decision to pull the plug.

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

Personally I disagree. 

Our capacity is currenty perfect and we can upgrade if needs be. 

If we did have a 42000 capacity stadium that was half empty every week the atmosphere would be even worse than it is now, it would look much like Sunderland last season... 

still have the atyeo end problem with the houses, and where could we expand?

1 minute ago, pillred said:

still have the atyeo end problem with the houses, and where could we expand?

I'm pretty certain I've heard there's scope to add another tier onto the south stand. 

Or bring the Atyeo in a bit, join it up with the rest of the ground and add another tier there? 

The national game should be played around the country as it is in many other countries. Therefore, whether a relatively tiny stadium or not, AG is the best in the west so should get the odd game as should Old Trafford, St James Park, Villa Park and Carrow Road.

I personally hate Wembley.

Stick the tv cameras in the Dolman somehow and the ground would look pretty big on screen.

29 minutes ago, Hillzider said:

Mark Kelly confirmed last week that its the clubs ambition to host a full international.

Seems to think the capacity does not rule it out.

From 51:30

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p07238v3

Amazing coincidence.

Only the other day, Wally said it was his ambition that the Mem host an international scouting jamboree.

#Ging-gang-goolie

15 hours ago, North London Red said:

For whatever it’s worth, I’m in Podgorica tonight ahead of tomorrow night’s game v Montenegro, and have heard rumours from a couple of sources that Ashton Gate is very much in the frame for an England game in the near future. 

Have a great time! We couldn't get tickets and didn't want to go without as it was expensive. We've booked up for the nations league (both games) and also Czech and Bulgaria away.

I'd be surprised if the Montenegro game was away from Wembley, as the Kosovo home qualifier in September has now been confirmed as 'somewhere else', although the location has not been finalised. I'm frankly not a fan of moving from Wembley, where a poor attendance for a qualifier is 60000+ (80OOO + on Friday). Mancs and Geordies etc are always moaning and saying how fanatical they are, then when a game is moved out of London it often doesn't sell out. Gotta travel to somewhere - unless it's the Gate - and frankly London's as good a place as any, with a tube and trains to everywhere.  

Archived