IGNORED

England game at the Gate?

BCFC Rich

20 hours ago, North London Red said:

For whatever it’s worth, I’m in Podgorica tonight ahead of tomorrow night’s game v Montenegro, and have heard rumours from a couple of sources that Ashton Gate is very much in the frame for an England game in the near future. 

Any chance that you can  nip down to the front and set fire to that Gas England flag that burns my eyes whenever the camera settles upon it? Please?

I know you'll check OTIB at ht - even 15ers do that. Apparently.

11 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

Any chance that you can  nip down to the front and set fire to that Gas England flag that burns my eyes whenever the camera settles upon it? Please?

I know you'll check OTIB at ht - even 15ers do that. Apparently.

and the **** that put it there

12 hours ago, Loon plage said:

The national game should be played around the country as it is in many other countries. Therefore, whether a relatively tiny stadium or not, AG is the best in the west so should get the odd game as should Old Trafford, St James Park, Villa Park and Carrow Road.

I personally hate Wembley.

Stick the tv cameras in the Dolman somehow and the ground would look pretty big on screen.

They did this for the rugby a few weeks ago (Dolman was shut due to a low crowd) and the angle looked miles better.

21 hours ago, pillred said:

And in one word is the problem with Ashton Gate ONLY, real shame we could not get ashton vale over the line, think in the future we will come to regret it, our current capacity is ok for now but ultimately it will hold us back from really competing for a top 8 place in the prem, and yes I know my view is not very popular among some of our support who say we will never need much more capacity I believe they are wrong.

Competing for the Top 8 in the prem?  With all due respect, that’s never going to happen, you need to update your meds.  We can’t even get in the Prem, let alone bothering the top 8 needing 40,000 stadium!

FYI Leicester won the Prem with 30,000 capacity.

21 hours ago, pillred said:

And in one word is the problem with Ashton Gate ONLY, real shame we could not get ashton vale over the line, think in the future we will come to regret it, our current capacity is ok for now but ultimately it will hold us back from really competing for a top 8 place in the prem, and yes I know my view is not very popular among some of our support who say we will never need much more capacity I believe they are wrong.

It’d be nice to be competing for a top 8 place in the Championship first, before we worry about the prem!

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

How can we bring the Atyeo in a bit? It would encroach onto the pitch....

It’s currently around 10-15 yards away from the pitch, if we brought it in a few yards and built on top of it I reckon it could work

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Instead of criticising Sterling for taunting the home fans there, maybe Tyldesley should be asking why he might have done it...

Agreed, thought that was odd. Whilst I agree he probably shouldn’t have done it, there’s been no mention of any abuse he might have been receiving

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

It’s currently around 10-15 yards away from the pitch, if we brought it in a few yards and built on top of it I reckon it could work

Is it really that far back from the pitch?! I didn’t realise that, so much further back than the South Stand then? Height would still be an issue I think though, something to do with not restricting the light for the houses behind...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Is it really that far back from the pitch?! I didn’t realise that, so much further back than the South Stand then? Height would still be an issue I think though, something to do with not restricting the light for the houses behind...

Looking at the Swansea highlights I think it is. 

Although that may be different for the rugby I’m not completely sure. 

The light point is valid though, hadn’t thought of that. 

Im still certain we could add another tier onto the south stand either way

3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Looking at the Swansea highlights I think it is. 

Although that may be different for the rugby I’m not completely sure. 

The light point is valid though, hadn’t thought of that. 

Im still certain we could add another tier onto the south stand either way

It doesn’t look like a 10-15 yard gap from the back of the net to the front of the stand in the pic below? The Atyeo is the obvious ‘white elephant’ of the stadium though, our capacity is absolutely fine for now, but if we wanted to expand, putting an extra tier on the South Stand would just make the Atyeo look even more insignificant....

5A351A2F-E010-4E43-A410-5B86B91C8372.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Instead of criticising Sterling for taunting the home fans there, maybe Tyldesley should be asking why he might have done it...

Just been said there was racist chanting.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It doesn’t look like a 10-15 yard gap from the back of the net to the front of the stand in the pic below? The Atyeo is the obvious ‘white elephant’ of the stadium though, our capacity is absolutely fine for now, but if we wanted to expand, putting an extra tier on the South Stand would just make the Atyeo look even more insignificant....

5A351A2F-E010-4E43-A410-5B86B91C8372.jpeg

That picture doesn’t really do the gap between the boards and the seats much justice tbh. 

Either way, even if it is just joining it up with the dolman and lansdown, something needs to be done about it, as it does look incredibly lonely out there on its own...

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

That picture doesn’t really do the gap between the boards and the seats much justice tbh. 

Either way, even if it is just joining it up with the dolman and lansdown, something needs to be done about it, as it does look incredibly lonely out there on its own...

‘Lonely’ is a superb word to describe the Atyeo Stand! 

2 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Competing for the Top 8 in the prem?  With all due respect, that’s never going to happen, you need to update your meds.  We can’t even get in the Prem, let alone bothering the top 8 needing 40,000 stadium!

FYI Leicester won the Prem with 30,000 capacity.

Nice to see so much ambition and belief, thank god I don't have such a defeatist attitude, yes it may never happen but it's because of people such as yourself that the club can tick along safe in the knowledge they will always have your undying support, your meds are obviously working as your happy in your own little happy bubble.

I think for a first full competitive international- it'd be someone like Kosovo personally. Unless that's already confirmed as being somewhere else?

Though, Montenegro have generally (okay not tonight) been competitive opponents. Opponent doesn't really matter I guess- a full competitive international against whoever would be great.

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

This. 

Will never understand the people who say that the players should just ignore the racist chanting aimed in their direction, how is that making them stop?? Think it was (not sure) Prince Boateng whilst in Italy walked off in protest at the abuse aimed at him yet was carded by the ref! Fair play to Sterling for giving it back.

7 hours ago, pillred said:

Nice to see so much ambition and belief, thank god I don't have such a defeatist attitude, yes it may never happen but it's because of people such as yourself that the club can tick along safe in the knowledge they will always have your undying support, your meds are obviously working as your happy in your own little happy bubble.

There is a difference between being realistic and being defeatist, and our lack of history of finishing in the Top 8 in the Top flight would back up my realism wouldn’t you say?

• Admin
11 hours ago, Super said:

Just been said there was racist chanting.

Raheem Sterling and Callum Hudson-Odoi condemned the "unacceptable" racist abuse of England players during their 5-1 win in Montenegro.

Racist chanting was directed at a number of England players, including Danny Rose, during the Euro 2020 qualifier in Podgorica.

Manager Gareth Southgate said the incidents will be reported to European football's governing body Uefa.

"It's unacceptable," he added. "I heard abuse of Rose when he got booked."

He told BBC Radio 5 Live: "There's no doubt in my mind it happened. I know what I heard. We have to make sure our players feel supported, they know the dressing room is there and we as a group of staff are there for them.

"We have to report it through the correct channels. It is clear that so many people have heard it and we have to continue to make strides in our country and trust the authorities to take the right action."

What happened?

After only six minutes, BBC Radio 5 Live commentator Ian Dennis said he heard racist chants when Tottenham left-back Rose was in possession. BBC football correspondent John Murray also said he heard the chanting throughout the game and spoke to pitch-side photographers who described the abuse the England players received as "disgusting".

Sterling scored England's fifth goal in the 81st minute and celebrated by putting his hands to his ears, a gesture he later said was a response to the racist abuse.

In injury time Rose was booked following a strong challenge on Aleksandar Boljevic, with more racist chants aimed at the 28-year-old.

Archived