IGNORED

are the EFL play off dates the wrong way round?

The Championship final is usually the last one. A dramatic conclusion to the season. 

This has varied before, on tournament years, but I like it being the last game of the FL season. 

The only query I’d have is having the most valuable game in world football, played on a pitch that’s had 2 games in the previous 2 days. Although that’s never recently damaged the pitch, so it’s not really a concern. 

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

League Two play off final - Saturday 25 May 2019

League One play off final - Sunday 26 May 2019

Championship play off final - Monday 27 May 2019

I always think if we made the final (and won) it would be a shame to have to go back to work the next day after a night of how shall I put it um refreshment!

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

I always think if we made the final (and won) it would be a shame to have to go back to work the next day after a night of how shall I put it um refreshment!

I doubt there would be many people making it to work on the Tuesday..!

City fans on holiday from Monday 7 May 2019 :whistle2::sad26:

I think that's the way it should be.

Having the Championship play off final first seems arse backwards to me.

1 minute ago, Dollymarie said:

Take That gig at Ashton Gate on the Tuesday mind! 

I’m flying abroad at 8am on the Tuesday morning. Need to be able to get up and to the airport for 6am!

Thankfully on an all inclusive holiday, so any celebrating would recommence on landing..!

54 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

Last season the Championship game was played first due to the World Cup - it allowed players involved in both to have two extra days off to recover - otherwise Championship playoff final has always been on the Bank Holiday Monday. 

Well us vs Hull wasn't 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If we got promoted to the premier league I’d need a week off at least!

I remember 20th April 1976 and on the Wednesday morning, looking at others and asking "Did it really happen last night|?

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If we got promoted to the premier league I’d need a week off at least!

I don't for one moment imagine we'll finish top six this season, but in the unthinkable event that we did win the playoff final then no, I wouldn't be working at all in the following week. Obviously. It would take at least that long to get back to Bristol through the chemical haze from London.

We're Bristol City, we work when we want. 

3 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

Last season the Championship game was played first due to the World Cup - it allowed players involved in both to have two extra days off to recover - otherwise Championship playoff final has always been on the Bank Holiday Monday. 

You didn’t go to the 2008 championship play off final then?!

You didn’t go to the 2008 championship play off final then?!

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Championship game first in even years, due to Euros and World Cup. In odd years it is played last. 

Yes I did but this decision hadn’t been made then!  I was only passing on information that had clearly been forgotten!

it was widely advertised at the time for the reason behind why the Championship match was played on the Saturday and not the Monday.

Btw been a City fan since 1968 (my first match a 4-3 win v Sunderland) - and seen more games than most have had hot dinners!

Archived