IGNORED

Is this the longest break....

Tinmans Love Child

25 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Is this the longest break mid- season we’ve ever had?  I’ve almost forgotten the season hasn’t finished!  There can be no tiredness excuses that’s for sure!

Will all English divisions get effected by the 2022 world cup?

32 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Is this the longest break mid- season we’ve ever had?  I’ve almost forgotten the season hasn’t finished!  There can be no tiredness excuses that’s for sure!

I know what you mean. It's really annoying. Appreciate our forms want great but this amount of down time can make things worse - especially with our recent record. 

39 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Don’t worry....people will trot out the old ‘our players look knackered’ excuses should we have a few more dodgy results and performances...

• Admin
21 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

It was only one weekend off, the same for all other international breaks

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes - loads of threads on here throughout this season have mentioned it....and some quite recently too...

Ah, fair enough. I definitely do think it was fair comment last season - just judging what I saw with my own eyes towards the final third of the season, the intensity just dropped - but I don't see how it applies this season.

It's worth saying, too, for those that are concerned we're flogging Famar Diedhiou - his season started a month later than everyone else's and it took him another half a dozen games after that to establish himself as a starter!

10 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Ah, fair enough. I definitely do think it was fair comment last season - just judging what I saw with my own eyes towards the final third of the season, the intensity just dropped - but I don't see how it applies this season.

It's worth saying, too, for those that are concerned we're flogging Famar Diedhiou - his season started a month later than everyone else's and it took him another half a dozen games after that to establish himself as a starter!

.....for a minute there I thought we’d got our money back!

On 25/03/2019 at 21:40, BS4 on Tour... said:

Don’t worry....people will trot out the old ‘our players look knackered’ excuses should we have a few more dodgy results and performances...

The tiredness thing, from last season, is an interesting one.

Burton Albion went as deep as us in this season's League Cup, and their record since the return leg v Man City is: P11 W4 D5 L2. I am not aware of their January transfer activity but that is pretty good going, considering the hiding they took v Man City. They were 13th at the time of that second leg, now they are 10th.

So, no obvious signs of fatigue at little Burton Albion. Thus far. 

Our record in the 11 games post Man City was: W3 D5 L3; not much different but we went downhill from the end of January and Burton have improved.

9 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

The tiredness thing, from last season, is an interesting one.

Burton Albion went as deep as us in this season's League Cup, and their record since the return leg v Man City is: P11 W4 D5 L2. I am not aware of their January transfer activity but that is pretty good going, considering the hiding they took v Man City. They were 13th at the time of that second leg, now they are 10th.

So, no obvious signs of fatigue at little Burton Albion. Thus far. 

Our record in the 11 games post Man City was: W3 D5 L3; not much different but we went downhill from the end of January and Burton have improved.

Did Burton retain their “lower level” Championship squad to compete in League One, mid table at that? Serious question - I don’t know at all. If so then they are underperforming in the league relatively.

We were clearly over performing pre January, so yes we got crap but also regressed to true form a bit?

Whilst tiredness may not be a factor, when you end up playing crap League One clubs it is easier than playing Cardiff, Villa, Leeds, Norwich etc. 

Archived