IGNORED

time to dump SKY TV for the Summer months?

5 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

As Sky require one months notice to cancel your subscriptions,

could save quite a few bob.

during this dead summer months of no football

Cricket world cup and the Ashes.

8 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Sky don’t get a penny of my cash anymore,   I can hardly disagree about the way the games gone in this country since Sky got involved whilst still paying for Sky!  

Excellent.

The Premiership is now an international league rather than a English league and the Championship is heading that way and it's all down to Sky money.

Clubs' success is now down to which foreign billionaire buys them rather than the level of their support. And yes I am talking about you Bournemouth.

The only way to cut the head off the hydra is to drain the Sky money out of it.  I've never given them a penny directly; though have done so indirectly by drinking in pubs showing games.

37 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Don't sky have the rights to the Nations League?

England could also be playing 2 games this summer.

You may as well cancel and find a stream for 2 games. If I only watched footy I would certainly cancel.

On 26/03/2019 at 07:06, Never to the dark side said:

As Sky require one months notice to cancel your subscriptions,

could save quite a few bob.

during this dead summer months of no football

Sorry bumping old thread. Did you get rid of Sky or not?

Sky really isnt worth it. Like Super above said, save yourself the money and stream it. Streams also gives you access to when the games on TV in another country (if you can find one for poor Bristol City, but Prem games yes) Sure it may be crappy or need to keep hitting refresh etc... but its free (get what you pay for, in this case nothing) and you've saved yourself QUIDS. (Note to any newbie who has never streamed before.... NEVER EVER accept to "download a player" to watch the stream... NEVER.... go find somewhere else.)

Dont Sky charge you just for the ability to record? Even that should be free IMO. (BTW footy isnt dead yet, still the Womens World Cup, I've been finding it quite enjoyable and its free over the BBC/iPlayer/Red Button... added bonus, England are still in it at the time of typing.)

Archived