Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

handsofclay

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

Recommended Posts

A relation of mine has text me to say that City are making an announcement at 6pm today or tomorrow. Someone in their place of work has been asked to appear on the radio tomorrow morning about it, but it is all hush hush and the person won't divulge what it is about except for the fact that it is in relation to City making a statement at 6pm, or tomorrow?

I am only passing on what has been sent to me. My only guess is that it is to do with the new badge/logo.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, handsofclay said:

A relation of mine has text me to say that City are making an announcement at 6pm today or tomorrow. Someone in their place of work has been asked to appear on the radio tomorrow morning about it, but it is all hush hush and the person won't divulge what it is about except for the fact that it is in relation to City making a statement at 6pm, or tomorrow?

I am only passing on what has been sent to me. My only guess is that it is to do with the new badge/logo.

Just got the same message from her

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I reckon next season, there will be chips on sale.

Three times fried posh ones.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Bristol Rob’s food vouchers have arrived ? 

 

And will be presented to him by hand by his personal account manager.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it is to announce that the FL Derby game is to be rearranged so that we can all gatecrash the wedding reception of the friends of Dolly Marie.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Exciting times! :city:

Are you trying to hint that Ashton Gate will henceforth be known as The Sky Bingo Stadium? It will explain the re-emergence of the purple kit in recent seasons.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a fair bit of press around having a full England men's game here but the U21s was only 5 days ago, they couldn't have arranged it in that short a timeframe? Could they? And would the new Crest be a teatime thing? They may as well wait til close-season now for that? Hadn't  they? 

I think @Bristol Rob is right. It can only be chips. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Been a fair bit of press around having a full England men's game here but the U21s was only 5 days ago, they couldn't have arranged it in that short a timeframe? Could they? And would the new Crest be a teatime thing? They may as well wait til close-season now for that? Hadn't  they? 

I think @Bristol Rob is right. It can only be chips. 

Come on Reg, altogether now…:travolta:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why The Robins? That HAS to be a clue surely?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wally has sold the Rovers and is buying the city.

City are about to become the sixth richest club in the world. Unlucky da gas!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I owned City I would give it all this massive build up and then at 6pm simply announce that "Mr. Ashton is no longer required in the Dolman Stand" or ask someone to move a car.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess we’ll be bulldozing the houses in Ashton Road, given that with the planning process its easier to seek forgiveness than to get permission. 

After the assurances given at Aston Vale, the council owe us a favour and we’re gonna call it in. 

Reckon someone thinking it’s sneaky and perhaps safer to get homeowners down to the pub for a freebie, than to let them fortify their homes. 

Another bulldozer’s going in to flatten the houses in Ashton Vale owned by those who complained about our stadium plan, by that’s just for a laugh, after which an ice hockey stadium will be built on the site for the locals. 

 

Edited by Lord Northski
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It'll be the badge, the new badge will either cause outrage or people just won't care and the whole build up will have been a waste of time.

Just like most other anticipated announcements the club make.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

Guess we’ll be bulldozing the houses in Ashton Road, given that with the planning process its easier to seek forgiveness than to get permission. 

After the assurances given at Aston Vale, the council owe us a favour and we’re gonna call it in. 

Reckon someone thinking it’s sneaky and perhaps safer to get homeowners down to the pub for a freebie, than to let them fortify their homes. 

Another bulldozer’s going in to flatten the houses in Ashton Vale owned by those who complained about our stadium plan, by that’s just for a laugh, after which an ice hockey stadium will be built on the site for the locals. 

 

This you?

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess the question will be whether the new kit is shown at the same time, its sometimes worn last game of the season but 8 games (10 for us) out seems rather early... perhaps they're hoping for a boost to ST sales?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Been a fair bit of press around having a full England men's game here but the U21s was only 5 days ago, they couldn't have arranged it in that short a timeframe? Could they? And would the new Crest be a teatime thing? They may as well wait til close-season now for that? Hadn't  they? 

I think @Bristol Rob is right. It can only be chips. 

Or it might be an Erasure and B*Witched gig, Reg.

Or maybe Bristol Sport are going to announce a major sponsorship package for your SANDS team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

In true Bristol City fashion this will be about as anti climatic as a 10 minute free view on the Playboy channel

 

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

In true Bristol City fashion this will be about as anti climatic as a 10 minute free view on the Playboy channel

You can say that again

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Lansdown wanted the attention that badly, he had to tweet out that before the official account got their tweet out. 👀

  • Like 4
  • Aubergine 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon they have decided to buy the Robins, in a cash neutral exercise, as they have managed to sell that macky gurt awning to a Jordanian billionaire who has grand plans for it.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...