IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

Having recovered from my swoon upon seeing it I now think it works.

Badges on shirts are small and the fussier the design the less obvious it is.  Delayed thumbs up from me.

This to me is the classic badge but it works better on an enamel badge than a shirt.

It was the badge I wore at school but it got lost in the years since and I was delighted that I was bought it as a present a few years ago.

s-l300.jpg

When I saw this on my Facebook feed I assumed it was a coded video to an official announcement that was to be made that The Red Hot Chilli Peppers were to play Ashton Gate, so thanks everyone for clearing up that it is something to do with a badge!  I have been supporting to the club for well over 50 years and don't give a toss about whether or not they have a badge, let alone what the stupid thing looks like....surely I am not alone in this?

At the end of the day, if you take the huge surrounding circle off of it so it doesn't have the club's name on it, can you genuinely say "that's Bristol City."

I don't think you can.

This badge can easily be guesses wrongly as Cheltenham amongst others.

The text is a bit basic and the lack of detail leaves me a little underwhelmed (but then I’m a big fan of Maidstone’s iguanadon which they seem to have ditched) but overall it’s OK. I prefer the old Robin badge and the OTIB that the fanzine does but we’re going to have to get used to it.

I’ll give it a 6.5/10. The more I get used to seeing it the more I’m sure I’ll like it.

2 minutes ago, Unan said:

There were so many better options..

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 18.47.25.png

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 18.47.31.png

Yes, there are better ones there but seeing all these together makes me think it’s a Robin on one of these balance board scooter things, ( can’t think what they are called)

7 minutes ago, kivsy said:

The kit is ok , but the badge ruins it 

Opposite for me - badge OK, kit is not terrible but that’s by virtue of it being utterly non-descript. I’d be hard to pick it out of a line up of ten clubs who play in red shirts.

Archived