IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

12 minutes ago, kivsy said:

If only we had someone to liaise between fans and the club......

To be fair. I didn't meet up with @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO earlier this season, and he asked me about 'what I think the clubs identity is/was' - this then prompted a fairly long thread on here as it was more widely discussed.

Could be that the club decided to take elements of the comments made in that thread when briefing the designers.

Course, they may just have done their own thing.

Personally, I don't really care. I don't buy club merchandise, and I don't support 'A badge' but if for reasons outside of the clubs control they have had to change the badge, they could have done worse.

And if I could remember how to post pictures on here, I'd post a picture of the car that Homer Simpson designed and we would all have a big laugh.

Probably never get back to Jon Lansdown but as one of the fans wanting to see the Robin used by City more and helped out doing murals featuring Robins including one in your video no personally I am not pleased with it. It is shit. Fans process? what process? Its your process. one that ticked a few boxes to deliberately cut fans out again.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair. I didn't meet up with @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO earlier this season, and he asked me about 'what I think the clubs identity is/was' - this then prompted a fairly long thread on here as it was more widely discussed.

Could be that the club decided to take elements of the comments made in that thread when briefing the designers.

Personally, I don't really care. I don't buy club merchandise, and I don't support 'A badge' but if for reasons outside of the clubs control they have had to change the badge, they could have done worse.

And if I could remember how to post pictures on here, I'd post a picture of the car that Homer Simpson designed and we would all have a big laugh.

season 3 spinning GIF

33 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

On a slightly different note - yet another new kit; how many years in a row now that we’ve had a new home shirt every season? Poor show to bring out a new one every 12 months, especially when the latest iteration is the clothing equivalent of a single slice of cheese between two bits of white bread. Pedestrian as heck.

Every club changes its kits every year and has done for well over a decade. Yer pissing in the wind if you think that’s going to change 

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

59178E55-ED80-43F9-AD4B-BDE70BB49C49.jpeg

Looks like something a four year old might bring home from nursery i.e. much as expected. 

Still I expect they only spent £50k or so on this nonsense - just goes to show idiots in suits can talk themselves into anything.

Should have stuck with the crest.

1 hour ago, Sturny said:

Liked this one 

A857F25D-16AB-4A81-A85B-DE3310FB8C58.jpeg

This is MUCH better, as is anything with the bridge. Someone on Twitter has quickly reworked the badge to put a bridge behind the Robin and the year inside the football and it also has become instantly vastly improved, and seems to be getting unanimous approval from replies on Twitter (currently has more likes than the City tweet it is replying to). Makes you wonder how well consulted this has been. 

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Every club changes its kits every year and has done for well over a decade. Yer pissing in the wind if you think that’s going to change 

Indeed they do and I expect you’re right.

I think it’s really greedy and cynical of clubs to do that though, charge a small fortune for a slightly rejigged piece of cloth every 12 months - long ago stopped buying replica shirts.

5 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Why is the 18 in 1894 smaller? 

Because adding our Suspension Bridge would have been too fussy but apparently unnecessarily underlining the 18 isn't. OCD off the richter scale.

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

This is MUCH better, as is anything with the bridge. Someone on Twitter has quickly reworked the badge to put a bridge behind the Robin and the year inside the football and it also has become instantly vastly improved, and seems to be getting unanimous approval from replies on Twitter (currently has more likes than the City tweet it is replying to). Makes you wonder how well consulted this has been. 

Link? 

9 minutes ago, Olé said:

Can you post the image of that ?

7 minutes ago, WessexPest said:

Indeed they do and I expect you’re right.

I think it’s really greedy and cynical of clubs to do that though, charge a small fortune for a slightly rejigged piece of cloth every 12 months - long ago stopped buying replica shirts.

Agree, haven’t bought one since the mid 90’s . Modern football = money 

Its..... OK.  I'm not wowed... 

But I can see the similarity / imagery being consistent with the Bristol Bears logo  - Robins / Bears ... I'm sure the basketball team will fall into line next. It's all part of the brand juggernaut that is Bristol Sport...  I'm still waiting for City's away kit to be dark blue (a la Bears) and Bears away kit to be red....    

The whole purpose of this is to simplify the badge like many clubs have done. Simple reason is so it’s easy to put on many forms of merchandise with out looking too footbally. Fans buy the team kit but this seems to be trying to make a fashion logo. Don’t love it, don’t hate it. The date looks shocking. Not bothered by the home kit it doesn’t look very Bristol City. However I have looked at Tottenham merchandise for a few years and thought, looks retro and classy. 

Archived