IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

26 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

To be fair. I didn't meet up with @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO earlier this season, and he asked me about 'what I think the clubs identity is/was' - this then prompted a fairly long thread on here as it was more widely discussed.

Could be that the club decided to take elements of the comments made in that thread when briefing the designers.

Course, they may just have done their own thing.

Personally, I don't really care. I don't buy club merchandise, and I don't support 'A badge' but if for reasons outside of the clubs control they have had to change the badge, they could have done worse.

And if I could remember how to post pictures on here, I'd post a picture of the car that Homer Simpson designed and we would all have a big laugh.

Just to clarify. I DID meet up with Matt.

Bloody autocorrect.

13 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

They could have gone simpler (although I'm not sure why he's on a unicycle)

image.png.753a0a125e2083cb733d622c6b2ae9dc.png

I love that. And tbh this was pretty much what I was expecting the club to do. The circles baffle me. 

This is a modern version of the original 1949 badge and I like it. I just hate the circles.

Whilst I love the old days as a 8 year old boy having the bridge and the robin, the quick mock re-vamp, looks cluttered!

I think it's a new identity in our badge and we celebrate it. Most of us wanted the Robin Back - and It is Back!

It’s ok, don’t love it, don’t hate it.

The one with the bridge behind makes it look 10x better. I’d prefer the date moved though to have 18 to the left of the bridge and 94 to the right. Having FC after city would be nice too. These changes could take it from a 5 to an 8 out of 10 imo.

The plain logo on the training gear looks alright though, much better than the crest looked.

8 minutes ago, Olé said:

Currently got more likes that City's original tweet of the new crest it is replying to. Replies also very positive:

My son is 8 years old and said "the reason why the 18 is underlined, is because it shows the century we were formed and how old we are"

I cant really argue with that one son! :laugh:!

9 minutes ago, Citychuds said:

The whole purpose of this is to simplify the badge like many clubs have done. Simple reason is so it’s easy to put on many forms of merchandise with out looking too footbally. Fans buy the team kit but this seems to be trying to make a fashion logo. Don’t love it, don’t hate it. The date looks shocking. Not bothered by the home kit it doesn’t look very Bristol City. However I have looked at Tottenham merchandise for a few years and thought, looks retro and classy. 

We simplified it and then over complicated it by adding the circles take them out and you have a fresh sleek modern looking design.

Just a real shame we’ve missed a trick with our ‘identity’. The word was thrown about countless times by Lansdown and Ashton and they have come with this? Doesn’t scream Bristol City to me at all.

The bridge simply has to be in it. It represents the City of Bristol and is a stone throw away from the club ffs. Not to mention it’s been apart of our clubs crest throughout its most thrilling time, both bad and good.

In the video JL mentions that they had 3k replies from fans to the online survey....then he said after that they set up a Fans Feedback Group as they went through the redesign process.

Does anyone on here know anyone who was in that Group? Can’t really believe our fans would have approved that design. Yes we’ve got the Robin back and they’ve got the date correct at last, but it’s not very good.

I think most of the DIY efforts (posted on here over the last couple of years) have been much much better than what we’ve ended up with - on the plus side, love the new home shirt....

11 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Not sure if this has been asked at all but why does the current shirt have 1897 on the badge rather than 1894?

Because the shirts of the modern era have always been wrong.  Even the Centenary was celebrated the wrong year.

It’s not as bad as the robin image that has been on the season cards this year, but overall I feel pretty indifferent about the new badge. It really needed the Suspension Bridge on it so that it so that there is an identifiable Bristol element. The existing robin badge on this season’s white away shirt is better in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, WessexPest said:

On a slightly different note - yet another new kit; how many years in a row now that we’ve had a new home shirt every season? Poor show to bring out a new one every 12 months, especially when the latest iteration is the clothing equivalent of a single slice of cheese between two bits of white bread. Pedestrian as heck.

You don’t have to buy them 

12 minutes ago, Citychuds said:

Agree completely. I’m wondering if that’s for kit purposes only

I hadn’t seen the other images of the other clothing. Definitely all a merchandising ploy, trying to be less football and more a fashion label. Doesn’t look great on the other clothing though

Archived