IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

45 minutes ago, SouthStand Sandwich said:

Its..... OK.  I'm not wowed... 

But I can see the similarity / imagery being consistent with the Bristol Bears logo  - Robins / Bears ... I'm sure the basketball team will fall into line next. It's all part of the brand juggernaut that is Bristol Sport...  I'm still waiting for City's away kit to be dark blue (a la Bears) and Bears away kit to be red....    

The Robin is faceless, though (unlike the bear); blank; anonymous; empty. Void. Transparent. Lacking features; and identity. A blank slate, a ghost of a robin. Possibly soulless. 

3 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

The Robin is faceless, though (unlike the bear); blank; anonymous; empty. Void. Transparent. Lacking features; and identity. A blank slate, a ghost of a robin. Possibly soulless. 

Think you’re being a touch too much of a cod philosopher for what’s basically a bit of stitching on a sports shirt that no one over the age of 13 will wear outside match days and booze ups in Magaluf.

The date’s right and they should be applauded for that.

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Think you’re being a touch too much of a cod philosopher for what’s basically a bit of stitching on a sports shirt that no one over the age of 13 will wear outside match days and booze ups in Magaluf.

This is the whole point of the badge change in my opinion, the football has been removed and replaced with a circle, the bridge has been removed so it doesn’t scream Bristol. So from the kit badge remove the rings, remove the name Bristol city and they are hoping people will wear it outside of match days as a fashion label

7 minutes ago, RumRed said:

I've stripped it back to this:

The Bear has a face; the Robin is faceless.

38 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

In the video JL mentions that they had 3k replies from fans to the online survey....then he said after that they set up a Fans Feedback Group as they went through the redesign process.

Does anyone on here know anyone who was in that Group? Can’t really believe our fans would have approved that design. Yes we’ve got the Robin back and they’ve got the date correct at last, but it’s not very good.

I think most of the DIY efforts (posted on here over the last couple of years) have been much much better than what we’ve ended up with - on the plus side, love the new home shirt....

It appears the Supporters Trust were not included. 

Jon Lansdown cross section of fans could actually be a cross section of employees. 

Jon Lansdown consultations by their nature are designed to exclude fans not include them. 

It's a bit meh for me. It's not terrible, but as others have said, I don't think it's the best. They've missed a trick with the bridge.

In time I think it will grow on me. The wife liked it as soon as I showed her though. At the end of the day, you're not going to please everybody all of the time.

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

. In the past many things that were really orange were called red.

What were Oranges called?

I like the simplified Robin.  I like that the design is open so can take on whatever background it is placed one.  Makes it more subtle.

Just not keen on the round badge.  The lettering looks wrong around it.  Amateur.  A simple shield would have been better and the words Bristol City could be placed on the horizontal.

Personally, trying to incorporate the bridge as well would make it too cluttered.  Two of robin, bridge, and football is enough.  

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

Because the shirts of the modern era have always been wrong.  Even the Centenary was celebrated the wrong year.

Pretty much this.  Essentially the board realised in 1996 that they'd missed the centenary, so decided to cash in by celebrating the centenary of us becoming Bristol City!

I was a  little chuffed when Jon referred to seeing from one person that they'd forgotten the centenary and went with 1897 as that was exactly what I'd put in my feedback questionnaire last year! 

I really like it.  It's modern, simple, will be easy for young uns to enjoy drawing, feeding their obsession that will continue for life. 

Gutted about the bridge though.

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Hahaha sorry guys and girls, dont get the opportunity to take the piss out of you lot too often but this is one of them! 

That is dreadful.

Did you post this from Doncaster? You must have done as all sags are ‘loyal and true’ - until it comes to home and away games - but you may well have posted this from Yorkshire because @bodin insisted that he or she posted on here while they were at Gillingham away - and we all obviously believed Bodin, because when you are at a midweek away game, your first thought is to post on your rival’s forum throughout the evening.....so how is the weather up in Doncaster? And how did you get on tonight? Didn’t catch the result....

Meh.  I quite like the actual robin design, and it looks really smart on the black training gear they've shown. 

The 1894 bit seems weird and out of place and I dislike the whole circular badge design.  I mean, it genuinely looks almost identical to the Brentford one so all this rubbish about wanting it to be instantly recognisable is nonsense.

Also agree with people saying the bridge should've been incorporated in it.

Disappointed.

20 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did you post this from Doncaster? You must have done as all sags are ‘loyal and true’ - until it comes to home and away games - but you may well have posted this from Yorkshire because @bodin insisted that he or she posted on here while they were at Gillingham away - and we all obviously believed Bodin, because when you are at a midweek away game, your first thought is to post on your rival’s forum throughout the evening.....so how is the weather up in Doncaster? And how did you get on tonight? Didn’t catch the result....

They normally lose to Doncaster United don't they?

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

A6CCF9AC-E968-484F-A437-B80DB990C672.png

5798E257-1692-4BF0-8175-CB5283FF4265.png

I wondered if he actually knows what ‘identity’  is supposed to mean? 

I’m amazed that the powers that be haven’t realised what made football so spiralling in the first place.

3 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Hahaha sorry guys and girls, dont get the opportunity to take the piss out of you lot too often but this is one of them! 

That is dreadful.

What's it got to do with you, coming from a club that for some reason have a pirate on their badge, now that is dreadful, don't think your mob are in a position to take the piss out of us for anything, you really are struggling if thats all you can take the piss out of us for, safe journey to you and the thousands on the journey back from Doncaster United.

6 minutes ago, weepywall said:

What's it got to do with you, coming from a club that for some reason have a pirate on their badge, now that is dreadful, don't think your mob are in a position to take the piss out of us for anything, you really are struggling if thats all you can take the piss out of us for, safe journey to you and the thousands on the journey back from Doncaster United.

A pirate seems very appropriate when linked with the sags......they try to steal everything in sight too.....a scabby, lowlife, squatting vulture type club.....

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Really disappointed with it. Looks very bland to me and the design is far from original. PSG, Man City and Brentford off the top of my head have the same design!

However a few minor touches like this one and it might grow on me...

829BB915-143D-4981-9C26-DE081D98244D.png

That is so much better than the one they've chosen, and I quite like the new badge. 

It’s bad but it’s not Leeds bad. Which means there won’t be enough of a fuss kicked up, which means it’s staying I reckon.  

Would be nice if they took some feedback on board from a wider fan base and put the bridge on but you can be sure that the orders are already in with this stamped printed and stitched on everything 

Archived