IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

On 19/06/2019 at 16:29, RedM said:

Think today or tomorrow is the cut off day, after that no previous branding can be used eg on kit, stationary, social media, etc. 

The old badge is dead. Long live the Robin...until the next rebrand*

*rebranding costs an absolute fortune so this will be here for a couple of years at least.

I only discovered this recently when our company changed logos. Couldn't believe how expensive the whole process is. Fair play to anyone in digital marketing - good dollar to be had in that sector!

On 19/06/2019 at 18:04, JasonM88 said:

You clearly don’t understand the world of image rights. 

It's the City's seal, the Council don't own any rights to it. It's been in use in one form or another since the 1300's and was officially granted in 1500's

1 hour ago, RumRed said:

First bit of merchandise I’d have bought for years, hope it’s easyJet carry on size.

Also shows how flexible the new logo can be.

That and the large badged t-shirts they’ve been donning. The old badge would have looked naff in such large form.

Wasn’t keen on changing the badge originally but the new one has grew on me and I can now definitely see the benefits of updating. 

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The team have branded luggage for the trip to the US...

Reckon they'll be selling these in the shop?

#askingforafriend ?

Screenshot_20190710-111936.png

Just announced luggage for away games.

trunki.jpg.2f5aaab7098e4fd0366f6f3c5dbccfa5.jpg

Does anyone know when the kit will be in stock? I’m looking for the shorts to wear to the gym and the shirt for holiday, Bristol sport website says it’s closed now until further notice, which is a little strange given the season starts in under 30 days..

just seen that it says pre order now over, may drive over there to check it out and see if anything’s in there 

50 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Does anyone know when the kit will be in stock? I’m looking for the shorts to wear to the gym and the shirt for holiday, Bristol sport website says it’s closed now until further notice, which is a little strange given the season starts in under 30 days..

just seen that it says pre order now over, may drive over there to check it out and see if anything’s in there 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the shop is shut at the moment @Eastside Moonwalker.

Edit: this pop up shows on the Bristol sport shop page. 

Screenshot_20190722-081440.png

1 hour ago, Badger08 said:

Mention this the other day on another thread.  I can't believe that you can't purchase anything this close to the start of the season, especially with it being the holiday period. 

I'm not someone who buys a lot of "logo'd" merchandise normally, but, with my (and thousands of others) I may have been tempted.

Surely as a business they have been planning for this for a while? Even if the shop was ready, they could have made things available online?  To me it doesn't make much sense, especially with the time of year and the new badge, you'd have thought the would want to take advantage of that and the hot weather. 

I hear you Badger.

Thing is, club are in a predicament: damned if they do, damned if they don't.

New branding demands a better shop, and I understand that's why it's closed - complete makeover. Whilst it's inconvenient for a few weeks, I'm sure when it re-opens (hopefully soon) the experience and goods on offer will be spot on.

Archived