Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

handsofclay

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

Recommended Posts

On 04/06/2019 at 19:38, everreddy said:

That’s at least four reasons why ours is a truly naff nickname and badge! Hardly “unique” and “distinctive “ - as claimed by JL! 🙁

I agree.  I know it will upset a lot of people on here, 'but, but... history!', but I think the club missed a trick when redesigning the badge to move away from the robin. Should have gone for something unique, something to set City apart from Swindon, Cheltenham et al.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any ideas when any clothing etc will be in the shop to be able to purchase. Would have loved something with the new badge before going on holiday the end of the month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2019 at 23:11, Arsene's Wanger said:

I agree.  I know it will upset a lot of people on here, 'but, but... history!', but I think the club missed a trick when redesigning the badge to move away from the robin. Should have gone for something unique, something to set City apart from Swindon, Cheltenham et al.

Like what? What would be unique?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/04/2019 at 09:42, Redwhitepurple said:

Love the badge. It has robin. Ok bit modern but its brilliant compared to council badge

We've never used the council logo as our badge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/06/2019 at 23:11, Arsene's Wanger said:

I agree.  I know it will upset a lot of people on here, 'but, but... history!', but I think the club missed a trick when redesigning the badge to move away from the robin. Should have gone for something unique, something to set City apart from Swindon, Cheltenham et al.

 

20 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

Like what? What would be unique?

image.png.fe92b0161559ab5d72b863e3221f8100.png

 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

We've never used the council logo as our badge.

You could say the badge Dave coterill modelled was basically the council logo, that was sent out in letters about season tickets too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

You could say the badge Dave coterill modelled was basically the council logo, that was sent out in letters about season tickets too. 

You mean this beauty? 

IMG_0482.JPG.93fa0b0bfac6ba5bc0c5e413ba960a59.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sneekily clever but I see a stylised white b and red S for Bristol Sport myself, so don't like it. Much prefer the fighting robin and bridge design, no mistaking who we are or what our name is.

Expect more BS and less BC branding as the years go on. :gaah:

  • Aubergine 1
  • Hedgehog 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, glos old boy said:

Sneekily clever but I see a stylised white b and red S for Bristol Sport myself, so don't like it. Much prefer the fighting robin and bridge design, no mistaking who we are or what our name is.

Expect more BS and less BC branding as the years go on. :gaah:

I saw that as well the first time it was revealed, subliminal advertising I think!

I don’t know about BS branding but I certainly think the Robin will be heavily pushed from now on. Robins & Bears.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/06/2019 at 12:53, AshtonPark said:

You could say the badge Dave coterill modelled was basically the council logo, that was sent out in letters about season tickets too. 

No it wasn’t - @JamesBCFC was correct - we’ve never had the council logo on our shirts - here it is:

 

 

51D6A858-538E-4755-886F-3A27E80019C3.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

No it wasn’t - @JamesBCFC was correct - we’ve never had the council logo on our shirts - here it is:

 

 

51D6A858-538E-4755-886F-3A27E80019C3.jpeg

 “basically the council logo”

as in, the logo on the shirt with cotterill is basically the council logo

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ronnie Sinclair said:

as we are now peddling the Robins crest, one hopes this does not extend to the trim on the shirts themselves, as per the new Hull 'tiger' strip 😮

Hull City 2019-20 Umbro Home Kit #HCAFC #HullCity #umbro #TheTigers

What like feathers? 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

 “basically the council logo”

as in, the logo on the shirt with cotterill is basically the council logo

No it wasn't - @JamesBCFC and @BS4 on Tour... were correct - we've never had the council logo on our shirts - here it is: (etc etc)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

New badge is now on the app . Need to update to see it 

How is the app now @Red Army 75 I must admit to deleting it last season as it was so poo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2019 at 22:12, Ronnie Sinclair said:

as we are now peddling the Robins crest, one hopes this does not extend to the trim on the shirts themselves, as per the new Hull 'tiger' strip 😮

Hull City 2019-20 Umbro Home Kit #HCAFC #HullCity #umbro #TheTigers

Have they moved the Pesa onto the pitcha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2019 at 22:12, Ronnie Sinclair said:

as we are now peddling the Robins crest, one hopes this does not extend to the trim on the shirts themselves, as per the new Hull 'tiger' strip 😮

Hull City 2019-20 Umbro Home Kit #HCAFC #HullCity #umbro #TheTigers

When did Berbatov sign for Hull? Cracking signing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/06/2019 at 22:12, Ronnie Sinclair said:

as we are now peddling the Robins crest, one hopes this does not extend to the trim on the shirts themselves, as per the new Hull 'tiger' strip 😮

Hull City 2019-20 Umbro Home Kit #HCAFC #HullCity #umbro #TheTigers

 

On 15/06/2019 at 05:11, RedM said:

What like feathers? 😀

No, bird shit on the shoulder and back!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, phantom said:

How is the app now @Red Army 75 I must admit to deleting it last season as it was so poo

Ye don’t really use it myself bit redundant. Just the new badge was on it . So we’re starting to see it . Hopefully see it on some new players  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sturny said:

They've changed all the social medias now 

Think today or tomorrow is the cut off day, after that no previous branding can be used eg on kit, stationary, social media, etc. 

The old badge is dead. Long live the Robin...until the next rebrand*

*rebranding costs an absolute fortune so this will be here for a couple of years at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just remembered there was rumours of the council trying to force image rights to both us and the rugby for using the badge a few years ago. Since then both have changed. Perhaps there was more truth in those rumours than suggested back then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I just remembered there was rumours of the council trying to force image rights to both us and the rugby for using the badge a few years ago. Since then both have changed. Perhaps there was more truth in those rumours than suggested back then

Nah it was just that Jon Lansdown had some new crayons for his birthday and really wanted to use them 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, RedM said:

Think today or tomorrow is the cut off day, after that no previous branding can be used eg on kit, stationary, social media, etc. 

The old badge is dead. Long live the Robin...until the next rebrand*

*rebranding costs an absolute fortune so this will be here for a couple of years at least.

Today as far as I'm aware. My boy wear's City training stuff to Sixth Form,which is supplied by City. Everyone on his course has been told as of today they are not allowed to wear anything with the "old" Crest on.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

I just remembered there was rumours of the council trying to force image rights to both us and the rugby for using the badge a few years ago. Since then both have changed. Perhaps there was more truth in those rumours than suggested back then

We weren't using the council badge...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2019 at 16:29, RedM said:

Think today or tomorrow is the cut off day, after that no previous branding can be used eg on kit, stationary, social media, etc. 

The old badge is dead. Long live the Robin...until the next rebrand*

*rebranding costs an absolute fortune so this will be here for a couple of years at least.

I only discovered this recently when our company changed logos. Couldn't believe how expensive the whole process is. Fair play to anyone in digital marketing - good dollar to be had in that sector!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the game last night I noticed one fan who had the new robin tattoed on his leg. Fair play for getting it done that quickly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19/06/2019 at 18:04, JasonM88 said:

You clearly don’t understand the world of image rights. 

 

It's the City's seal, the Council don't own any rights to it. It's been in use in one form or another since the 1300's and was officially granted in 1500's

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The team have branded luggage for the trip to the US...

Reckon they'll be selling these in the shop?

#askingforafriend 😇

Screenshot_20190710-111936.png

Jon Lansdown said it would be on sale via twitter

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hodge said:

Jon Lansdown said it would be on sale via twitter

First bit of merchandise I’d have bought for years, hope it’s easyJet carry on size.

Also shows how flexible the new logo can be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RumRed said:

First bit of merchandise I’d have bought for years, hope it’s easyJet carry on size.

Also shows how flexible the new logo can be.

That and the large badged t-shirts they’ve been donning. The old badge would have looked naff in such large form.

Wasn’t keen on changing the badge originally but the new one has grew on me and I can now definitely see the benefits of updating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hodge said:

Jon Lansdown said it would be on sale via twitter

Outsourcing retail sales to Twitter......innovative! :whistle2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The team have branded luggage for the trip to the US...

Reckon they'll be selling these in the shop?

#askingforafriend 😇

Screenshot_20190710-111936.png

Apparently described in product description as ‘Headphone Case for professional footballers

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The team have branded luggage for the trip to the US...

Reckon they'll be selling these in the shop?

#askingforafriend 😇

Screenshot_20190710-111936.png

Just announced luggage for away games.

trunki.jpg.2f5aaab7098e4fd0366f6f3c5dbccfa5.jpg

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

The team have branded luggage for the trip to the US...

Reckon they'll be selling these in the shop?

#askingforafriend 😇

Screenshot_20190710-111936.png

Would be the best selling object in the shop ever 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What does everybody think of the new badge and branding now? For those who weren’t so sure, have you come around to it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know when the kit will be in stock? I’m looking for the shorts to wear to the gym and the shirt for holiday, Bristol sport website says it’s closed now until further notice, which is a little strange given the season starts in under 30 days..

 

just seen that it says pre order now over, may drive over there to check it out and see if anything’s in there 

Edited by Eastside Moonwalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Does anyone know when the kit will be in stock? I’m looking for the shorts to wear to the gym and the shirt for holiday, Bristol sport website says it’s closed now until further notice, which is a little strange given the season starts in under 30 days..

 

just seen that it says pre order now over, may drive over there to check it out and see if anything’s in there 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the shop is shut at the moment @Eastside Moonwalker.

 

Edit: this pop up shows on the Bristol sport shop page. 

Screenshot_20190722-081440.png

Edited by Chris_Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mention this the other day on another thread.  I can't believe that you can't purchase anything this close to the start of the season, especially with it being the holiday period. 

I'm not someone who buys a lot of "logo'd" merchandise normally, but, with my (and thousands of others) I may have been tempted.

Surely as a business they have been planning for this for a while? Even if the shop was ready, they could have made things available online?  To me it doesn't make much sense, especially with the time of year and the new badge, you'd have thought the would want to take advantage of that and the hot weather. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...