IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

Good to see some forum members produced far better options than the one we've got in considerably less time it took the club. Instead, we've got a badge like Brentford and a kit like Walsall. The Suspension Bridge has to be part of our badge if we're bring the robin back at long last. 

Great work, Ashton and Lansdown Junior. 

1 hour ago, RedSkin said:

What were Oranges called?

Oranges were unknown in the UK until 15th - 16th century but, when they were introduced, they were called “oranges”. The word “orange” then began to be used for the colour, that had previously just been a shade of red. 

Concluded it does reflect the Club identity .... best intentions but we never quite get it right.

The robin and ball is ok, the outer circles and date horrible. The ‘Bristol City’ lettering doesn’t sit well for me either.

Accept the need for an uncluttered design but a stylised Suspension Bridge was a ‘must’ - for Mr Aston’s benefit that is a USP and part of our DNA. 

56 minutes ago, tin said:

Good to see some forum members produced far better options than the one we've got in considerably less time it took the club. Instead, we've got a badge like Brentford and a kit like Walsall. The Suspension Bridge has to be part of our badge if we're bring the robin back at long last. 

Great work, Ashton and Lansdown Junior. 

What has the bridge actually got to do with our club though..?

id like the bridge on there, personally, but it hardly “has to be part of our badge” 

How many football clubs actually have a landmark from their City on their club badge..? Some, but very, very few..!

The biggest concern for me...is a multi million pound corporation, trying to get to the most illustrious league in the World...and that is the best they can do 

They have actually sat there at some point and said "this is bloody brilliant. People will love it"

Just proves how out of touch with the fan base this club now are . 

2 hours ago, Citychuds said:

This is the whole point of the badge change in my opinion, the football has been removed and replaced with a circle, the bridge has been removed so it doesn’t scream Bristol. So from the kit badge remove the rings, remove the name Bristol city and they are hoping people will wear it outside of match days as a fashion label

Nibor was our fashion brand.  ?

Can’t see that Ted Baker is going to be too worried about sales being lost to nylon shirts and polo shirts tbh.  I really don’t think anyone apart from a City supporter would buy it and can’t see the badge suddenly creating a style craze whatever it is.  A few will buy as it’s the ‘new’ badge but that’ll last a season.

Those that buy this stuff always will, those that don’t won’t.  

And that’s coming from someone that quite likes it.

Lack of suspension bridge is my only gripe, but I got 3 out of the 4 things I wanted so alright by me.

14 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

The biggest concern for me...is a multi million pound corporation, trying to get to the most illustrious league in the World...and that is the best they can do 

They have actually sat there at some point and said "this is bloody brilliant. People will love it"

Just proves how out of touch with the fan base this club now are . 

Badge design is an entirely subjective matter with a wide range of preferences; some like traditional, some like modern, some like intricate, some like minimal.

The poll on the other thread shows that more people like it than dislike it; that’s not a bad result for the club, particularly on Day 1 when people haven’t had a chance to get used to it or establish any affection for it.

Given the consensus view is favourable, perhaps your overtly negative view (what a surprise!) is the one that is more “out of touch”.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Badge design is an entirely subjective matter with a wide range of preferences; some like traditional, some like modern, some like intricate, some like minimal.

The poll on the other thread shows that more people like it than dislike it; that’s not a bad result for the club, particularly on Day 1 when people haven’t had a chance to get used to it or establish any affection for it.

Given the consensus view is favourable, perhaps your overtly negative view (what a surprise!) is the one that is more “out of touch”.

Ah, **** off ?

46 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

What has the bridge actually got to do with our club though..?

id like the bridge on there, personally, but it hardly “has to be part of our badge” 

How many football clubs actually have a landmark from their City on their club badge..? Some, but very, very few..!

This picture should give you a clue...

GettyImages-849603306.jpg

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

The bridge is close to the stadium (or rather, the stadium is close to the bridge). But the two things are entirely separate entities, might as well say the SS Great Britain or Bristol Temple Meads should be on the badge.

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The bridge is close to the stadium (or rather, the stadium is close to the bridge). But the two things are entirely separate entities, might as well say the SS Great Britain or Bristol Temple Meads should be on the badge.

I bet Isombard Kingdom Brunel was a gashead anyway. I mean, who isn’t..?! And he’s not even been around since 1982 anyway..! 

4 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You mean it’s within view of our stadium..? 

We’d have a bloody big badge if that was the criteria..! 

It's the most famous landmark in Bristol, and is visible from inside Ashton Gate. Not to mention the fact that it's been on our badge for many years in our history. I'd say its very much part of our identity.

8 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I’m sorry... where is the delicately placed football, with a Robin balanced on the top, eveident in that picture..?

Come to think of it... where are the 2 (not one, but 2!) unicorns, stood in perfect symmetry on either side of the towers...?! 

My whole life has been I lie....!!!! ??? 

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

It's the most famous landmark in Bristol, and is visible from inside Ashton Gate. Not to mention the fact that it's been on our badge for many years in our history. I'd say its very much part of our identity.

Mate, I’d have kept the coat of arms all day long. But people have been campaigning against that for that past couple of decades...!! 

2 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

So should we put Del Boys flat on the crest? Can see that from around the ground.

Let's get David Jason and Nicholas Lyndhurst for the promotional material for it.

This time next year we'll be millionaires.

Archived