IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

• Admin
15 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Again not sure if sarcasm, id have thought the Bristol City in bold writing eliminates any confusion. 

Am I losing my sanity here ... genuinely not sure 

Sorry to be pedantic, but there a literally hundreds of suspension bridges in the UK, how would someone that doesn't know Clifton identify the bridge?

11 hours ago, Moor2Sea said:

Still underwhelmed and a bit of an indictment of modern times that someone with a scrap of paper and box of crayons in 1975 can produce a more iconic badge than a professional design studio with computer aided design in 2019!

Bit too much like the Sheffield Weds 1990’s ‘Owl’ for me. Doesn’t give us a strong and unique brand identity which I’m sure would have been the first objective of the design brief. Incorporating a stylised  Suspension Bridge would have achieved that very simply.

The (unnecessary) date also looks like a clumsy, awkward after-thought. 

No more than a 5/10 ‘missed opportunity’. 

Iconic ≠ Good

On 30/05/2019 at 21:50, phantom said:

It won't be changing for a long time,  "a lot" of money has been spent already on the rebranding and as @RedM mentions above there is a heck of a lot of work still to be done

But in fairness Leeds would have sad the same thing when they abandoned their change due fan pressure.

Most of the merch changes from season to season along with the shirts and training wear so that's not a big problem and to be fair adding in the bridge version isn't that huge a change that they even need to update everything for it.

Lots of teams use various versions of their badge or partial badge so having the bridge on shirts and stuff going forward while just having the robin on ball on legacy stuff isn't an issue. both were official designs anyway.

I quite like it, with a few tweaks. Plump it up to look more Robin like, rounded. And have it facing forward not looking like it’s twisting it’s neck. But the simplicity is quite good and would sit better alongside the Bears image.

1 hour ago, TBW said:

Exactly why our badge was not a good and/or original design. Weeks later, Frome release one almost mirroring it.

https://twitter.com/FromeTownFC/status/1134866313451659265?s=19

Could genuinely see legal action taken over the similarities. Can hardly look at our badge and purely think "Bristol City" now.

IMG_20190602_223901.jpg

20190602_224416.jpg

Not that similar and it’s Frome.  I’d be f’ing embarrassed if any court action was taken.  

This nonsense about the new badge is ludicrous, it’s fine.

10 hours ago, TBW said:

Exactly why our badge was not a good and/or original design. Weeks later, Frome release one almost mirroring it.

If it wasn’t good it wouldn’t be copied. And it was copied later so could be an original design unless time works differently for you? 

1 hour ago, elhombrecito said:

As I said on a previous thread, if we're worried about people confusing us with a team that play in the 8th tier of English football, then our badge is the least of our worries. 

Very well said. There are plenty of lion type crests around, used by Chelsea, Villa, Rangers etc.

That said, for some reason the Frome badge looks a lot nicer than ours. Clear cut, nickname actually stated on the badge itself. I like it.

11 hours ago, soultrader said:

To be honest if you want a badge with a robin on it you’re kinda limited to how it’s gonna turn out 

bound to look similar 

Well quite, legal action ffs.

Just locally we have City, The Robins, Swindon town, The Robins, Cheltenham Town, The Robins, Bridgwater Town, The Robins, Frome Town, The Robins, and probably a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

23 hours ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

Well quite, legal action ffs.

Just locally we have City, The Robins, Swindon town, The Robins, Cheltenham Town, The Robins, Bridgwater Town, The Robins, Frome Town, The Robins, and probably a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

That’s at least four reasons why ours is a truly naff nickname and badge! Hardly “unique” and “distinctive “ - as claimed by JL! ?

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 23:58, Davefevs said:

When I played away against Frome, I’m sure they wore green?  Long time ago though.

I was born and brought up in Frome nearly 70 years ago. During that time Frome Town FC  have always played in red, as far as I can remember. Don't recall them ever having a green home kit.

On 04/06/2019 at 19:38, everreddy said:

That’s at least four reasons why ours is a truly naff nickname and badge! Hardly “unique” and “distinctive “ - as claimed by JL! ?

I agree.  I know it will upset a lot of people on here, 'but, but... history!', but I think the club missed a trick when redesigning the badge to move away from the robin. Should have gone for something unique, something to set City apart from Swindon, Cheltenham et al.

• The title was changed to New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)
On 06/06/2019 at 23:11, Arsene's Wanger said:

I agree.  I know it will upset a lot of people on here, 'but, but... history!', but I think the club missed a trick when redesigning the badge to move away from the robin. Should have gone for something unique, something to set City apart from Swindon, Cheltenham et al.

Like what? What would be unique?

Archived