IGNORED

New Badge and Kit Announced (Merged)

handsofclay

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Driving to the airport this morning and on a wall outside Parson Street (not an official advertising board AFAIK) there was a 4ft version of the below logo. I’m wondering if the club are going to do a fair amount of “guerilla” marketing and we’ll see variations of the logo pop up all over the city. If so, could be smart...

7EA159C2-4E4B-4623-B74D-1DBD1EBE12C7.jpeg

There is a Red one as you come into town from Old Market also.

1 minute ago, Agard Days Night said:

Apart from a Robin (the clubs well established nickname) and the words Bristol City?

Have to agree.

When I first saw it my reaction was: meh. It's bang average. Don't hate it, don't like it. 

But when I heard Ashton & Lansdown banging on about how it 'defines' us and is instantly identifiable as 'Bristol City' it's nonsense. Without the words 'Bristol City' on the crest, it's a robin in a circle which could easily be linked to many other clubs who claim they are 'the robins'. Worse yet, it strongly resembles other club's badges, namely Spurs and Norwich i.e. bird on a ball. Not original.

We have a world renown landmark in sight of the stadium, used on badges now gone, yet they decided not to include it?? Nothing shouts 'Bristol' like the Suspension Bridge ffs. Instantly recognizable. 

A lad on twitter has re-worked the crest to include the Suspension Bridge and it looks fantastic - why didn't the club opt for this also?

Unfortunately I think the club have decided to plough ahead regardless of fan opinion. It looks like the shirts, leisure and training wear is already in production, ready for the off. They won' be changing anything now. 

4 minutes ago, Undy English said:

Have to agree.

When I first saw it my reaction was: meh. It's bang average. Don't hate it, don't like it. 

But when I heard Ashton & Lansdown banging on about how it 'defines' us and is instantly identifiable as 'Bristol City' it's nonsense. Without the words 'Bristol City' on the crest, it's a robin in a circle which could easily be linked to many other clubs who claim they are 'the robins'. Worse yet, it strongly resembles other club's badges, namely Spurs and Norwich i.e. bird on a ball. Not original.

We have a world renown landmark in sight of the stadium, used on badges now gone, yet they decided not to include it?? Nothing shouts 'Bristol' like the Suspension Bridge ffs. Instantly recognizable. 

A lad on twitter has re-worked the crest to include the Suspension Bridge and it looks fantastic - why didn't the club opt for this also?

Unfortunately I think the club have decided to plough ahead regardless of fan opinion. It looks like the shirts, leisure and training wear is already in production, ready for the off. They won' be changing anything now. 

Why do we need to have a landmark to define the football club?

Surely if we deliver success on the pitch, the badge will come to be known in itself?

1 hour ago, SydneyCity said:

It looks like they were trying to spell "Robins" originally.

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 6.12.18 pm.png

I actually prefer the first one on here as it has an eye. I can understand they wanted the thicker lines though as it makes for easier sewing for badges etc. The thinner the lines the harder it is for mass production.

I think it's ok. Didn't blow me away but I do like the Robin itself. 

I can't help but think that they are pumping out the badge in it's circle form with Bristol City written all over it with a view to using the Robin alone in future. Which I'd be all for.

6 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Why do we need to have a landmark to define the football club?

Surely if we deliver success on the pitch, the badge will come to be known in itself?

I agree r.e. your point about success.

I only meant what Lansdown said about his interview i.e. the new badge is clearly identifiable as Bristol City. It isn't. Apart from the text, it's a robin in a circle. Show that to any fan around Britain and they'd struggle to identify the club. Bang the Suspension Bridge in there and it becomes a lot more recognizable. 

2 minutes ago, Undy English said:

I agree r.e. your point about success.

I only meant what Lansdown said about his interview i.e. the new badge is clearly identifiable as Bristol City. It isn't. Apart from the text, it's a robin in a circle. Show that to any fan around Britain and they'd struggle to identify the club. Bang the Suspension Bridge in there and it becomes a lot more recognizable. 

To be fair the badge has been out for less than 24 hours so most football fans around the country would be hard pushed to recognise our new badge 

44 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

All about opinions isn’t it but the current new badge has no real Bristol City identity about it.

Could be mistaken for 3 or 4 clubs.

Before too long other fans will recognise this badge as Bristol City in the same way that other well known badges are easily identified Wolves, Forest,   Brum, Baggies and even  the gas  have easily recognisable badges.

Name the other 3 or 4 clubs with a similar badge to Citys new one..............:cool2:

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Before too long other fans will recognise this badge as Bristol City in the same way that other well known badges are easily identified Wolves, Forest,   Brum, Baggies and even  the gas  have easily recognisable badges.

Name the other 3 or 4 clubs with a similar badge to Citys new one..............:cool2:

Charlton Athletic x 4

36 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Instagram page still has the last badge!

4A215291-38A7-43C4-825B-07D9D0F4F950.png

"The robin will become more prominent around Ashton Gate throughout the summer with the final changeover across all club assets to be ahead of the 2019/20 season"

Don't think the website or anything will be updated until the end of the season at the earliest. 

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

"The robin will become more prominent around Ashton Gate throughout the summer with the final changeover across all club assets to be ahead of the 2019/20 season"

Don't think the website or anything will be updated until the end of the season at the earliest. 

Hence why no badges on the stadium when it was upgraded, a new badge was always in the plans

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

Appearing all around Bristol this morning, this will cheer up the blue few even more :laugh:

It should do, and give them a good laugh. Even a 3 year old Gashead could draw a robin better than that! I will never buy another replica shirt if that sh*** of a crest is on it. 

39 minutes ago, Spike said:

I made this and posted it on twitter in reply to the official account.

Link here

Lightyears better, as with when @Unan posted it.

Not just the bridge, but the year being tidied up, and the fact that having the Robin proudly over the bridge confers some height and size, and therefore strength. It's a yes from me.

24 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

To be fair the badge has been out for less than 24 hours so most football fans around the country would be hard pushed to recognise our new badge 

:laugh: appreciate that bud, think my point is being missed.

Show a random fan from up North 2 new badges for an unnamed club and ask him what club he thinks they could pertains to: a good chance the bloke may be able to identify the badge more as being Bristol/Bristol City from the Clifton Suspension Bridge being present.

15 minutes ago, Undy English said:

:laugh: appreciate that bud, think my point is being missed.

Show a random fan from up North 2 new badges for an unnamed club and ask him what club he thinks they could pertains to: a good chance the bloke may be able to identify the badge more as being Bristol/Bristol City from the Clifton Suspension Bridge being present.

If they are able to identify the Suspension Bridge and correctly place it as a Bristol landmark.

Probably better to pop the words Bristol City on there as that’s a bit of a clue as to the team. 

38 minutes ago, phantom said:

Brentford 

The Brentford badge is a bee......Charlton Athletic is a Sword....... hardly similar to the new Robin logo. 

I knew that from memory as because both those badges are easily identifiable as the clubs they represent. 

Within a few months the Robin logo belonging to Bristol City will be familiar to other football fans. 

Archived