IGNORED

New Badge Poll

elhombrecito

New Badge Poll  

894 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Why was this not it ? 

Should of had a poll ..... let the fans decide 

According to the press release over 3000 people responded to the survey and a working group chose this design from a shortlist, but oddly I've not heard from anyone who looked at the shortlist so whether that was supporters or Bristol sport employees I don't know 

When I first saw it I thought someone at my boys school had designed it and won a competition.

Having watched Jon lansdowns presentation I get where the club is coming from.

I guess I’m old school and prefer the 1976 robin bridge combo that is tattooed on my heart.

We should all embrace change as a manager said to me yrs ago

He was a ####

Very good, very stylish. Modernises the club branding but looks retro enough to still be cool.

Works on a kit and on merchandise and leisurewear. A vast improvement on the generic coat of arms.

Seeing this v some of the proposed designs on here, it just goes to show we should leave this kind of thing to professionals and not try to draw our own on OTIB. 

Up the Robins. 

2 hours ago, elhombrecito said:

jmp_bcfc_robins_crest_launch_rt0606.jpg

Even if you like the badge, it really doesn't help that this embroidered version they've featured so heavily, is so poorly embroidered. The text here isn't the same as in the design, it's neither the right size nor aligned above and below. And when you have that little attention to detail, it really doesn't matter if the badge is any good or not, it'll end up looking like it was produced in a market.

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

I would say yes, I quite often buy a club polo shirt, the only thing City relevant on them is the badge 

I attended my first game in the mid 60s, as an 11 year old all on my own I caught a bus, the number 19, in Stapleton to every home game for 20 years provided I wasn't playing football, cricket or rugby. Now I live in Sussex and travel to Bristol a couple of times a month to watch City or Bris...the badge is just a badge, my allegiance is much more profound and deep seated than worrying about something so superficial.

2 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I keep thinking Swindon town when i see it for some reason.

Deffo needs the bridge in there.

It’s the red S shape on the robin I reckon, similar to the S on that vile green and red badge Swindon had about a decade ago. Reminded me of it as well despite the badges looking nothing alike.

As of now (over 400 votes) more people love it than hate it, and more people like it than dislike it (both just as individual options and as positive vs negative totals).

While over a quarter of votes were 'indifferent' that suggests that actually the club didn't do a bad job here.

Could it have been better? Yes, but it could have been so much worse.

Was a change needed? Debatable, and I was personally happy with the crest but a new badge could make sense going forwards from a branding point of view. 

As a fan of the old Sheffield Wednesday stylised owl, I have to say I really like this Robin design. Simple lines and it could become bit of a classic, whatever you do with the circle around the edge. Yes it will be used in corporate branding, and by the women's team, but we could have been lumbered with something a lot worse too.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Looks quite nice on JL's jacket (without the roundel)

Screenshot 2019-03-26 at 23.48.03.png

I actually really like that version of it, on that jacket. 

I’m not really fussed either way about the new badge, but that (even more) simplified version looks good. 

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

As of now (over 400 votes) more people love it than hate it, and more people like it than dislike it (both just as individual options and as positive vs negative totals).

While over a quarter of votes were 'indifferent' that suggests that actually the club didn't do a bad job here.

Could it have been better? Yes, but it could have been so much worse.

Was a change needed? Debatable, and I was personally happy with the crest but a new badge could make sense going forwards from a branding point of view. 

Agreed. Over 70% (currently) don’t dislike it, or better. That’s got to be regarded as a success. 

Keep the version of the badge on JLs on the vid above. Add the suspension towers either side of the football. 

Job done. 

I don't mind what they've gone for. 

However it's literally just a Btec Brentford badge. It just looks worse overall. Proportion, Year. Just... 'Off'. 

15 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Keep the version of the badge on JLs on the vid above. Add the suspension towers either side of the football. 

Job done. 

I don't mind what they've gone for. 

However it's literally just a Btec Brentford badge. It just looks worse overall. Proportion, Year. Just... 'Off'. 

Brentford’s...? Of course it looks a bit like Brentford’s. They are the “Bees” they have a Bee. We are the “Robins” we have a Robin. 

Now look at every other clubs badge and, I’d guess, 80-90% relate to their nickname too. 

Archived