IGNORED

New Badge Poll

elhombrecito

New Badge Poll  

894 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After a good nights sleep and the acceptance that the design will not be changed at all it's slowly becoming more acceptable. 

It's fair to say it could have been worse having seen Leeds badge that literally had nothing to do with the club at all and although I am not a fan of modernised round badges I do understand that they are versatile, more cost-effective and ultimately with the coat of arms issue I suppose it is no longer a choice anyway.

All that said I think far more consultation should have been done with the fans, I don't think there was enough inclusion and the decision to print out clothing, spend money on advertising etc before the majority of fans had seen the badge feels like a strong arm move by Bristol Sport to ensure there is no going back to the board for a re-design or even small changes. Once that money was invested into advertisement and clothing had been printed Bristol Sport know full well that the fans understand with that kind of investment it would be a waste to change it, we've essentially been told: "this is it, the money has already been spent!".

I'm sure I'll like it one day, I'm already beginning to accept it, but like many, I wish the suspension bridge was on there. This leads me to my thoughts about it not being present: With the coat of arms not technically being ours to use and the council making it an issue to continue using it I wonder if this is why the suspension bridge was left out. We can see that in the process of designing the badge it was included which makes me wonder if the decision to not use it may have been due to fear of the owners of the suspension bridge complaining that the likeness rights were being used without their permission further down the line?

17 minutes ago, Tangle Foot said:

I’d be onboard with this version!

I think most would upgrade their 'like' of the badge a level if the bridge was incorporated.

That said, watching the Jon Lansdown interview, it appears there were a number of designs with the bridge and for whatever reason, they were dropped.

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I think most would upgrade their 'like' of the badge a level if the bridge was incorporated.

That said, watching the Jon Lansdown interview, it appears there were a number of designs with the bridge and for whatever reason, they were dropped.

Maybe because of potential image rights as mentioned above.

Without the round badge, the logo itself looks very tidy.

Unlike many people on Facebook and Twitter, I'm not fussed about having the bridge on the badge. If we wanted clutter we should have stuck with the old badge.

I wish the club would've had an open consulting period, where several badges were shown with the robin logo. We've got a tidy logo with a basic circle, and I reckon we can do a lot better.

3 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Last night I wasn’t sure if I liked it or not,after looking at it again it’s grown on me,at the end of the day there’s only so much you can do with a robin.

Agree with this. 

It was a bit meh yesterday but in the cold light of day, it could have been a lot worse. I still haven't recovered from the Bristol Rugby change yet. 

• Admin
7 minutes ago, EnderMB said:

Without the round badge, the logo itself looks very tidy.

Unlike many people on Facebook and Twitter, I'm not fussed about having the bridge on the badge. If we wanted clutter we should have stuck with the old badge.

I guess the plan was for it to be simplistic, adding the bridge maybe took it away from that?

The part I can't figure is why the date is in two different sized fonts?

16 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

The more I see it the more I like it.

Same.  Thought it looked good on the players video on Semenyo's t shirt.

The simple design scales small and large well.

Agree the words look offset and don't line up well round the circle, but I'm sure that'll be ironed out in later versions.

18 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Don't hate it. The 1894 looks out of place and agree there should be room somewhere for the bridge. Love the new shirt.

PS if we dont like the result of the vote can we have another one in 3 yrs time ?

No, but we can in 42 years if there are decades of friction about it which indicate well over half the fans detest it.

Voted like, but with a lot of reservations. I guess I like the CAS (clean and simple) idea, but I don’t believe they they got it quite right.

Two thirds right maybe, but it’s the third they haven’t that’s going to irritate me.

Edit, and yes much prefer it without the underground stylee/Brentford circles.

Archived